A little warmth for everybody

Warmer than Coffee

 

 


 

The aroma of the coffee filled the air as she poured it into her cup. It is going to be good, Sunny could tell. A whiff of the mesmerizing coffee scent and she felt all refreshed already. Speak of a perfect brew. Sunny settled herself at the kitchen table, ready to take a sip of her coffee as she vaguely thought of how her day was going to be. It was a rare day off, no schedule to rush to, no meetings to bore to death to and definitely a day to rest her exhasted knees.

 

Sipping her coffee slowly, letting the liquid sooth and warm her insides, Sunny let out a gentle sigh of content. It was a huge contrast to the raging storm outside the safety of her dormitory and she was thankful that she gets to stay indoors on a day like this.

 

Sunny smiled as she took another sip. It was at the perfect temperature.

 

I might as well be a fulltime barista. Sunny chucked at that silly thought.

 

However, her thoughts were rudely interrupted when Tiffany spoke.

 

"I am cold," Tiffany said.

 

Sunny snapped her head so fast that she thought she would have broken something, her neck perhaps.

 

"Excuse me? I might be offended." Sunny almost felt scandalised. "I just made you coffee set at the right temperature and also made perfect by the fact that it belongs to Yuri but she doesn't need to know that we drank some..."

 

She stopped herself when she realised Tiffany wasn't even listening. Sunny followed her sight and saw that Tiffany was actually staring at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon was playing with her cat, Sogeum, or rather, mindlessly her back while watching the TV on the couch. Sogeum was simply curled up, lying lazily and comfortably on Taeyeon's lap.

 

"I am cold," Tiffany repeated, eyes unwavering.

 

"Right, I was saying," Sunny remembered what she was rambling on before getting distracted. "The perfect coffee I made you..."

 

"You know what they say about cats?" Tiffany interjected.

 

"Huh? I thought we were talking about coffee?" Sunny asked, all confused.

 

Then there was a slight thud as Tiffany put down her cup on the kitchen table. Sunny raised her brows as Tiffany stood up, pushing the chair against the back of her knees and causing a loud screeching noise from the friction against the floor.

 

"They say that if you want to find the warmest part of the house, move the cat."

 

With that, Tiffany walked towards Taeyeon with a certain conviction that Sunny was almost convinced that Tiffany was going to do something drastic, like propose or break up with Taeyeon. Sunny took a peek at the microwave and wondered if she should make popcorns.

 

Tiffany came to a complete stop in front of Taeyeon, who looked up expectantly at Tiffany, most likely wondering if Tiffany had something to say. However, Tiffany wordlessly reached out to pick up the cat, much to the cat's annoyance and Taeyeon's surprise (apparent from the disgrunted meow and Taeyeon's half hanging hand), and placed tha cat on the floor.

 

She has the nerves to bully my cat. Sunny narrowed her eyes at Tiffany.

 

Tiffany then lied down in the same position as Sogeum was, sidehugging Taeyeon with a contented sigh. The surprised Taeyeon had a weird grin hanging on her face, half amused and half confused. Tiffany then grabbed Taeyeon's hand, still frozen in midair, and motioned to continue what Taeyeon was doing earlier - her hair. Taeyeon chuckled fondly and did as told.

 

Sunny rolled her eyes as she took another sip of her perfect coffee only to realise that it wasn't perfect anymore; the coffee has turned cold.

 

"Damn it, Tiffany," Sunny cursed under her breath.

 

Just then, Sogeum leaped onto her lap and settled down comfortably.

 

At least I have got you.  Sunny thought as she the cat fondly, coffee forgotten.