it's a cruel world

Aye! Aye! Captain!

a/n: well Happy New Year. If you are familiar with Kuroko no Basuke, a Japanese anime about basketball, then you’re probably familiar with the Emperor eye and Eagle eye ^^ I was actually tempted to include the anime characters in here wahahah

 

 

----

 

It has always been the same, the demarcation of the privileged and the poverty stricken was like night and day so it never really came as a surprise when two brothers found themselves in slavery at such a young age. The two brothers were from a mother, a from a bar and their fathers were believed to be pirates who they came to live without. Due to the depressing state of the lives of poor, they lived by eating scraps and worked their tiny asses for meagre coins. Their mother were apologetic to them, bringing them into a world to witness its evils but they both loved her dear and would not change their feelings towards her who had always tried her best to provide for them.

 

 

But fate and luck wasn’t on their side and thus, when the eldest was thirteen, and the youngest was twelve, their mother passed away due to Pneumonia and the kids were left to fend for themselves. They did odd jobs then and now but one day, the hunters took hold of them and they were sold to a wealthy Lord to till the lands and harvest crops. The two boys learned from hardship and despite being young, they were strong and they fought their way until their Lord was killed by bandits and his servants were sold once again, and this time the brothers found themselves aboard a pirate ship.

 

----

 

“We are flying.” Jonghyun said and Myungsoo nodded next to him.

 

“We reached maximum altitude Captain.” Dongwoo called out.

 

“Very well, assemble on deck.” Sunggyu shouted back and motioned for the brothers to follow them.

 

They all went out of the cabin and the brothers were at awe as they sailed between clouds, and birds flew past them. Sunggyu and Jinki stood in front of the crew and then grinned at the brothers.

 

“Welcome aboard 27 Saviour, as you began to know I am co-captain with my twin brother and now the crew.” Jinki said and one by one the crew introduced themselves.

 

“Nam Woohyun, first mate.” Woohyun, the sheepishly greasy looking pirate introduced himself.

 

“Jang Dongwoo, second mate.” The dino looking lad greeted

 

“Kim Kibum, call me Key.” The guy with the eye patch said. “Shooter, cook, jack of all trades.” He said.

 

“Choi Minho, right hand of Captain Jinki.” Minho said. “ Lee Howon, call me Hoya, right hand of Captain Sunggyu.” The other muscular guy said.

 

“Navigator, Lee Taemin.” The cocky maknae introduced himself. “Navigator, Lee Sungjong, and his twin brother.” The other maknae uttered.

 

“And Sungyeol, 2nd mate and overall hand.” The tallest said and waved at them.

 

“hello?” Jonghyun answered reluctantly. “I’m Jonghyun, this is my brother Myungsoo and why are we flying?” Jonghyun asked earning a laugh from Jinki.

 

“It’s not coincidence that you were sold to us, Lady Fate had her plans for you Jonghyun.” Jinki said.

 

“And Lady Luck has chosen you.” Sunggyu pointed out.

 

“Aboard this ship requires a calling and both the guiding Ladies have their gifts, Yours Jonghyun is the emperor Eye. You can see and predict an opponent’s move to effectively counter it.” Jinki said.

 

“and Myungsoo, you are gifted with Eagle eyes, and you can see even the tiny details that can protect our crew.” Sunggyu pointed out.

 

“And yours are?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“Yin and Yang.” Jinki explained, releasing a white ball of light while Sunggyu released a similar ball of light in black.

 

“is this.. a fairytale?” Myungsoo asked and Sunggyu laughed.

 

“You humour me too much pretty face, do you believe in them?” Sunggyu asked.

 

“Our mother told us bedtime stories.” Myungsoo seemed to sound a little sad.

 

“Care to share it?” Sunggyu asked and Myungsoo nodded.

 

----

 

Once upon a time, when the world was young and Earth was just a spec of dust, there lived gods and goddesses in a land called Olympus. The people were blessed by these deities and with them, had chosen ladies that served their temples. The gods favored the maidens, and gifted them with all kinds of material possessions. One of those gifts were Pandora’s box,  treasure chest believed to keep the largest treasure in the land, which became the interest of people who had budding greed. And Pandora, the maiden instructed to safeguard it, was tricked and thus she opened the box and released all the evil in the world; and worst was the man sho tricked her pushed her into the box when they found nothing of value when the box was opened. He locked the chest and threw it out into the sea.

 

The gods were furious and they punished the evil man; but Pandora cannot be saved and thus her spirit was reinforced into the box, a sacrifice she herself agreed on to atone for her mistake. They tried to gather the evils and collect them but the evils grew smart and Pandora’s box shattered and the only way to control evil was broken into pieces and scattered around the earth. The pieces were believed to scatter around Pangea, the first patch of Land when Earth was born but through evolution, the land shattered and some floated up in the air due to the magic of Pandora’s box.

 

And Pirates were born, to hunt down treasures but not many knew of what their actual mission is. Captain Hook was a popular figure but no one knew why he was hunting Peter Pan, but he was rumoured to be chosen by Lady Time to search for pieces of Pandora’s box. People feared him because he was vicious and he wasn’t afraid to kill anyone who went against him. He sailed the greatest seas and found a piece of artefact at Neverland but Peter Pan defended the place, never allowed Captain hook take the source of Neverland’s magic and up till date, Captain hook is still trying to take the piece of artefact from Peter Pan.

 

“Mom, do pirates exist?” Myungsoo asked his mother who smiled and nodded.

 

“Yes Myungsoo, one day, you’ll come to realize that bedtime stories are real and that you and your brother are heroes.” She said then kissed her son’s forehead. “Goodnight love.” She said then blew out the candles.

 

-----

 

“Unlikely story.” Dongwoo joked.

 

“I believed it.” Myungsoo defended himself.

 

“okay, no need to work yourselves with this.” Key said and then walked back inside. “Woohyun help me with dinner.” Key bellowed and the first  mate hurriedly ran towards the Diva.

 

“Impressive.” Sunggyu said. “Since Lady Luck had gifted you with Eagle eye, you are going to aide Sngjong and Taemin with Navigation.” Sunggyu instructed.

 

“And you Jonghyun with your emperor eye, will train with Minho and Hoya.” Jinki said.  “It will take another day before we dock at Pineas so I suggest you two to familiarize yourselves with the ship and the crew before we go to where Lady Fate and Lady Luck calls us.” Jinki said and bid the crew.

 

“Man the said Minho!” Jinki called out.

 

“Aye Aye Captain!” The right hand answered and took the wheel.

 

-----

 

“what is your story?” Myungsoo dared to ask as he sat next to Sungjong.

 

“My story?” Sungjong repeated the question and Myungsoo nodded. “My father got tricked by a merchant and both Jinki hyung and Sunggyu hyung saved us.” Sungjong said.

 

“What did they do?” Myungsoo asked.

 

“They kicked butts, seriously and my father had nothing to give the captains.” Sungjong said. “So he offered his services, manpower. Captan Jinki refused to take an aging man, its  against his principle to put elderly to work long hours, so instead, me and my brother offered our services in our father’s stead.” Sungjong explained.

 

“Your father agreed?” Myungsoo asked.

 

“Yeah, he was of course hesitant but we were determined. Sunggyu hyung decided to give him monetary gift in exchange for our services, he is doing well now with our sisters.” Sungjong continued.

 

“It seemed like the captains are good people, but I heard when were boarding that they are feared.” Myungsoo said and Sungjong nodded.

 

“Well, reputation I guess, the twin captains value trust, loyalty and justice so they are quite ruthless with you know, bloody mutts.” Sungjong shrugged.

 

“thunderstorm up north, 7 degrees.” Myungsoo suddenly said and Sungjong bellowed down deck.

 

“Minho hyung, 7 degrees North, thunderstorm.” He relayed the information and Minho odded, steering the ship to safety.

 

“Good Call.” Taemin whistled as he went up the mast.

 

“How do you do it?” Sungjong asked.

 

“I seriously have no idea.” Myungsoo said and Taemin laughed at him.

 

“We’ll refine your ability.” Taemin remarked. “Say, have you traded something already?” Taemin asked and Myungsoo was confused. “Oh, unless you are natural born like Jinki and SUnggyu hyung, you have to trade something important to get passage to any airship.” Taemin explained.

 

“I believe I haven’t done any trading, we were sold before we boarded.” Myungsoo explained.

 

“That’s peculiar.” Sungjong replied. “But I won’t poke my nose in private businesses, Taemin, your turn.” Sungjong passed him the compass and tugged at Myungsoo to follow him.