Chapter 2

Salt

" What a day ..." Keumjo said as she came out of the shower refreshed.

"As the coach of the girls soccer team. You cannot play for the team until your grades go up... and that's final."

Keumjo sighed deeply and jumped onto her bed, burying her face into her pillow. All day, she has been thinking about her coach's words today. Not only that she was thinking of ways to boost up her mark in math. 

Today was a pretty ty day for her.

Ring...Ring...Ring

The brunette's phone could be heard somewhere at the foot of her bed. Most likely buried by her clothes.

A groan escaped her lips. 

She swiped her thumb across the screen, not even bothering to look at the screen as to who was calling.

"Hello?"

"Hi Keumjo! Sorry to bother you at this time" A cheerful voice, with a hint of awkwardness, said on the other line.

As if she was late for school, Keumjo sat up straight, and rubbed the sleepiness out of her eyes. "S-Sojin-ssi"

Sojin chuckled in the other end of the line. "No need to be so formal, we're the same age. Just Sojin is fine."

It may just be Keumjo, but she can feel a smile on the other girl's face when she said that. 

"Oh, um, okay. Sojin. Err, uhh. Why are you calling?" Keumjo cursed at herself for stuttering, and how her tone sounded pretty rude. Keumjo you idiot

Keumjo laughed awkwardly. "Sorry that sounded rude, just nervous because I'm talking to someone new, and because you're really pretty-"

The brunette slapped shut using her hand. She could feel her face starting to feel very warm, especally her ears. You idiot.

"Um, carry on. Sorry." She tried to laugh it off.

Sojin laughed cutely in response to Keumjo's little confession. " Wow thank you, first time someone actually complimented me. What was i supposed to tell you again ... oh yes! I can't come after school tomorrow, sorry. I have an doctor's appointment." 

Unconciously, Keumjo's lips formed a pout. "Oh ..."

" Do you really need the help?" Sojin asked. 

"Y-yeah, w-we have a test on Monday and this unit really confused me." Keumjo responded. 

It was silent on the other end for a while. 

"Well want to meet up somewhere? It's Friday tomorrow, and I'm free from then."

"Um..." Keumjo scrunched up her nose to think.

Should I ...

"If you want, we can meet here in my place. If you want, we can always go somewhere else." Keumjo quickly added the last part.

"Sure! Where do you live?" Sojin responded. "It's no problem really, its nice to get out of the house sometime. Oh, and what time should I come?"

Keumjo was silent for a second. "Oh. Um okay then ..."

While the two were setting up a schedule, the soccer player's heart was beating uncontrollably fast. It's the feeling she gets when the team is up against a really good opponent. She can feel palms start to sweat, starts to feel like she hasn't drank water in days, she can feel her insides churn, and she felt like she was out of breath. Nervous? Maybe. Because at the same time she felt like she scored a winning goal for the team. Excited?

Whatever she was feeling, she was too tired to figure out. 

She looked at the time on her phone and groaned. All she can think about was what's going to happen tomorrow. "Keumjo. Calm your hormones and get to sleep." She scolded herself. 

~

THE NEXT DAY

"Home! Finally!" Keumjo hollered in the empty house.

The student took of her shoes and dropped her bag. She dashed to her bedroom, quickly changing into a pair of grey sweatpants, and a loose black v-neck shirt, and then running back to the living room to jump onto the sofa, and enjoy the silence in her house. 

The time on the clock said that she had an hour until her tutor's arrival.

"I have time." She said while yawning. "A nap wouldn't hurt anyone."

The brunette let her eyes close for a bit. Just for a bit. To regain her energy back that she lost in school.

DING DONG!

"W-what..?" Keumjo's eyes opened when the doorbell broke the silence that helped her sleep. Her eyes squinted to check the time. dropped when she noticed the time. "Ah, ."

She tied her hair in a messy bun, and fixed her bangs while running to get the door. As she reached the handle to open the door, she took a moment to calm herself. "Lee Keumjo. Please don't embarrass yourself this time. She's your only hope to get to the tournament."

"Hey Keumjo!" Sojin greeted her with a smile that showed of her cheekbones.

Keumjo smiled back, but she was taken aback by what Sojin was wearing. Did she really go to the doctor's or did she go to the mall?

She was wearing a plaid shirt over her black tank top, and a pair of black shorts that showed off her toned legs. Keumjo snapped herself out of her trance before her tutor starts to get creeped out. "S-sorry, come in." 

"Are you hungry? Do you want something to drink?" Keumjo asked her as they sat down by the kitchen table. 

"No thank you. I grabbed a bite to it before coming here." Sojin responded. She tied her hair into a low ponytail, letting her bangs fall in front of her face. The raven haired girl took out some sheets of paper and some pencils, and then faced Keumjo with a small smile. "Ready to start?"

Couple of hours passed, and Keumjo was doing pretty good job. She was actually paying really close attention. She doesn't know if its because it wasn't her strict math teacher Ms.Son teaching her, or she was just really determined to go to the tournament.

Soon enough the blank pages were filed with various numbers, and equations. The once clean table was covered with school supplies. With pens and pencils being lost under the sheets of paper, books on top of books, and notebooks filled with notes were opened. This was the first time Keumjo was actually taking math seriously. She was so serious that she was surprised she actually completed her homework. On a FIRDAY. Normally she would always push it to Sunday.

"Something wrong Keumjo?" Sojin asked looking up from her own homework.

"Heck yeah I am. I actually finished my homework. Sojin, thank you-" Keumjo turned to thank her tutor, but she never realised how close they were. "..So ... much.." she said the last part, almost a whisper if it wasn't for the quiet home.

Sojin didn't seem to be bothered by it. She probably doesn't even notice.

"No problem. It's why I'm your tutor." Sojin responded.

The orange colour of the sky caught her attention. It was a sign for her to go home. 

"Well if you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to call me. I should leave now." Sojin said as she packed all her things.

"Wow, time flies." Keumjo said surprised.

She helped Keumjo gather all the notes scattered on the table to throw into the bin. 

"Are you walking home?" Keumjo asked. Sojin nodded in response.

"Um... do you want me to walk you home?" Keumjo asked as she zipped her bag close. 

Sojin shook her head. "Thanks for the offer, but its okay. I don't live far from here."

Keumjo held the door open for Sojin as she tied her shoes. "Thanks for helping. Normally I would put it off until Sunday, unless I forget and just get in trouble." She scratched the back of her neck in embarassment.

"Well that's good this tutoring thing is changing your habits. Which is good." Sojin pointed out. She stod up ready to leave, but she turned back to look at Keumjo.

"Don't worry Keumjo, we'll work together to help you get to that tournament." Sojin said with a small smile.

Keumjo felt more relieved when the raven haired girl said that. It gave her hope that she can do this. The ends of her lips curled upwards as she looked at the ground, her cheeks turning a bit pink. "T-thanks." 

"Text me when you arrive home!" Keumjo's eyes widened in shock with what she said.

Sojin stopped in her tracks. 

What are you saying you idiot.

Why did you say that?! Who are you her boyfriend??? She's probably so weirded out right now. 

Keumjo just wants to shut the door, and think about her life choices, and make sure she doesn't blurt out random things without thinking. But, what Sojin said made the latter melt into a puddle of goo for some odd reason.

"I will. Have a good night! Text me anytime for help." Sojin replied back as she waved good bye to her school mate.

Still in shock, the soccer player kept on waving and waving until she noticed she wasn't in sight anymore. Closing the door, and making sure its locked, Keumjo was in a daze of what happened today. 

She wasn't used to getting tutored after school. She was used to soccer practice right after. She was used to her legs burning from all the running, not her hands almost cramping fromall the writing. 

Katalk!

Keumjo jumped back a bit when she recieved a text. She unlocked her phone, and quickly clicked on the messaging app.

Sojin: Lol i told you i live close :P Good Luck studying~

Good night :)

 

 

 

 

Annnnnnnnndddd we're done :D

lol i told myself why not just update while waiting for the New Year (its in 2h for me lol) *sorrY IF IT *

thanks for all the support <3 never knew people would actually read this TT v TT

school is starting soon :') it might take a while for me to update

BUT for now

Enjoy 2016 :D *confetti*