Chapter Twenty-Five

Maybe; Perhaps; Possibly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pie set Mr. Panuparb's folder aside and knew that the last thing on her mind was to work on a new investment proposal. She turned her swivel chair towards the window and took out her phone. She watched the sun slowly set, turning the blue sky to brilliant orange as she waits for Kim to answer her call. Still no answer. She knew Kim won't talk to her but it didn't stop her to try calling her over and over. Pie heaved a deep sigh; she glanced to her right and saw Nam looking at her.

"I don't think Kim will answer your call, babe." Nam said as she rose from her seat and walked towards Pie.

"I know. She's still mad at me." Pie said sadly, staring back at the window.

Nam shrugged as she sat down next to Pie, "Maybe. But Shone said she didn't go to work today. Ploy called him telling them that Kim can't go to work. She's sick."

Pie got up suddenly from her chair, and faced Nam. Her palms began to sweat and her heart beat faster and her worry grew into panic. Nam was startled to find Pie began to pace back and forth in front of her.

"Pie, relax. I think, Kim just needed to rest. Do you want me to drive you at her place now?"

Pie glanced at her watch and noticed it nearing the sixth hour.

"Is it okay for us to leave early?" Pie asked, anxiously glancing at Nam then back to her watch.

"It’s fine. I'll ask Fah to handle it for us. Wait for me in the parking lot. I'll talk to Fah first."

Pie nodded in return, then she fumbled for her bag and hurried her way outside.

###

 

Pie spotted Kim's car parked off to the side of their driveway. Somehow, relief flowed through her. She walked up to Kim's door and knocked, taking deep breaths to calm her racing heart.

"Who is it?" Ploy's voice called from the other side of the door.

"Sweetie, it's me, Pie."

Ploy opened the door wide and saw Pie standing there. Ploy's sweet smile instantly crossed her face.

"P'Pie!" Ploy said, her sweet smile never faltering.

Pie ruffled Ploy's hair and gave her an affectionate hug. Pie closed the door behind her as she stepped into the house, and quickly looked around for Kim.

"Where's your Pa?" Pie can see that Ploy was excited to see her but her face fell when she asked her about Kim.

"She's in her room. She's sick since last night."

"Why didn't you call me, sweetie?"

"Pa told me not to tell you because she doesn't want you to worry. I'm sorry." Ploy replied sadly.

"That's okay. Are you the one taking care of her?" Pie smiled and touched Ploy's soft cheek.

"Yes, but Nana was here a while ago. She brought us some food. She said she'll come back again later to check on Pa."

"Okay. Can you do me a favor, sweetie? Kindly call your Nana and tell her that I'll take care of you and your Pa. I know she's very busy in the café and I don't want her to get tired going back and forth here."

Ploy nodded then smiled back at Pie.

###

 

Kim hadn't turned at the sound of her bedroom door opening as Pie entered. The room was dimly lit by a single lamp resting on the bedside table. Pie saw Kim sleeping, only her face showed above the blanket wrapped tightly around her. She came over the bed and sat on it gently. Pie can hear the faint sound of Kim's whispered b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter