Prologue - To Earth

Mato Protector Kija

  Blade drawn, held low as he circled her, the woman laughed ever so sweetly at him from behind her helmet's mask. The black form fitted, yet androgynous, armor, matching the man's that circled her, caught the rays of this system's star. In the barren landscape of the moon she shined like a glossy black beacon. As the light reached him, the red accent on his armor seemed to glow brighter; contrasting to her solid black. They couldn't see the other's face: the matching helmet obscuring their view. But he knew she was smiling.

"You've chased me across the galaxy Yongguk. What is it you want? To make amends? To take me back?" She asked, her voice still painfully sweet, "you've always been so sentimental."

"I can't let you continue."

"You say that everytime."

With the last word, the woman sprang into action. Heedless of the gravity on the moon's surface, she moved quickly across it's surface. Yongguk prepared himself to meet her strike, watching as she drew a blade similar to his from a holster on her back. Just before she reached him however, she phased out of existence. He didn't register what was happening until the blow was already landed on his back.

He stumbled forward, catching himself before he fell. Blade at the ready, Yongguk spun around in time to block the blow from her sword aimed at his neck. Pushing upwards, he forced her back into a more defensive stance. As fast as she was, Yongguk knew in a toe to toe fight, he was still stronger. He pressed on until the woman was forced down to one knee, her arms shaking at the strain of holding him at bay.

"Just give up and come home-" He pleaded with her softly, keeping his advantage on her.

And despite this, the girl laughed softly.

"But sweetheart," her sickenly sweet voice was laced with venomous intent, "we've only just arrived."

As if on cue, Yongguk's eyes were drawn to the vision of the blue planet on the horizon. To his surprise, a ship materialized before him in the distance. He knew that ship. It was a vessel from TeS. The warship was heading for Earth.

He looked down at the girl in time to see her use a sudden surge of power to throw his blade up, off hers. Before Yongguk could react any further, he felt a sharp pain in his side. Grunting, Yongguk stumbled back, trying to keep up a defensive stance. Unable to stand however, he fell backwards onto the surface of the moon. Gray dust obscured his vision for a moment, but cleared long enough for him to watch the ship phase out of existence. The woman loomed over him. He could sense the sadistic smile on her face: he didn't need to see it.

Numbly, the pain coursing through his body, Yongguk looked to his side to see a knife sunk into it. He could feel the blood beginning to pool within his armor. When had she been able to do that...?

"Don't worry honey," she leaned down to whisper to him, "I didn't hit anything vital. Come play on this 'Earth' when you're feeling better. I'll be waiting~"

"YONGGUK!" A familiar voice shouted. The girl was forced out of Yongguk's vision. Vaguely, he heard the sounds of Himchan shouting out to her, and then the sounds of a fight. He wasn't sure anymore. His mind was a blur of pain.

"Yongguk. Yongguk look at me," when had Himchan gotten to his side?

"We have to get you back. C'mon, up we go, I know it hurts-"

"She...?"

"She got away. We'll catch her. Don't worry-"

"To...to Earth..." he sputtered, remembering her words, "we...we have to...to Earth..." Yongguk felt his body grow numb. His mind was fading, Himchan's frantic voice becoming quieter and quieter until he was in peaceful oblivion. The last thought on his mind:

Earth was in danger.