Final

Winter, Snowflakes and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a.n: beta-ed some part and deleted the old chap :D Thanks to boneofmysword :*

 

 

“Would you open the door for me, Mr. Kwon?”

He hesitated for a while. He took a deep breath before disappearing. I looked at the big painting behind the glass door.

It’s him. Finally.

He had a bright white hair, but eventually Mr. Kwon toned down the bright color with a yellow accent, as if it was a Bokeh effect. His nose –he has an unusual bumpy nose. My heart became warm despite the coldness of winter. Then I hear that Mr. Kwon was coming towards me. He unlocked the door.

“Please, come in.”

I entered and observed the room. The room was full of his portrait paintings, as if this was a room for praising him. I could see that Mr. Kwon had it arranged by the year. On my left, was marked ‘8th’, the biggest one, at the center, was ‘25th’ and it almost nothing after ‘25th’. There were one painting, named ‘30th’. Different than the other, the ‘30th’ was portraying sadness. “Why there’s nothing after 30?”

He looked at me. “There’s one called ‘33rd’, Mr. Choi. But I couldn’t finish it because he ran away.”

“Ran away?”

“Yeah.”

I nodded. “So… What’s his name?”

“Before I tell you, may I know the reason why do you keep insisting to know this man on the painting? I don’t want to expose his identity to stranger, actually. Because he’s my precious friend.”

“I want to get to know him more, Mr. Kwon. Don’t ask the reason why because I don’t know what this feeling is. I’m just… Curious.”

“Not a strong reason to give you his information Mr. Choi.”

“And you’re not in a position to bargain, Mr. Kwon.”

Rolling his eyes, he moved towards the biggest painting in the room.

“Are you going to include this room for exhibition?”

He shook his head. “No. This room is special and I never thought about presenting this room to anybody. Well, but you’re here.” He traced the small board under the painting –which written the information about the painting- and smiled. “His name is Daesung, Kang Daesung.”

The hobo-styled painter stayed silent for quite a good time. I grew impatient. “And?”

“If I could say, he was my first model when I tried to paint. A good doctor –indeed, he’s an angel.”

“Would you please give me his contact?”

Mr. Kwon glared at me. “I sense something bad, Mr. Choi, and I don’t believe you.”

“I’m a good person, Mr. Kwon.”

He took out something from his pocket and gave it to me. “This is his last phone number he used. I don’t know whether he’s still using that or not. That brat always goes abroad and it’s hard to catch him. I wonder why he acts like that.”

I read the number carefully. “How about his email?”

“Actually, I’m not giving you that information, Mr. Choi, because he told me that his e-mail was only for his closest friends, and you’re not the one.”

“Alright. How could I meet him?”

“Oh, he’s a ghost, Mr. Choi. He would appear and disappear whenever he likes.”

“A hard to catch fish, huh?”

“He’s not a fish, he’s an angel. Maybe you should do good deeds, Mr. Choi. That way you could attract an angel to come to you.”

I huffed a laugh upon hearing Mr. Kwon’s sentence. “Attract an angel. I will keep that in my mind.”

“So, how about the agreement?”

“Okay, I could do that. I think you have to come to my office tomorrow to speak further about this, Mr. Kwon.”

“Thank you so much, Mr. Choi. Ah, this is my name card.” He give me his name card with two hands and I took a look at the name card. Kwon Jiyong. Why did that name ring a bell? “And good luck with Daesung-ie.”

I smiled to him. “Thank you to you, too, Mr. Kwon Jiyong.”

 ***

 

“Samchooooonnn. Samchon, Samchon, Samchooooon!!! Play with me, play with mee…” Yeonjun climbed and sat on my lap. I hugged him from behind and sniffed his baby scent. My heart grew bigger.

“What do you want to play, Yeonjun-ah?”

“I want to play outside, but Mommy doesn’t let me.”

“It’s snowing outside, Yeonjun-ah… You’ll get cold.”

“But Samchuun, you know that my friend said that there would be a snow angel when it’s snowing. I want to meet the snow angel and ask the snow angel to make a loooooottt of snow!” He’s widening his arms, gesturing how much snow he wanted.

“Mommy said no. Samchon doesn’t want to get scolded by your Mom, okay?”

“Ah. I hate you, Samchon. You never plays snow with me, you know!” Yeonjun jumped from my lap and stuck out his tongue to me. “I want to play with Grampa.” He ran to my father’s work room, his was swaying here and there because of his diaper.

 I shook my head and smile. Yeonjun’s getting bigger and bigger every day. Seeing him growing was the best time of my life. Being the youngest and the only son in this patriarchy culture had its own perks; I grew up with much love from my parents and my older sister, was pampered, and always got what I wanted, but then my parents and my noona still had authority over me. I was given much love, but I needed to give my love to somebody also.

Then Yeonjun came to earth.

The little hands, fragile body, small nose and cute red lips… He’s a little angel. If his parents pampered him, I was the one who gave him more –I spoiled him. Whenever I ran away to other country, I would always come back with mountains of presents for him. The one who could stop me was only his mother. But still, Yeonjun is my… Everything.

I heard Yeonjun’s scream and laughter from the backyard. My father seemed to allow him to play with the snow. The laught

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter