fin

I just want you here tonight (holding onto me so tight)

 



originally posted by jngn-km

 

 

Baekhyun hasn’t had much expectation towards this year’s Christmas. With their latest promotion going strong and year-end shows cornering them, he has just simply wished for a peaceful, happy holiday. With the members or without them, amidst the chanting fans or in the silence of his room, it didn’t really matter to him.

 

So with all the respect to that, Baekhyun has the surprise of his life when going back to his new room after a broadcast he finds dimmed lights and a relaxed Kim Jongdae lounging on his bed.

 

“Jongdae?”

 

“Hi.”

 

Baekhyun closes the door after him slowly due to the shock. It’s not weird that Jongdae is in his room, the little loves to barge in and tickle him to death or barge in and pull on Baekhyun’s arm to drag him to practice but with the setting – there’s even a string of lights tight to the headboard of his bed that surely wasn’t there before – Jongdae’s presence feels different.

 

“Why don’t you come and sit next to me?”

 

Baekhyun moves in a daze. In the playful lights Jongdae’s eyes are shimmering and boring into Baekhyun’s, like he’s expecting something.

 

But what is he expecting?

 

“What is this?”

 

“Do you have any guesses?”

 

Baekhyun is sure he looks even more confused. Should he have?

 

“Um… is this a prank?”

 

Jongdae is a prankster but this much of a setup seems off even coming from him… but maybe because it’s Christmas? Christmas pranks are on a different scale?

 

Jongdae grimaces.

 

“You wound me.”

 

“Well, you’re the one playing mysterious. Seriously, Jongdae, what is this?” Baekhyun dares and reaches for the other’s hand on his bedsheet. “I’m so caught off guard.”

 

Jongdae sighs out loud – disappointed? – and scoots further on the bed to sit up a little and lean his back on the headboard.

 

“Alright, we’ll go the less romantic way… This is your Christmas present, Byun Airhead.”

 

“This?” Baekhyun carries his gaze around once more. “You mean the lights, this setting or –“

 

“I mean me. I’m your Christmas present. Everything else is for the atmosphere only.”

 

Jongdae looks almost sheepish when he says that, his eyes awkwardly set on the ceiling and Baekhyun breaks out in a blissful smile.

 

“Whoa, what a present. This year I must have been a good boy.”

 

“You were the worst of the worst. Santa probably put your name on the wrong list.” Jongdae answers back, the corner of his mouth quirking. “Last Christmas you gave me… well, you. And a few days ago you said you don’t have any memorable Christmas gift so… I’ve come to this. You don’t hate it too much, do you?”

 

Baekhyun has everything but dislike in his mind right now. He sees Jongdae all flushed and embarrassed on his bed, voice wavering and little hands grabbing the blanket, and he feels his heart swell. He hasn’t expected this but it’s not just the good kind of surprise which makes Baekhyun overjoyed.

 

He sits next to Jongdae and boldly reaches for his hand.

 

“Why would I hate it?”

 

“I don’t know. There are tons of things you’d be happy to get.

 

“Oh really?”

 

Baekhyun said that above with all the doubt he could muster but Jongdae hasn’t got it.

 

“Yes, really. I’ve heard from Kyungsoo you’re dying to have a great Christmas cake with raisins and everything. And when Chanyeol said as a joke to visit a Christmas market you were practically glowing with enthusiasm.”

 

There is no doubt in those but they’re still not what Baekhyun wants the most.

 

“Do I get to enjoy my present?”

 

Jongdae looks at him slightly taken aback.

 

“So you accept it?”

 

“You obviously have prepared a lot… okay, who am I kidding? I’m all onto this present.”

 

Jongdae laughs when Baekhyun cuddles him close and clings onto him.

 

“You truly resemble a kid right now.”

 

“I feel like one. I feel like a kid who has been promised to get a pair of socks for Christmas but has actually found a racing car collection under the tree.” Baekhyun grins into Jongdae’s neck. “So what now?”

 

Because Jongdae says nothing for a good five seconds, Baekhyun pulls away a bit to look at him mischievously.

 

“I assume I can do whatever I want?”

 

“Y-yes.” His answer comes out faltering but Jongdae’s voice sounds sure. “I mean, it’s your present. You can do whatever you want… with me.”

 

Baekhyun is highly aware of the ual undertone of that (and without being a damn dirty liar he’s openly delighted by it) and that’s exactly the reason why he opts to do something else (first).

 

“Okay. I want you to hug me.”

 

Jongdae hugs him tight. His embrace is warm and Baekhyun relishes in it until his shoulders become numb and he looses track of time.

 

“Is this long enough?”


“It is… for now.” Baekhyun noses the column of Jongdae’s neck then sits back to his place. He doesn’t let the other’s hand go though. “Let’s sing a song!”

 

Jongdae helps to plug in his laptop but confusion is written all over his features while Baekhyun is surfing on YouTube.

 

“What do you want to sing?”

“Anything will do?”

“Jongdae, just because you’ve literally objectified yourself, you’re still a person with a free will.” Baekhyun pouts. “Do you have any suggestion?”

 

Jongdae hums for a while deep in thought but then takes the laptop over and types.

 

The song is 0.3456 seconds in and Baekhyun is already grinning.

 

“You’ve watched the broadcast, haven’t you?”

 

“You wanted me to choose a song, be glad that I did.” Jongdae grumbles back. “Do we have to sing too?”

 

“Of course!”

 

Baekhyun is basically hyper every single time “All I Want for Christmas Is You” plays (more hyper than on everyday basis) but this time he successfully outdoes himself. He exaggerates the high notes and runs just a little too much, fails English unusually much and even dances silly at totally inappropriate parts. Jongdae tries to save the song with some pleasant notes and actual English words but when the “hear those magic reindeer click” part comes up and Baekhyun imitates a reindeer while making clicking sounds, they both loose it.

 

There are tears in his eyes as they lay on the bed in a big heap but Baekhyun is not concerned about them. These ones are happy tears, at their finest.

 

Jongdae shuffles around until he lies next to him vertically, far enough to regain their breathing.

 

“You’re such an idiot.”

 

His voice is fond and Baekhyun doesn’t hesitate a second to hover above him and kiss him on the cheek.

 

Jongdae bites his lip, his cheeks color.

 

“Why did I get that?”

 

Baekhyun presses a kiss to his other cheek before answering.

 

“I felt like doing it. Problem?”

 

“No… not at all.”

 

Jongdae’s tone is hinting at something Baekhyun doesn’t sure he likes but the moment is over.

 

Jongdae sits up abruptly.

 

“What else do you want?”

 

“Um… does this present expire at midnight or something?”

 

“No.” Jongdae smiles a little. Baekhyun feels like swooning. “No as in the expiration date of this present is in your hands. I’ve just prepared it for you. From here on it’s all up to you.”

 

Baekhyun gets up and collects his fallen laptop from the floor where he kicked in the middle of the dance break of his life. (It fortunately functions.)

 

“Okay.”

 

Jongdae is less delighted when he hears the next song, especially when Baekhyun introduces it as:

 

“I want to make out with you to this song.”

 

“This is… this is one of our songs.” Jongdae complains. He’s a bit late with complaining with Kyungsoo already singing the first verse and Baekhyun putting his hands on his face but he can’t help but try to get out of this situation somehow. “This is weird!”

 

Baekhyun pecks the inviting lips in front of him once.

 

“It’s not. This is The Make Out Song… Think of it as they serenade us or something.”

 

Jongdae grimaces.

 

“God, that makes it even worse!”

 

“Listen, your part comes. My favorite.”

 

Jongdae wants do everything but making out to the sound of his own damn voice but Baekhyun leaves no room for him to escape. Baekhyun doesn’t kiss him hard or hurried but he kisses Jongdae with enough feeling and might that the latter gives up struggling and succumbs.

 

It should be cheesy - “Christmas Day” is a tad bit cheesy after all – and maybe it is but Baekhyun literally can’t care less about that fact because Jongdae is there, kisses him back and it feels so good, his insides feel like melting.

 

By the chorus ends, Jongdae too is over his initial dislike and gives his all to make this sudden make out session last.

 

When the song ends, Baekhyun is out of breath, he leans his head on Jongdae’s shoulder.

 

“Three and a half minutes… We’ve just set up a new record.”

 

Jongdae chuckles and is about to retort with “New record my , you try a longer song and we end up in hospital” but Baekhyun is not finished.

 

Baekhyun is dumbfounded.

 

“You’re wearing a robe?”

 

Jongdae is, has been all the while, and it’s not just any robe. It’s fluffy and red and…

 

Baekhyun’s fingers inch towards the hem curiously.

 

“Please, tell me you’re wearing nothing underneath.”

 

Jongdae cackles and grabs Baekhyun’s hand to put it on his chest showing in the cut.

 

“Why don’t you see yourself?”

 

Baekhyun unwraps his 2015 Christmas present faster than he did with the toy train he had got in 1996.

 

Yes, he does remember some gifts from the previous years but to hell with them. None of them was Jongdae.

 


 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY~


originally posted by cheolyans

I feel super late but I was desperate to give some kind of a Christmas gift so I'm happy I could do that~ I hope you like this oneshot and have had a great holiday!

Lastly here goes another gift aka it's not really a gift I've just felt like doing something aka omg bea reveals her face for the 1st (and probably last) time aka excuse my little to no make up I'm at home.

 

I'm also trying to update FFABCCTY watch out for that!