Ch 1

Pendulum of Delirium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all began when someone left the window open. The wind crawled up my skin, leaving traces of goosebumps to follow. From the corners of my eyes, I could make out the floating curtains. Suddenly, I caught a glimpse of a shadowy figure.

Before I could react, my legs already had minds of their own. My steps were hesitant as they made their way towards the window, wondering what exactly could have just been outside.

When I finally reached the glass-framed opening, I suddenly recalled never even stepping close enough to the window to open it. The thought got quickly pushed aside when another gush of wind shoved its way through the slim opening.

Remembering one of the reasons why I was here in the first place, I peeked outside, hoping to see the figure again. My eyes roamed through the glass, my vision catching onto the vacant yard of dark, broken branches. A layer of fog enveloped the atmosphere, hindering my vision.

“Ayy!” I grunted. A sudden pain stung my eyes as I stumbled backwards. Using one hand to shield them and the other to feel around, I hobbled around. After what felt like a minute or so, the pain started to die away. I removed my palm from my eyes, allowing my vision to adjust to the dimly lit asylum.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter