[2/2]

The Runaway Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]
I told you that I don't want to lose you. [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

"Why are you doing this again, Shin Jiyul?" he asked me getting frustrated at how I keep on running away. "I don't want to get married and I don't want to be involved in this life anymore!" I shouted before crossing my arms. He dart his eyes towards the three guys that bring me here then towards the other members. His head tilt in confusion when he saw the members face. "And why are your faces all like that?" he questioned. All of them stay quiet before Shownu speak on behalf of them, "All of us saw how Jiyul cried for that guy. We just felt.. guilty.". Wonho almost gag at the world guilty, "Since when are you guys this weak? This is Jiyul we are talking about. My sister.". "That's what makes.. she is our sister too." Minhyuk voiced out.

Wonho rub his face in frustration, "Now you guys can't even resist girls tears. What if our next client is a girl? Would you let her go if she cry?". "That is a different case. She is a client and Jiyul is your sister. And almost like ours." Shownu defended the boys.

"Even if there are next client, they was never ours in the first place. All of the so-called clients that we kill are dealing with iKons. They send us a client to kill them. They make us all do the dirty work." I voiced out while my arms crossed. "They are ours, Jiyul." Wonho semi-glared at me but I fight back, "Oh really? I don't remember seeing people came out to borrow us money.". My brother mouth clenched shut as I continue, "We are under iKon. Ever since our parents died under their hands. Marriage? They say it was for our allies to become stronger but the truth is they don't want Bobby to be sad, because Bobby loves me. He wants me.". "We can stop being under control, oppa. Let's just get out of here." I plead.

He gave me a cold look before harshly take away my worker card. "Hey!" I shouted but both Kihyun and Minhyuk held me. "You were never like this. Ever since you met that guy you are becoming more violent." he sighed, "I'm taking this.". "What?! No!" I shouted.

He was about to walk when I finally freed myself, "Are you seriously going to do this?!". My tears are coming back, I just can't hold it anymore. The frustration, anger and sadness; it's getting harder for me to bear.

"Don't you even remember what your dreams actually are?" he stopped on his track, but he won't turn around.

"You said that you want to open up a cafe with Shownu. The both of you will be the best chef ever. Then the other MonX members will be there too helping you. Don't you even remember that?!" I then turned to Minhyuk and Hyungwon, "Minhyuk oppa. You said that you want to be a barista right? Same goes to Hyungwon oppa too. Don't you want to fulfill it?". I smiled towards Jooheon and Kihyun, "While Jooheon oppa, you said that you will make the girls sworn over you with your aegyo and stuff once you become a waiter. Same goes to Kihyun. Oppa, I know you always wanted to perform."

"Shin Wonho, are you sure this is your dream? Don't you remember you promised all these guys to open up a cafe together? And how you guys will be so rich with all the incomes? You even promised me that I will be the first customer." by now, my tears were already streaming down my cheeks.

I finally hold onto my brother's arm, "Please, just follow me. Changkyun has a cafe. You guys can work there to gain experience first. Please.". "I wonder what that guy did to you." he said sighing, "You are being caught up in our childhood dreams again.". "Wh-what. Oppa–"

"Wake up, Jiyul. We are continuing what our parents left." he glared at me. "I'm taking this card since I am pretty sure that kid poison you with all this bull." he harshly said. "I like him, okay?!" I was about to take the card away from him but Minhyuk was fast enough to hold me. "You !" I screamed. The other MonX members starts to leave one by one, following my brother. Before my brother lost from my sight, I quickly yelled; "I guess you don't even remember that iKon kill our parents because they tried to escape this life!"

-
Few days passes by and I stay locked up in my room. I don't eat since that stupid day and whenever the MonX members come I would just ask them to go away.

Someone knocks on my door and said, "Jiyul-ah, I bring your food.". I recognize that was Minhyuk and like always, I said; "Go away.". I heard him sighed before another voice spoke out, "It had been 4 days, Jiyul. You don't even have any water. You gonna die if you keep on with this.". That is Hyungwon. I groaned before shot back, "I have my saliva.". I heard Hyungwon sighed before he knock on the door again, "That won't help you. That will never be enough.". "At least I die without no regrets!" I shouted for the last time, going to sleep again.

-
Day check - 7 days.

The members already gave up with my persistency. They finally called my 'caring' brother to make me open the door.

"Jiyul, you need to eat. You'll die, okay?" he said and I almost laughed at how worried he sound, "I thought that I told Hyungwon that I'll die with no regrets.". He start to sighed like the other members did, "Come on. Open this door.". "Go away!" I groaned. "I'll kick this door open if you keep on doing this." he threatened and I challenged him, "Try it then."

"Oh my god, I can't believe I'm doing this." I heard he murmured. The door flew open and I sarcastically said, "Welcome!". "You need to eat." he said again but I cover myself in the blanket. "Gosh, Jiyul come on! I can't afford losing you too, okay?" I finally laughed out loud, "Then you should have accept my offer to get away from this place forever."

"We can't okay? iKon will search for us. Bobby will search for you." he stated, pulling me up. He led me outside the room before handing back my card. I gave him a look before he sighed yet again, "I think you need this. If you don't want to live because of me then live because of him.". I scoffed at my brother act and took the card before broke it into pieces. "I don't need this anymore." I then threw it away, "That's what you want, right?"

I passed by him, bumping his side for a bit before I went down. To finally, have my first meal.


Day check - 2 months 14 days.

"Since when our genius princess can bake?" Kihyun chuckled, leaning over the small counter next to me. "If you want to eat it then you better shut your mouth, okay?" I warned him and he laughed, "Fine, princess. I won't get in your way.". I nod a thank you before he flew away.

"Nyum~" I snapped Hyungwon's hand almost immediately when he dip his finger to taste the cookies. He pouted cutely, "Thats hurt!". I rolled my eyes at him, "Did you wash your hand or not?". He then grinned, "Hehe~"

"Yah, Chae Hyungwon!" he ran away before I could hit him. "Aish, that oppa." I grunted. I start to whisk the ingredients again until it became the consistency that Changkyun showed me once. I smiled proudly as I start to work on the cookies.

"Wow, look at you. Even baking for your oppas now." I gave a 'really?' face to him making he laughed. "Where do you get the recipe? Internet?" he chuckled and I shrugged, "Changkyun teach me.". He stop laughing then, but a smile was still on his lips. "I got a bad news for you." he said and I chuckled, "I'm pretty sure the bad news is not as bad as getting to married someone who I don't love.". "What is it?" I questioned before I heard my brother heaved a long sigh.

"iKon are really furious especially Bobby when they knew that you are always hanging out with that kid." he started. "So?" I starting to get worried at the mention of him. "So today.." Wonho suddenly hug me from the side, "..they took him."

My heartbeat stop for a second. I never wanted it to be this way. Now I get Changkyun to involved with this crappy . Great, Jiyul. Just great.

"I'm sorry." I was taken aback when my brother apologizes. "What for?" I asked, smiling like it is not a big deal. "I don't know.. I just felt like I need to say sorry." he look at me with his pure caring and loving eyes. "It was never your fault." I said making he crack a small smile, "It wasn't yours either.". "Go. Once the cookies are done I'll give it to you." I dismissed him.

I sighed after I put the cookies in the oven to bake. My mind went back when I have a flour fight with Changkyun. "What have you done, Jiyul?" I asked myself, holding back my tears that are threatening to fall.


"Really?" all of us said in unison, looking at my brother. "Yup, they let go of him. Which is pretty weird." he said again making I sighed a relief, Changkyun are okay. "That is so not iKon like." Minhyuk frowned in confusion before decides to shrug it off.

"Then why does iKon want to meet you, oppa?" I questioned and he shrug, "I don't really know.". "When are you going there, hyung?" Jooheon asked. "Two days from now on." he answered before standing up. "I need to go to the town for a while. You guys watch the house, okay?" my brother said and I look at him in confusion, "What for?"

"I craved for some chocolates, chips and popcorns. Movie night anyone?" he smiled and all of the MonX members cheered out loud. "Do you still have the cookies left over, Jiyul? Can I have some? I want to eat it while I'm going there." I quickly nod my head before standing up to the kitchen. I packed three chocolate chip cookies that I made yesterday in a small ziplock bag and gave it to him.

"You're gonna walk there?" I gave a weird look and he chuckled, "It's not wrong to walk sometimes right? It makes us healthy too.". I gave him a smiled before bid him goodbye. For some reason, he looks like he is on a mission.


He went to buy some chocolates, snacks and popcorns just like he said. The sun was setting down when he arrived in front of the cafe. He saw the guy he wanted to meet cleaning up the cafe by himself.

He picked up all of his pride just to enter the cafe, just for his sister. "We are sorry but we are–" he blinked at the latter who showed up in his cafe, "..closed.". Wonho look at him before smiled, "I am Jiyul's brother. Shin Wonho."

"Of course. I remember you." he said before asked him to take a seat, "Do you maybe want to eat something? Or drink? I can make it for you if you want.". "Then can I get latte?" Changkyun nod almost immediately, smiling, "Of course."

Wonho sensed that Changkyun was alerted to be good. Somehow he felt like Changkyun was trying to leave an impression, a good one. He got to admit, this guy was already on his good side. Wonho realizes so many things after two months with his sister.

"Here is your latte." Changkyun put it in front of him with both of his hands. Wonho asked him to sit down and he quickly obeyed. "Is there anything that you want to talk about?" Changkyun asked but Wonho just smile at the latter. "I do want to know a few things about you." Wonho said after a few moments and the latter nod, "Anything."

"I heard a lot about you from Jiyul. You seems to be a good guy in her eyes." he started. "Jiyul are also kind. All the regular customers like her too." Changkyun smiled as he talk. "What do you feel when Jiyul said that she don't want to live this life?" Changkyun was taken aback for a while but he answered the question anyway, "I felt.. happy? It is like her dreams. I adore her hardwork trying to learn how to brew coffee, make a latte art and even bake cookies. Just for the cafe.". The memories flashed in his mind making he smiled, "And when she smiles, she looks like the happiest girl on earth. Her smile are just precious."

Wonho smiled at his answer before asking him another question, "The first time I met you. I warned you not to help her anymore. But the second time, she was with you again. Can I know why are you helping her?". Changkyun hesitated to answer the question. He fiddled with his fingers before dart his eyes back towards the guy in front of him, giving a sincere answer; "I'm attracted to her."

"The feeling of 'I need to protect her' always kicked inside of me. I want to take her away and just leave. Just being with her, I think it is enough; enough for me to be happy."

Wonho was stunned at his answer. He felt guilty and also bad for taking away this guy from his own sister. He stared into space as he think about all the dreadful things he had done. Even though his sister said it is fine living with them now, he do realize that they are under iKon. Just like his sister said. He groaned at himself, "Why are you so stupid.."

"Eh?" Changkyun eyes widen and Wonho quickly wave his hand, signaling a no, "No. Not you. Just-" he sighed then. "Do you have any problems, hyung?" Changkyun asked, concerned. "Why is him so kind?" Wonho thought. "I guess things just change." Wonho said and Changkyun showed his angel smile, "I think so." "It's almost 3 month since Jiyul left and I noticed how the male customers are decreasing each day." he chuckled making Wonho chuckle too.

"Anyway, here." Wonho hand him the cookies, "Jiyul made this. She said that you teach her how to bake this.". Changkyun was bewildered at Wonho's action. He took it before smile with gratitude, "Thank you.". He then took a bite at the cookie and gave a remark, "She sure done it well. It taste the same."

Wonho then stood up, "I guess I better get going.". "Th-thank you!" Changkyun said quickly, "..hyung.". Wonho just nod his head but Changkyun ask him one question before he step out, "But why?"

Wonho look at the latter, "I thought that you want to try it. Because it is the first time Jiyul made the cookies without anyone help.". He was about to walk again when Changkyun ask him; "Jiyul.. is she doing fine?"

It was a long silence before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter