Final

Stupid Tall People

I let out a sigh as I threw myself onto my bed after a long week, deciding to rest until my boyfriend, Yixing showed up. 

"UGHHH." I groaned into the pillow as I thought about the events of the week.

~~~~~

"Give it back Baek." I said for the 50 billionth time, my patience running thin.

 

 

"Make me." I kicked out my leg, but the freaking jerkface I call my bestfriend jumped away. "You know that's not gonna work every time- I'm not stu- AHH!" I aimed another kick at his shin forcing him to start running down the hall.

"Byun Baekhyun! I swear to God that I will have your head one of these days!"

"But you can't reach. Whatchu gonna do about it?" He said as he stuck his tongue out before continuing to run away. I used the time he spent to aggravate me further to catch up to him, aiming another round of kicks at his shins. 

"You do realize I'm faster than you." I grabbed his arm, pulling it down in order to grab my pencil pouch, but the freaking butthead threw the pouch into his other hand that he raised as high as he could. 

"You do realize I'm taller than you." I jumped, and tried in vain to reach my pouch but the idiot simply stood there, occasionally rising to his tippy toes to anger me more.

"Ugh! Stupid tall people." Baekhyun laughed before throwing the pouch at me. I glared at him and chucked an extra eraser at him before turning around and stalking away angrily.

~~~~~

"Move out of the way! I can't see! Gawd I hate playing Just Dance with you people. Why must you insist on being in the front? I'm at least 15 cm shorter than you people!" I yelled at an overly excited Chanyeol and Tao. "UGHHHHH! Why must you all be so tall! Stuupid tall people." the pair sipmly laughed before resuming their overly intense game of just dance, their inner (or not so inner) Arianna Grandes coming out as they selected "Problem" as their next song. 

~~~~~

"Thanks for the bubble tea noona." Kai said as he and Sehun sipped on the bubble tea I bought them right after their classes ended while the others were out doing God knows what.

"No problem," I said as I noticed a group of girls looking in our direction before whispering to each other. I know it's probably because Kai and Sehun are good looking and tall, but I couldn't help but feel like it had something to do with the much too obvious height difference that existed between me and the boys so I continued, "but if you want to make it up to me you could squat whenever you're close to me. Your heights hurt my self esteem. Stupid tall people." the two laughed before bending their knees to match my height.

"Better?"

"Much."

~~~~~

"AW! YOU'RE SO CUTE!" I said as I squished his cheeks.

"Shtop it." Jongdae mumbled out. I pouted a little as I pulled my hands away. 

"Fine. Your sho cute though. I said with a pat on his head. He frowned for a few seconds until he smiled and stood up, towering over me.

"You're sho cute though," Jongdae said and he patted me on the head as I frowned.

"I'm older than you you kid!"

"But I'm taller than you."

"Stupid tall people. I hate you all." He simply chuckled and patted my head once more before walking away, not giving me the chance to strangle him. 

~~~~~

"UGH! STUPID TALL PEOPLE! I HATE THEM ALL!" I screamed as I thought back to all my short person struggles after another day of dealing with tall people (tall people meaning people taller than me which doesn't take much but shhhhh). I turned around as I heard a chuckle from behind me.

"Even me?" Yixing, my boyfriend, asked with a smile on his face.

"As of right now, yes even you Yixing." he pouted a little before stepping closer to me. 

"Well if we weren't taller than you, who would get everything from the higher shelves? Who would hide you when you try to escape from your angry sister?"

"Ladders and cupboards."

"What about pushing through crowds?"

"Just scream."

"Fine. If I wasn't taller than you, would I be able to do this?" With that, my boyfriend I currently hated because, you know, he's taller than me, stepped even closer and leaned his head downward, placing a tender kiss on my lips.

"I guess I don't hate everything about tall people," I said as we broke apart, "but you and all your tall friends still need to squat whenever you come near me."