Ch 2

Pendulum of Delirium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mark, boy,” a voice called out.

My eyes flickered open, readjusting to a new surrounding. Where is this place? Thousands of questions rushed through my brain at once.

“Hey, boy!” The person’s voice snapped me back to reality. But one question lingered in my head. Was this reality?

“Papa Tush,” I exclaimed breathlessly.

He chuckled, “Oh ho ho, I told you to not call your dad by that name.”

I felt a sense of familiarity as I once again became reunited with this person. It had been so long. I held back tears of joy. “How have you been, Papa Tush?”

The said person winced at the name. “I told you to not call me that!” he yelped. Nonetheless, shaking his head amusingly, he replied, “I’m fine, Mark.” He his heels and that was when I realized that we were in the playground.

I gasped. “Y-you’re still working on this playground? I thought it had collapsed when you sat on it, Papa Tush.”

He slapped his knee. “Ah, good old Mark. Still got his wonderful sense of humor.”

I shrugged halfheartedly and sauntered over to join him by the slide. I picked up a hammer and slammed it against a nail along the metal side. Much to my disappointment, the entire structure disintegrated. “Oops.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter