Birthday Surprise Goes Wrong

The Journey

​CHAPTER 1

Birthday Surprise Goes Wrong

 

 

"Taeyeon, i think i'm sleepy."

Taeyeon stopped right away when she heard her boyfriend sigh from the other line. Both her eyebrows furrowed,  guessing whether this  will be like those previous night.

"O-oh, okay. You must be so tired i guess.."

She can heard Baekhyun's long sighed for the 2nd time this night. And for the nth time, today.

"Hmmm, goodnight"

Bepp.. Bepp

Taeyeon massaging her throbbing temple and sighed. "Bye." He even hung up before i could said goodnight. She then crawled out of bed to open the window. Poked out her head, she inhaled the night breeze, trying to soothing her heart. The night sky was blessed with hundredth star which refelct its light into Taeyeon's sad angelic face. She closed her eyes and inhaled sharply these night breeze—tried to fulfill her lungs with its calm. Dark and lonely night. Only Tiffany's wide laughter from other room that accompanied her soul. She silenty mouthed thanks to her bestfriend. Taeyeon stepped her legs towards the door and opened its slowly. She headed to kitchen to grab a carton of milk. Tiffany's laughter grow louder as she put her ears at the door.

"Huh?? Seriously?? How could you do that?!"

"What??? I bet she must be so pissed right now.... you little rascal"

Taeyeon shook her head, refused to listen any further. Respect other's privacy. That's what her mom taught her. She continued her steps towards kitchen and opened the firdge, only to find it empty  She pouted and glanced at the clock.11:40 PM. Not that late.Taeyeon headed back to her room and came out a minute later with thick jacket and mask covering her face. Supermarket, here we go.

 

****

 

The clock showed 1 AM when she returned to her dorm. She still heard Tiffany's hearty laugh, as though more louder than an hour ago. She shrugged her shoulder, trying hard not to care her bestfriend weird behavior since this past week. Maybe she's inlove?? Hmmmm. Taeyeon seated herself on a kitchen chair while gulped down a carton of milk. Silence and emptiness couldn't help her to forget about her feelings. Even made it worse. Taeyeon sigh. What's wrong?? really?? After we through a lot...Taeyeon buried her head in the table. She couldn't help but re-think again and again, maybe i made mistake?? but what did i do?? ugh. Cold and distance, that's what her heart told her. But the selfishness in her head told her to forget about it. To act like nothing happened. Taeyeon massage her head, this relationship started to make her tired. But, no. I shouldn't giving up like this.

"T-taeyeon?" Taeyeon lifted her head from the table when she heard Tiffany's groggy voice. She chuckled. That's what you get after laughing for more than an hour!!

"Hey Fany-ah.." Taeyeon smiled to her and  patted the empty chair beside her--signaling her bestfriend to sit on it. Hesitate at first, Tiffany manage to accomplish her bestfriend request. Awkward. Taeyeon laugh silently.She must be so curious whether i caught her on phone with her soon to be lover in the midnight... laughing out loud for the god sake!!!!.

"W-why y-you're not sleep yet?" Cute. Even now she didn't dare to look at her eyes.

"Hmmmm i think because insomnia." Taeyeon replied while gulped down her carton milk until its empty.

"again?" 

Taeyeon nodded, crushing the empty container with her small palm and tossed it into the trashbin.

"Taetae... you know that you can tell me anything right?" Tiffany stared sharply at her eyes. Taeyeon in debated with herself, whether to tell her bestfriend or not. But in the end, she choose to tell Tiffany everything.

"I don't know what's wrong either but i sense that something feels different.. He's change."

Silence strike them for past two minutes before Tiffany decided to break it with her long sigh. Taeyeon turned her head to Tiffany, only to find strange expression in her face. "Fany, i'm sorry i shouldn't tell you about this again. sorry for bothered you.."

"N-no!! It's not that Taetae.. c'mon tell me the rest story." After Tiffany assured her, Taeyeon begin her story. Started from their abruptly cancelled dating, unanswered call, Baekhyun's strange act when they meet, up to his new behavior to ended their usual night call.

"I-i think h-he w-will d-d-dump m-me s-soon.."

"Sssssstttt" Tiffany wiped Taeyeon's tears away with her thumb. "No, he love you too much to do stupid things like that!!" said Tiffany, trying to calm her bestfriend down.

"B-but w-what if he.. w-what i-if h-he d-doesn't love m-me a-anymore?!"

"Then I'll kick his for you!!!"

Tiffany sigh in relief when she heard faint chuckle from the older girl. She put her arms around Taeyeon and embrace her petite body. "Thanks Fany," Taeyeon said quietly, but Tiffany still heard it. "No Problem. I'll do that for sure though." Tiffanysmiled when she heard Taeyeon's faint chuckle for the second time.

"Uhm.. Fany?"

"Yes?"

"You know that this Saturday is his birthday right?"

"Hmmmmm"

"Honeslty, i've planning to give surprise to him.. EXO kids tag along too"

"Really? That's great."

"Hmmm, so... would you help us Fany?"

Tiffany a bit surprised to hear it. But, she didn't fail to manage calmness in her voice. "Of course."

"Thank you again Fany. I hope it will work."

"Yeah, I hope so." Oh, Taeyeon.

 

****

 

3 Days Later

From : Yeppeuni Fany

Taetae, i'm sorry i can't help you and the boys.. I have something important to do. Love you :)

She stared at her cell phone with disappointment. It's okay. A few second later her cell phone vibrated again. 1 inbox. Taeyeon smiled and open the message.

From : Chanyeol

Noona, Baekhyun already leave!! Come here noww! Let's get started!!. Ajja! ajja!!! :) :)

Taeyeon chuckled while replied to his message. Eh this kid. 

To : Chanyeol

Oooookay. On the way there!! Don't wait for me!

Taeyeon put her phone in the bag and then started the car engine. Hmmmm gotta get something for them...

 

****

 

"I'm hereeee!!!!!"

Taeyeon shouted happily when she entered EXO's dorm. Smile plestered in her face when she saw her dongsaengs was busy by ornaments on the wall. She almost burst out laughing when Kyungsoo slipped and squished by Kai's body on top of him.

"O-oh H-hey Noona!!!" greeted Kyungsoo who's struggle under Kai's body "Get off me now!! Ew!!"

"The hell?! You're the one who trapped me with your clumsy legs!!" said irritated Kai. He then gets up and give Taeyeon a hug.

"I'm sorry Noona, He's always clumsy" said Kai—still with irritated voice.

"It's okay.. you two so romantic by the way..." Taeyeon tried so hard to hold her laugh. But of course, failed. Miserably.

"Ergh!! No way!! He always said like he's the victim although he enjoyed that too." Kyungsoo said while patted his ached shoulder. Kai widened his eyes. "What??"

"Are you deaf?!"

Taeyeon really want to played along with them but a long muscular arm around her body stopped her from doing so.

"You're here!!!" 

"Oh, hey Suho. How's everything?" Suho broke her hug and brought her into their living room. "Everything seems okay.. I'm sure he will like it!! oops. love it!!!"

"I hope so. Oh, this.." Taeyeon gave Suho two paper container which had KFC label on them. 

"Wow. Thank you noona!! It's smell really good!!!"

"What's smell good?" respond Chanyeol who's appear from a pile of balloon near the couch. He sniffed the countainer with his sharp nose "Hmmm chicken? great!!"

"I think we should eat first guys... need much energy today..."

 

****

 

"What are you doing here?"

"Why? you hate me now?"

"Not that, but... "

"?"

"Hey, you sounds like her..."

"Really? i guess she's influence me that much."

"Tsk, you two made good couple. Byun couple."

"Forget about her. Let's just enjoy our time together.. honey"

"It sounds weird."

"But you like it don't you???"

Sigh," Yes. Very much."

 

****

 

5 hours later...

"He doesn't answer my call. Again." Taeyeon said gloomily. 

"Let me call him then.." Kyungsoo took out his cell phone from his pocket and walk away. Taeyeon slumped down on the sofa, her eyes never left doorway. No, it will work. i'm sure he will come soon. he will back. Suho gave signal to s. Leave us alone.  Which Chen replied with small nod, then he and other boys get up from their seat, not without heavy sigh. Suho looked like he's thinking of something, something like choose the right word to made Taeyeon felt better.

"Don't worry noona, he will be back in less than one minute... he has light power right???"

one minute later...

"okay, maybe i'm wrong. He's not avatar."

Taeyeon smiled. "Avatar doesn't control light, Suho."

Suho rubbed his head cutely. "Ahh yes, but believe me!! He will be here soon!”

Taeyeon smiled wider."Okay.. okay.. ."

"Seriously, i'll burn his bu—"

"Taeyeon noona!! He said that he'll be here in 15 minutes!!!" shouted Kyungsoo while rushed towards them, followed by other boys.

Taeyeon dan Suho spontaneously jolted from their seat. Suho smirked "Told you. He will be here!!”

Taeyeon smiled widely,showed off her famous chin dimple. Her heart became relieved and her head felt lighter than before. "Okay!! Let's get ready guys!! Kyungsoo, took the cake from fridge and hide yourself behind the couch. Suho dan Chen, please  check the properties once more time. Chanyeol, Kai, Sehun, Xiumin, Lay, don't forget to showering him conffeti once he stepped in this dorm. But.. hmmm i think we need to clean this mess first..." She pointed to empty food container, drinks, plate, and tissue at the table.

"Not big deal!! Let's do that!" shouted Kyungsoo brightly.

"Alright!!!!" said the other boys. 

Taeyeon observed her surroundings. Banner, check. snack, check. tart, check. drinks, check. cups, check. balloons, check. conffeti, check. wall decoration, check. hmmmmm.. gift, che—what?!!. Taeyeon smack her head. How could i forget it??!!!Babo!! She abruptly glanced at clock. Still have ten more minute.. Calm down Taeyeon... She sighed in relief. Then, the realization hit her. What?!! only 10 minutes??? How could you so calm, Taeyeon!! Do something!! NOW!!.

"Guys, i think i forget something... Be back in less than 10 minutes" Taeyeon grabbed her car keys and headed to doorway.

"Hey!! Wait for me!!" shouted Suho. "Chen, ask others to help you. I don't know but i have bad feelings about this."

 

****

 

Sounds of car's screech clearly can be heard that silent afternoon. Suho opened the window with one hand clutching his suddenly queasy stomach.  "Sorry Suho, you can wait here." Without waiting a replied from him, Taeyeon open the door and rushed to her dorm. She could saw Tiffany's car parked neatly in the garage. Fany already home?? why didn't she call me??. Taeyeon shrugged her shoulder, continued her steps towards doorway. She opened the door and  almost shouted her bestfriend's name when her eyes caught a pair of familiar shoes placed neatly in the shoe rack. B-baekhyun??. Her heart beating faster than before. She can felt sweat run down from her forehead. No. It can't be.. It can't be...

"Hey stop, you should be going now.. a-ah"

Taeyeon widened her eyes. T-tiffany??

She approached Tiffany's room with very heavy steps. She closed her eyes and inhaled long, very long breath then exhaled slowly, quietly. Open. Don't. Open. Don't. Open. Don't. Okay, open it Taeyeon. Both of her trembling hands reached for the doorknob, hold it tight. She just need one final push to open that damn door. Taeyeon inhaled again and exhaled extra long breath before push herself to open the door. 

Taeyeon was shocked. Her eyeballs almost out from its place and both of her hands covering . She can felt that her blood stopped flowing—she's freeze, maybe dead on the spot. In front of her, she saw her bestfriend-Tiffany dan her boyfriend—Baekhyun, laying on the bed with her boyfriend on top of her bestfriend—who's half .

 

Ah Okay.. this is the very first chapter.. TT *sweating*

seriously, i wasn't serious about this fic.. honestly, i almost deleted this story if not because i get some subscribers. So, thank you for subscribe this story^^ 

what do you think?? please comment!! give me your oppinion guys... :)