[1/2]

The Runaway Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]
Keep on running until you find him. [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

I ran as fast as I can, not caring how tired I was. I gasped for air before enter an alley. I saw a guy who looks like he was going home and I quickly grasped on his arm. "Please, help me!" he look bewildered and just blinked his dazed eyes. "Please, take me with you! Please, help me!" I literally bawled at him. He look so confused and I pray that he will just take me and hide me away. But, he was too dumb to help me as I heard the boys called out; "There she is!"

"No, please!" Minhyuk took me and put me on his shoulder forcefully. "No!" I writhed, my hands were hitting his back as hard as I can. But to no avail, his body felt nothing to my 'girlish' hits; what my brother would call.

"Hey, put her down!" I heard the guy said. Jooheon went closer to him and ruffled his hair, "Hey, just keep your mouth shut, okay?". Minhyuk put me on the car and slam the door shut. "Yah, Lee Jooheon!" Hyungwon called and the latter shout a 'wait'.

"Let her go!" the guy said and Jooheon finally punched him on the face. "Don't mind into other people business, kid." he said one last time and get into the car.

"That guy is a one stubborn kid." Jooheon said as he relax on his seat. "You punch him?" Hyungwon laughed and he nod, "Strong enough that he can't stand up for a while.". "You are one tough girl, Jiyul." Kihyun commented and I spitted at him. "Urgh." he wiped his face. "Shut up, Yoo Kihyun." words came out from my clenched teeth. "I'm still your oppa, Jiyul. We all are." Kihyun semi-glared at me and I smirked, "Do I look like I even care?"

"Jiyul, why are you doing this?" my brother asked me. I sighed, looking out the window, "I don't want to get involved with this things anymore. I told you that I hate watching people die, especially in front of my eyes, or even in my own hands. It felt like.. I am the death angel or something.". I stared at the palm of my hands before turn my head to look at my brother; "Can we just stop?"

"Jiyul, you know we can't. We are continuing where our mom and dad left. And you know that you only kill people who doesn't settle their debts and mess with us." he sighed. "Can you please stop running? I'm getting tired to search for you." he said again and I blew a raspberry, "You know I won't stop either.". "You are acting like a kid, Jiyul. Ever since we told you about your marriage thing with Bobby, you just.. run." I rolled my eyes at the mention of that boy's name.

"Oppa, we are not even the rich families who sell their children to some arranged marriage thing. This is the 21st century, oppa." I stated, "And we are a freaking gang to add in.". "This is for our relationship with iKon. You know that better than anyone else. They want you." he said making I crossed my arms, "And for sure I don't like them.". "Jiyul, for the sake of our relationships." he glared at me.

"And for sake of our parents? No. Do I need to remind you that iKon parents are the one who kill ours?!" I almost yelled and the car halt to a stop, indicating we had arrived. "That is why we need to make an allies with them! So I won't lose you like mom and dad!" he shouted. I glared at my brother, with my teeth gritted I finally said; "I hate you, Shin Wonho."

-
I was reading a novel that my brother steal for me. 'Fangirl', huh? Good taste for a gangster like him. My legs on the table like a boss I am, waiting just for another chapter to start when Kihyun and Hyungwon came in with another late —like really late, client to settle his debt. 

"I promised to give the money next month! Just give me some time!" he plead as I flipped the next page, still reading.

"You said that a month ago, and two months ago, and another three months ago. Your interests are increasing, you know?" my eyes still fixed on the book, reading the plot of the story. I glanced up at him before returning back to my book, "You know that another 32% pressure on your ribcage by.."

I look up at the two boys, examining their fist. "-Minhyuk, you can die right?" I continued, giving a hint for the latter. "And 23% of pressure at the back of your neck by Hyungwon can make you die in 3, 2, 1." Hyungwon finally give a hard jab at the back of his neck and the guy dies right in front of my eyes. I shrugged my shoulders before command the so-called oppas, "Get rid of him."

Once they are out of the room, my brother came in. He was smiling like a proud father, knowing that I am still doing what I am supposed to be doing. "Stop smiling like a creep, you are scaring me off." I shake my head lightly. He came closer towards me and took my book away, "You know that you are smart, right?". "I know. You told me that a thousand times already." I rolled my eyes, "My book?". "You are gifted with an intelligence of Math and Science. Just like mom." he said again and I nod my head several times, "Yeah yeah, you told me that. Now give it to me."

He came closer and look at me straight in the eyes, "You need to make another potion of that sleepy thingy. We need more for our next case.". "Fine, I'll do it. Now my book, please?" I showed both of my hands but he just smile that stupid smile of his, "Your fiancé's here. Downstairs.". "Urgh, tell him I don't want to meet him." I abruptly stand up and went to my room. Wonho lean his head on the doorframe, smiling again. "Close the door. I don't want him to see me here." I pull up the blanket over my head.

I was about to go to sleep when that stupid son of a btch came, yelling in my ear; "SHIN JIYUL, I MISSED YOU!"

I slapped him across the face as soon as I sit up, "I really hate you.". "Aww, I love you too." he cheekily smiled and I literally threw up in my mind. I gave an unamused look at him before pushing him towards the door, "Out, Bobby. Don't need you here.". "Brother-in-law, help me!" he whined. I swear I gonna use all my science intelligence just to knock him out right now. "Wonho hyung!"

Gosh, this mosquito like guy and all his whines. I finally kick his back and his face land flat on the floor, earning me his groan, "Ouw..". I just watch him as he sit up and rub his face. My brother watching me with his stupid smile again. His eyes telling me to say sorry to my 'fiancé' but hell no. That ain't happening even in a million years from now. I just glared at the latter with his now, bleeding nose. I gave a faint smile towards my brother, wishing him a goodnight with my two eyes before I went inside my room and slam the door shut. 

"You are so weak." and that was my brother's comment towards Bobby just right before I went to dreamland. Well, deserves him right. 

-
A few days passes by and I was carrying my plan which is escaping this damn gangster life. It was 4 in the morning and I know that most of my oppas– I mean, Monsta X are already asleep. I use the privilege of my window and the wall bricks in this house that make it easy for me to went down by climbing down. Just like a rock climbing; simple.

Once my feet touch the ground, I jump across the wall that secured my –I mean, our house. Again, simple. Don't ask me how, it's not my fault my parents do this all the time. I walked a bit until the house was not in my sight anymore before I finally sprint away like my life depends on it.

I reached the alley that I once saw the guy that I asked for his help. His confused face was priceless. It should be on my 'Favorite expressions by the clients', except for the fact he is not my brother's client. Maybe he is well off. As I was about to walk again, I spot the same guy I met last time. 

With that black fluffy, shiny hair; 100% that is him. I was planning to ignore him and just pass by him. But, he saw me and nearly gasped. "You-!"

My lips curved a small smile, "Yeah..?". "You are the girl who got kidnapped, right?!" he said with his widen eyes. He came close to me and touch my cheek, examining both my face and body, "You are okay, right? They didn't hurt you right? Maybe hit you?". Actually, I am the one who hit them. My mind flew back with my practices with the Monsta X members and how I would make Bobby my punching bag or even my WWE technic tester whenever he came.

"You are perfectly fine, right?"

I cut my crap out and blinked, "Yes.". "Are you actually running away? If you want, my house has an empty room. You can stay with me until you are completely safe." I quickly nod my head at his offer. He smiled before leading the way. 

As we walk on the sidewalk, I heard him humming to some G-Dragon's song. Rapper, huh? I remember how that so-called fiancé of mine would always rap to GD's songs. I glanced at the guy beside me before examining his features. Got to say, this is way better than my 'fiancé's' face. But, I think my brother is a bit more handsome than he is.

"You are 100% okay, right? If you want, we can go to the pharmacy." my face scrunched in confusion. A pharmacy? Really? In 4.30 a.m? Is he even serious? "Don't make that face." he laughed a bit, "We have a 24 hours pharmacy here.". Okay, didn't see that comin'. I really should explore the city more. Now I know there is a pharmacy open 24/7 a day. Great, I can use that if one of the MonX members get sick or hurt from all the bloody fight.

"What is your name?" he questioned. I don't know if I want to say my real name or made up one right now because.. who knows? I hesitated for a while before going with my truthful side, "Shin Jiyul.". "My name is Changkyun; Im Changkyun." he smiled.

We halt to a stop when we arrive at a white building with big glass window at the front, a beautifully carved wood door at the middle alongside the small bell just right above it, three table with chairs outside, and not to mention the green bushes-like-fence around it. Whoever look at it know it is a cafe. "What are we doing here?" I asked, knowing that this cafe is closed. Well, who open a freaking garden-like cafe in the dawn?

"This is my house." he said before leading the way, passing the table and chairs. He took his key out and open the door, the bell jingles at the action. "Welcome in." I step inside the cafe -house- and look around. For sure he is well off. "You are rich aren't you?" I asked without any hesitation. "What? No. This is just my family's cafe." he answered. Once he open the gate to the second floor, I question him again, "Then where are your parents?"

I turn to look at him when he doesn't answer the question. He gave a faint smile at me, "Dead. Got killed by some.. gangsters.". My eyes widen merely two seconds and I went towards him, "I am so so sorry. I didn't meant to–"

"It's okay. It's not a big thing anymore. Past is past." he shrugged. "Come on, I'll show you your room." he lead the way to my room and open the lights on. The room is not really small and not really big either. Blue sheets and blanket for the bed and just a simple desk right at the corner. "I supposed this is your room?" I said and he chuckled, "Was, my room. I sleep in my parents bedroom now. I hope you are fine with it."

"Totally." I grinned before made my way to the bed. I plop down and sighed at the soft feeling behind my back. Completely different than one at my home that is rock hard and a small room. He came towards me and put the blanket over my body, "Sleep for now. I'm sure you are tired."

And once he said that, my eyes were completely closed.

-
I woke up in the afternoon. It almost 2pm by now. I went out and finally examined the house. Once we reach the last step of stairs, we will see the medium size tv with the three seats sofa on the left, two rooms that are just next to each other straight from the stairs direction and the dining table on the right along with the kitchen across it (or should I say next to the stairs?) but it has a small wall as a barricade. This house is yet simple and modern. Just like the cafe.

I saw a small note at the dining table that is written; 'Eat this. I'll be downstairs.'. I smiled once I saw the pancakes. Yummy!

Once I am done with my breakfast, I quickly wash the plate and went for a shower. I feel so fresh after the shower. Yup, this is so my dream house. I wonder if I can live like this if both me and my brother leave the gang life. What a dream come true. 

Realization hit me once I step in my room. I don't have any spare clothes. Great for the so-called runner. I groaned at my stupidness before taking my yesterday black skinny jeans, wearing it again. I went to Changkyun's room and took out one of his long-sleeve sweatshirt –I hope he doesn't get mad. My eyes caught a small box on his bed. I took the box and read the memo on it; 'I think you don't have any undergarments and clothes. Wear this for a while and you can wear my clothes if you want^^'

I blushed real hard at his message. Gosh, how can a guy simply buy a woman undergarments? No, maybe he is also contemplating to buy it or not. Right. But my size.. I blushed again. "No no no no. He is not a ert, Jiyul. He helps you, okay? Oh my god, what are you thinking." I literally cursed myself for thinking that way. I went to my room an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter