Beginning

Alice In WonderLand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Boxes Boxes, Trophies, Photo Albums, that's all I see in the attic. You may be wondering why I Am in the attic. If you are I am looking through my grandparent's stuff. Its really dusty in here... They said I can take anything I want in here for when I move out into my own house. I live with my grandparents sense my parents left me on the front door step's of my grandparent's house.  Anyway the attic is a medium sized attic not to big or too small, Yet it's nice to be in here with memories. I look around to see if there is anything nice. There is but it all looks like it all was from the 60's. After minutes of searching I decided to take a break . I head to the door when I see a glare from my right eye. I turned to see what it was, I couldn't see much because the object was cluttered by a few boxes. I sighed and moved the boxes, and that 'object' was a silver - golden book. I carefully picked it up. The book didn't have a title and I thought that was a little strange. I sat it back down and decided to look at it closer some other time.

   I run downstairs to see my grandparent's in the kitchen. My grandma making breakfast and my grandpa reading the newsletter.  "Morning, grandma and grandpa!" I say sitting down on a chair.

"Good morning dear! Would you like an omelet for breakfast?" My grandma asked.

"Yes, Please" I say.

I turn to my grandpa seeing him still reading the newsletter.

 "Grandpa, If that's hard to read why don't you watch the news on TV?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

"No, Alice I don't want to rise up the bill, we can barely afford our own home! Oh do mind getting my reading glasses over there?" Grandpa ask while trying to read the newsletter.

I nodded, I'm slightly sad that he struggles to see. Heck he can barely even see with his glasses on!    I give him his glasses and sat down with grandma to eat breakfast.

"Honey are you going to eat breakfast, with Alice and I?"

He nodded and took his glasses off and folded the paper up and ate breakfast.

    When we were done with breakfast, grandma and I were washing dishes.

"Grandma, you can stop washing the dishes" I say grabbing a plate and washing it for myself.

"You're a very sweet young lady Alice, Thanks." Grandma says patting my back.

I smiled and kept washing the dishes.

 

                      ______________________

 

“Thanks Alice! You can go home now!” My boss, Ms.Lee said.

“Thanks! See you tomorrow!”

I say leaving the cafe I work at

. As I walk home I wonder about the book I saw in the attic.

“Why doesn't it have a title?” I whisper to myself.

I really found it that strange, I mean when is it when you see a golden-silver book with no title? Pretty strange. I made it to the front step of the house, its only like a 3 to 5 minute walk from the cafe and back. I open the door to see my grandma making dinner, and I didn't see my grandpa anywhere. I shut the door and sat my phone on the counter next to my door.

“Oh, Hello Alice, do mind finishing dinner for me while I find your grandpa?” Probably in the basement cleaning or something” My grandma ask.

I nod “ Sure, no problem” I say heading to the kitchen.

“Thank you Alice.” She says making her way to the basement.

I get the sauce out and the rest and finish dinner about 5-10 minutes later.

I get the food on the plates and set the table.

“Grandma, foods ready!” I yell, making my way to the basement.

“Alice, we will be right there, Grandpa was just taking a nap.” Grandma says.

Coming back from the basement, grandpa following right from behind.

“Thanks, for setting the table for use.” grandma says.

I smile sitting at the table. “Grandpa, why were you sleeping in the basement?” I ask taking a bit out my food.

“I went down there to sleep because, your grandma over here kept on banging pots and pans!” He says shaking his head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter