Episode 2-A - Discovery

Mato Protector Kija

 Jain strode in past Kija after she opened the door wider to allow entry. The woman paused to glance around the apartment, as if inspecting it. She was taller than Kija, especially with her heels on. She paused at some pictures on the wall: it was one of Kija and her parents. Jain made a 'huh' sound and resumed her walk towards the living room.

“Jain!” Daehyun was on his feet, almost like he was standing to attention.

“You both have some serious explaining to do,” she chided, immediately striding up to him and knocking him in the forehead, “Why are your communicators off? Can you not answer a call from Yongguk or Himchan? They're worried sick.”

“We had to hide since Youngjae was hurt and-”

“Shush it,” Jain was now kneeling next to where Youngjae lay on the couch, mindful to not let her skirt ride up, “what happened?”

“We...well, we encountered her,” Youngjae emphasized the 'her'. Jain's eyes widened just slightly, “she'd ducked into the pocket dimension, so we went after her. But then-”

“Miss Jang was pulled into the dimension as well. I understand,” Jain sighed before standing up, “are you injured?”

“I think it might be my ribs, and my arm.”

“That's odd. Your suit should have mended it by now,” Jain muttered. She turned her back in time to miss seeing Daehyun and Youngjae exchange a look. Kija didn't however. While Jain was dialing a number on her cellphone, Kija looked down at her wrist. The black band felt strangely heavier the more she stared at it.

“Hi. I found them. I'll bring them home,” she smiled and chuckled a little, “yes. I'll bring hamburgers. We'll see you soon.”

“Um, Jain, there's something-”

“We have a few moments. If you suit up Youngjae, I can check your suit for errors. At the very least it can get you home until Hana can take a look at you.”

“That's not really possible...” Youngjae look away from the quizzical expression she turned towards him, “Well...you see...ah, I sort of had to-”

“Youngjae gave his suit to her,” Daehyun blatantly pointed at Kija, “so she wouldn't die.”

“She looks well enough. Take it off her, we'll wipe her memory, and be on our way,” at the annoyed look she received from Kija, Jain made a 'sorry' motion with her hands, “apologies! Forgot you were in the room.”

“Yah!”

“Yeah, about that-”

“We already tried,” Daehyun interrupted Youngjae again, earning him a rather nasty look from the prone man, “we can't. It rejects our attempts!”

“...come again?”

Without another moment, Jain strode over to Kija and took her wrist. Immediately, Kija struggled to wretch her arm away. However, Jain's grip seemed unnaturally strong, and she could not pull away. Jain pulled her arm up enough so she could scrutinize the black band. A moment later and a ring of yellow light formed along one of it's edges, blinding Kija momentarily at it's suddenness. Jain 'tsked' and released Kija a moment later gently. She looked over her shoulder at the two men; Kija swore she saw the pair cringe a little.

“This is not good,” she said quietly, “not good at all,” perking up with a smile towards Kija, she continued, “Well Miss Jang. I think you need to come with us.”

“I'm not going anywhere! What hell is going on?!”

“Begging your pardon,” Jain suddenly held the cell phone to Kija's face, “but you don't really have a say in this.”

Moments later, a light flashed from the phone. Kija felt her vision blur for a moment, then her head felt light and airy, and the nall at once she was in blackness. She had one thought before passing out:

“That bit-”

***

Juyeon stared up the stairs to her shared apartment. She swore she saw a woman go into hers and Kija's when she was walking up the street. They didn't normally receive visitors, so it was bizarre in itself. But now, at the base of the stairs, the same woman was walking out, followed closely by two other familiar young men carrying something. Did Kija need to get rid of some furtniture?

The trio apparently didn't notice her as they continued down. She was preparing to step aside when she realized they were not carrying a sack or furniture or anything inanimate.

They had her roommate.

“HEY!” Juyeon immediately shouted. Her shout must have startled them, because to her horror the one carrying Kija promptly dropped her, “AH!”

“Idiot!” Youngjae shouted, stooping forward as if to try and catch the tumbling girl only to screech a little in pain and nearly tumble over himself. The woman with them steadied him while the other, who she now recognized as Daehyun from her store, scrambled to collect her friend as she tumbled down the stairs.

“I'm sorry!”

“You're lucky she has my armor! She'd risk breaking her neck otherwise!”

“Both of you,” the woman sighed, rubbing her forehead, “we have a guest.”

“Eh?...Oh! Juyeon!” Daehyun exclaimed.

“No you don't!” Juyeon had been rushing up the entire way to her friend. Kija was a crumpled mess at the bottom of the stairs, out cold. Fortunately, she was still very much alive, “What are you doing! Kidnappers!”

“No! No you got it wrong! We saved her!”

“I''m calling the police!” Juyeon tried to collect her friend in her arms while trying to get her phone at the same time. Daehyun tried to speak again, but Juyeon shouted for him to back off. She'd just managed to get her phone out when the woman spoke out next.

“Miss...Park right?” The woman smiled calmly, “please don't misunderstand. We're trying to help.”

Juyeon scoffed, and continued to try and pull Kija away. However, Daehyun very ably snatched her from Juyeon's hold. It was a swift move, one she wasn't expecting. The sudden loss of weight send Juyeon falling backwards onto her rear.

“Sorry! I'm sorry!” Daehyun immediately dropped Kija again to rush over to where Juyeon had fallen.

“Stop dropping her idiot!”

“Stop dropping her”

Both Juyeon and Youngjae shouted at him in unison.

“This is getting ridiculous,” the woman groaned, “Daehyun, please grab her. She's coming along.”

“Wait, wha-”

“Alright, Kekemato.” she heard Daehyun speak. A white light seemed to shine from his wrist, and moments later Juyeon had what she assumed was Daehyun in front of her. He was now clad in a black armored suit of sorts, white lines running down the sides in accent. Juyeon felt drop open, and before she could say anything else, Daehyun picked her up and threw her over his shoulder.

“YAH! Put me down!” Juyeon shouted, trying her best to kick and hit him with her fists, “Someone help!!”

“This is going to be a messy cleanup,” the woman grumbled, “you two owe me for this.”

“PUT. ME. DOWN.” Juyeon screamed again, only to have what looked like a phone placed in her face, “What in the-!”

A flash later, and the girl was out cold.

~~~

 

Somewhere in the dark, he smiled. The woman next to him in black armor silently showed him the recording of her last encounter with the so called 'Mato Protectors'. Despite his henchman's inability to actually kill one outright, she did prove to be useful in adding thorns into their sides. First, injurying their leader. Then, injurying another. Though normally her was certain that protector would have walked away from that injury after a moment. The Mato Suits were extraordinary in their ability to heal their attuned users. But despite this…

His cohort had indirectly caused something most fortunate. Not only were two of their protectors down...but now they had to deal with the suit itself not being useable by anyone…

Except for this Earthling child.