Chapter 24: FLASHBACK to America.

High School Dumb.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author Note: THIS CHAPTER IS A FLASHBACK OF WHAT HAPPENED TO SUA AT AMERICA.

[!] Longest chapter I ever wrote ;)  As requested before to write long chapter.

 

"Appa, welcome back!" I ran across the huge living room just to greet my father who just came back from a business trip.

I hugged him tightly, I missed him so much. It was just a week that he was away and I couldn't believe how much I missed him.

He has always been doting me and buying lots of things that I want without any complaints.

"Sir, I'll leave to do my work first." One of the maid at my house excused herself and my father nodded.

"Hey, sweetie. Daddy got you something that you might like." He smiled to me.

"What is it, daddy?" I asked, feeling a little excited about it.

Was it a big gift?

He let go of me and went behind the door to pull out a woman. She looked so damn fine to me, her eyebrows were on fleek and her lipsticks make her look extremely hot? I guess I should put it that way.... Her curves were so well-defined and her killer heels were just oh my god. 

"Who is she?" I looked confused about having a stranger standing in front of me, called as a gift.

"I thought sometimes daddy might be away for work....I got you a new mom to take care of you. From today onwards, you're calling her mom."

I smiled and nodded my head. I didn't oppose the idea of having a new mom, I meant it was time for dad to have a new soul mate after being single for quite some time.

I was big enough to think and accept the fact that she was a stepmom, moreover, she have been really nice to me.

After a couple of weeks, I really do felt like I was connected with my stepmom. She was really nice to me and we were just like best friends. 

We would go shopping together, trying outfits here and there. Tea party almost every week and not forgot to mention, a fanciful dinner every weekend with dad.

Because of her new addition, I finally felt what was family. Back then I was too young to remember how does a family feel like.

Stepmom has always been supportive to me in numerous thing I wanted to do. Just like when I told my dad I was interested with some dance class, she persuades my dad to let me learn street jazz even though he insisted me to learn ballet.

Well, that elegant dance is not my type. I wouldn't want to do a split in the mid-air.

Anyway,  stepmom was the best. I could always depend on her until one day she came into my room and asked me a question that changed my whole life.

That one question that I wished she had never asked me.

"Sua." She called as she sat the edge of my bed.

I shut my story book before putting my cute little bookmark in between the pages I have stopped reading, "Yes?", I looked at her.

"Is it okay to have a new addition to our family?" She asked carefully, hoping a yes from me.

Of course, I would like to have a new addition! Therefore, I wouldn't be lonely when dad and stepmom were away for some politics dinner.

"Stepmom, are you pregnant?!" I would love to have a dongsaeng, so I could dote the little ones and give him/her everything they wanted.

"Silly Sua!" Stepmom chuckled, "I'm not pregnant." She revealed and I was kind of disappointed,  I wanted to have a dongsaeng though....

"Sorry....I was just too excited." I said with disappointment.

"Don't worry, Sua. I'm getting a oppa for you instead. " She smiled.

"Oppa?"

" Yes. You see, he didn't want to come here back last time so, I left him alone at Seoul. Well.... more like he wanted me to settle things here before bringing him. I told your dad about it and he was fine, are you okay with it?" She explained.

That was like me having Bobby as my oppa. Well, I really do miss Bobby and sometimes I just wish he could be here with me....

However, I wasn't that selfish to tell my stepmom that I didn't want a brother, right? Therefore, I nodded my head and smiled to her as a sign of green light for her to bring his son over.

Congratulations, Song Sua. You got yourself a new brother.

A week later, our family did a warm welcome to this particular man who was now known as my step brother.

He changed his family name and that makes him Song Mino.

He greeted my dad and thanked my dad and stepmom for welcoming him, but literally ignored my presence.

The moment he set his eyes at me, he would roll his eyes like I committed a crime which makes him hate me.

I remembered how stepmom started to care for him more than she cares for me. We stopped going shopping together and we never have tea party ever again after his appearance. 

Stepmom would always say she was busy, but the truth was she was using dad's money to spend it on her own son.

I meant, I totally understand if that was going on for a week but no! The same old thing repeated for 2 entire months and I was excluded from every of our family dinner slowly.

When I found out that they had dinner without informing me, I was disappointed and looked at the bright side that maybe she just wanted them to bond together a little more with his son.

I was wrong.

She lied to my dad in front of me. She told my dad I was attending some party and I wasn't able to make it for the family dinner.

Of course, dad was disappointed at me. He didn't expect me to be such party girls, but the truth was I stayed home without knowing they were having dinner.

I caused more disappointment to my dad each and every day without doing anything wrong. Soon, my dad gave up on me because he heard rumors from my step mom that I was selling drugs and I was suspended from school. 

Truth was, she just wanted to lock me up in my bedroom to forbid me from going out. For what reason, I don't even know. Maybe she just wanted my dad to see me as a bad child while seeing Mino as someone who was good-  A brighter child than me.

Months passed just in a blink of an eye and I couldn't deny how cold my dad was to me and how I was like an outcast to my family. My stepmom ignored me just like my own biological dad and I could always see a smirk face on my stepbrother's face, it's fking annoying but I couldn't do anything.

One day, after much consideration and those lies that my stepmom told my dad, I have decided to turn it to a real event.

I didn't even bother to tell my dad the truth because he was blind by my stepmom's lies, it's pointless. He wasn't going to believe me, he would just assume that I was jealous and accused stepmom.

I tried explained once and that was what I got.

I played truant by climbing over the wall at the back of my school, I wear thick makeups to school.

When I said thick makeups, it means really heavy eyeliner that makes my eyes smoky, false eyelashes which seemed longer than your nose hair, thick red lipsticks and on fleek eyebrows with the amazing arch.

I would often wear revealing clothes to school. Why? Just to get attention at school when I couldn't have at home.

I got a ton of friends, but those were friends who were not trustworthy and they would just walk in and out of your life anyway and anyhow they liked. 

I flirted many guys and played with them. 

No, I didn't do anything wrong.

I just go on a date with them and the next day we have no ties. I wouldn't go any further, I wasn't stupid to do something wrong.

I still have my woman's dignity in me. No matter what happened, I am still Song Sua. 

The real Song Sua is still in me.

I got a really bad reputation in school, I was called a because I stole someone else's boyfriend. Like literally, I tried making out with the guy in front of the girl at the school's cafeteria.

I was known as the Asian back then.

I even smoke weeds for a while and decided to stop because I knew it was bad and I didn't want to ruin my healt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter