Epilogue: Thankful

Finding The Light During Christmas Time

SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG!! ;m; The story started before I was back in school, so this and the last chapter took a bit longer to get up, but I really wanted to make this really sweet and fluffy as much as I possibly could to be the best conclusion to out Beef Bros' tale~ So to not prolong any longer, please enjoy and thanks for anticipating~ :3

~~~

The time eventually rolled around to everyone, having been partied out, to get back on home and prepare themselves for the soon to be holidays.

“Another good party as always.” Junmyeon said, standing by the front door.

“Bet you won’t tell me you can’t beatbox to a carol, now.” Sehun said walking past him. Junmyeon sighed before heading after him out the door.

“See you guys after the break!” Jongdae yelled, hoping out with Kyungsoo and Jongin, who waved.

“Merry Christmas! I’ll be calling you later.” Chanyeol said, holding his hand to his ear.

“I’ll call you, too!” Baekhyun waved. “Enjoy your Kris! I mean your Christmas!”

Chanyeol blushed and flusteredly turned to leave, but accidentally ran into the dragon himself, who looked at him amusedly and put an arm around him.

“See you guys.” Kris gave a cool wave and left with Chanyeol, to the amusement of everyone left inside.

“Go on, Yixing, we have to get over to your house, now.”  Minseok said.

“I appreciate you guys coming over to help me decorate.” Yixing said. “We should really make it a tradition!”

“…It…just about is, now…” Minseok said, causing Yixing to grin sheepishly.

Luhan pulled Baekhyun to the side while everyone was saying their goodbyes. “Sorry for being so selfish earlier.” He said giving a slight bow.  “You know…with the…”

“It’s fine. Don’t worry about it.” Baekhyun said, before remembering the sudden reemergence of the festive plant when he made up with Tao. “But about that…the mistletoe…did you…”

Luhan only winked at him and turned around to join Minseok, hand-in-hand, as they followed everyone else out the door.

As they said goodbye to all of the guests, Tao and Baekhyun stood by themselves in Baekhyun’s empty house. As Tao was closing the door, Baekhyun stopped him.

“Hyung?” Tao looked back at him. Did he want him to leave with everyone else? The only reason he really stayed was because he felt he shouldn’t leave Baekhyun to clean up his whole house by himself. He was feeling slightly embarrassed now at the thought that his hyung might have wanted him gone.

“I’ve been thinking.” Baekhyun said, playing with his fingers. “You know how you said you’d come back…"

“Yeah…” Tao nodded, slowly. He hoped he hadn’t changed his mind.

“Well…why don’t you just stay…until then…” Baekhyun said, now drawing circles on the floor with his foot. Tao looked at him with widening eyes.

“You…want me to stay here with you until Christmas?” Tao asked. Baekhyun looked up at him before nodding. Tao was about to continue, but was cut off by Baekhyun wrapping his arms around him in a hug.

“I don’t want you to be alone…” he said.

“But is that really okay?” Tao asked. “I don’t want to be a burden on you.”

“Stay…” Baekhyun said, hugging him tighter.

“I…I don’t have anything…” Tao said. “Like…clothes or-”

“Just go to your house and get some clothes and stuff, and then come back!” Baekhyun said.

“Are you sure, Beef?” Tao asked, still sounding unsure. This was happening way too suddenly.

“Stay.” Baekhyun repeated.

“Ok then…I’ll be right back.” Tao pulled free from Baekhyun’s embrace and stepped out the door. He looked back at him one more time before stepping out onto the sidewalk.

Tao couldn’t believe what he’d just agreed to in about a span of two minutes. A second ago he was wondering what kind of take-out he’d be ordering for dinner later, and now he was running down the sidewalk, the cold air hitting his face, as he went to fetch whatever he thought he needed to stay at Baekhyun’s house for a few days.

~~~

Tao couldn’t have spent more than eight minutes in his house, shoving a handful of clothes, his toothbrush and toothpaste, and a blanket into a backpack and rushing out the door again with a pillow under his arm. He didn’t know why he was so frantic. Was it nervousness? Excitement? Either way, Baekhyun told him to hurry back, so he told himself he had at least some excuse as to why he was out of breath when he found himself back in Baekhyun’s living room.

“I tried to clean up a little.” Baekhyun said, throwing some trash away.

“I’ll help.” Tao said, still breathing a bit hard.

“We can put your stuff down first.” Baekhyun said, chuckling a bit. Tao could only nod as he followed Baekhyun up the stairs. He hadn’t been upstairs yet, and it looked much cozier, up there with really soft blue carpet. There were a few rooms on the second floor; one large room he guessed was for his parents, a bathroom, and the room he was currently leading him into.

“This is my room.” Baekhyun said. Tao looked around and didn’t quite know what to think, seeing as he didn’t really have anything he had expected when picturing what Baekhyun’s room would look like. An SNSD poster was on his wall. He saw several manga on a couple of bookshelves. Some music sheets were strewn about on a computer table.

One thing he didn’t expect was the abundance of scented candles, though. There were so many of them in there on seemingly every solid surface in the room; he had no idea Baekhyun liked them so much. He almost wished he did know so he could have gotten him a better present. He stood by his bed.

“You can sleep here. I’ll sleep on the couch.” Baekhyun explained.

“What? No! Is that the only other place in the house?” Tao objected.

“Well, there’s my parents’ room, but…I don’t know what they’ve done in there…” Baekhyun gave a grossed-out look. Tao was slightly amused…and disturbed, but that still wasn’t good enough for him.

“If that’s the only place you can stay, I’ll sleep on the couch. You sleep in here.” Tao said, reaching for his bag.

“NO! Sleep here!” Baekhyun said, grabbing the other strap. “You have to listen to your hyung!”

“I won’t make you sleep on a couch in your own house.” Tao argued.

“Why are you like this?” Baekhyun pouted. Tao sighed. Back to being the difficult hyung.

“I appreciate the offer, hyung, but I won’t take your bed and make you sleep on the couch.” Tao said. “It doesn’t bother me to sleep there, honestly.” The two were quiet for a minute, Baekhyun childishly glaring at Tao.

“I’m sleeping on the couch.” Baekhyun mumbled quietly, still puffing his cheeks out. Tao sighed. There was no getting out of this, it seemed.

“If you’re sleeping on the couch, then so will I!” Tao said, grabbing the bag from Baekhyun.

“What for?” Baekhyun argued.

“I’m settling it. If you’re going to sleep there no matter what, I might as well keep you company.” Tao said, throwing the bag over his shoulder.

“Hmph…” Baekhyun crossed his arms. “Fine.”

After unpacking Tao’s bag, they spent the rest of the evening cleaning up the house, and getting it pretty much back to what Baekhyun said was normal, before having a bit of dinner and showering before turning in for the evening.

~~~

Tao was still relatively nervous. He hadn’t spent the night over at someone else’s house since he was a little kid. Not to mention, this was more than just staying the night; he was going to be living with Baekhyun for a few days.

Even more so, he was staring to think he didn’t really think the idea of sleeping on the couch all the way through. Was it going to be awkward sleeping…together like that? Baekhyun was pulling the extension from under the couch and, though there was more space than he’d thought, it still didn’t look like they were going to have much space to themselves. After Baekhyun brought over the blankets, he stared at Tao.

“What are you waiting for?” he asked.

“Just…how are we going to do this?” Tao asked, a bit flustered, gripping his pillow.

“You could have just slept in my bed.” Baekhyun said, grumpily. Tao glared at him.

“You get on first.” Baekhyun pointed at the back of the couch. Tao got up and awkwardly walked past Baekhyun before laying himself down. Baekhyun grabbed a bunch of blankets and covered the two up before laying down himself right next to Tao. He rolled over to face him.

“What?” Baekhyun asked.

“Being this close…doesn’t bother you, does it?” Tao asked.

“Does it bother you?” Baekhyun asked.

“No…” Tao said, squirming a bit. He felt a bit silly asking in the first place, obviously knowing how touchy they were with each other usually. It was just the fact that they were in bed that made him feel a bit shy.

“Are you comfortable?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” He assured.

“Okay. Let me know if you get cold or anything.” Baekhyun said, pulling some more blankets over them. “It gets chilly in here at night and it never seems like I have enough blankets.”

“I know the feeling.” Tao nodded. “My house gets cold at night, too, and it seems like no matter how much you bundle up by yourself, you never get warmer.”

“Well, it’s a good thing there’s two of us, then.” Baekhyun grinned, reaching over to touch Tao lightly on the arm. Tao smirked, feeling much less timid then before.

“Come closer then.” He said, patting the small space between them. Baekhyun slid over slightly as Tao put his arms around Baekhyun to pull them closer together.

“Are you warm now?” Tao asked.

“Yes,” Baekhyun snuggled his head closer into Tao’s chest. “This is perfect.” Tao giggled a bit to himself, unbelieving how he was the one shy a few moments ago.

“You smell nice.” Baekhyun mumbled. Tao laughed again and brought his lips to Baekhyun’s ear.

“Go to sleep.”

~~~

Tao rolled over on the sofa and found himself strangely comfortable due to a large about of space. He hummed before realizing that there was a massive amount of space and he felt much warmer under a lot more blankets than he was under a few hours ago. He forced himself up and it took him a moment to register that he was in Baekhyun’s house, but a second to then register that Baekhyun was gone.

“Hyung?” He said, rubbing his eyes. As his eyes were adjusting, he looked quickly around the room to no avail. He sat for a few moments before hearing some noises coming from the kitchen. He forced himself up, wrapping a blanket over his shoulders, and slowly eased his way to the doorway.

“Beef hyung?” Tao said, groggily, rubbing his eyes.

“Baby Beef! Morning!” Baekhyun grinned. Tao saw Baekhyun was already up cooking, and seemingly way too lively considering it was quite early in the morning. Tao heard the sizzling coming from the stove and the smell of meat cooking filling the room.

“You’re making breakfast…you should have woken me up…” Tao said, yawning.

“Wouldn’t be a surprise that way.” Baekhyun puffed his cheeks out. Tao wondered if pouting literally appeared on Baekhyun’s daily agenda. Or an hourly one.

“Why should it be a surprise?” Tao asked, going to stand next to him.

“You’re a guest. So I’m making you breakfast, duh.” Baekhyun explained, sassily.

“I would have helped, you know?” Tao pointed out.

“Just go wash up already.” Baekhyun said. “Food’ll be ready when you’re out.”

It took Tao all of five minutes to wash his face and brush his teeth and get fairly woken up for the morning before returning back to the kitchen. He saw Baekhyun had had a second to put one plate on the table and two cups while finishing up at the stove. Tao inwardly felt a bit special seeing that he got up so early to wake him feel welcome on his first day so much that he wouldn’t even let him lift a finger.

“I’m back.”

“Yay!”

“Need any help?”

“Sit down!”

“Ugh…” Tao threw him a look of annoyance, scrunching up his face and taking a seat at the table. He’d have felt much more useful if he could actually contribute to something.

Baekhyun brought over a plate of eggs and bacon and sat it in front of him, before grabbing some orange juice from the refrigerator and filling up the two glasses.

“Breakfast is served!” Baekhyun said gleefully as he sat down next to Tao, who looked down at the meal in front of him.

“So American.” Tao said.

“I thought about making you a traditional Korean meal, y’know?” Baekhyun said, matter-of-factly.

“What happened?” Tao asked, curiously.

“Out of food.” Baekhyun stated.

“We’ll have to go shopping later.” Tao laughed. “But this is fine. Thank you, but....”

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked.

“Err…well, there’s only one plate…” Tao said as Baekhyun picked up a forkful of eggs and waited expectantly for Tao to take it.

“I’m gonna feed you!” Baekhyun grinned as Tao took the spoon in this mouth.

“Won’t you eat?” Tao asked, chewing. Baekhyun stared wide-eyed at him.

“What a pig! You were going to eat all of this?” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“It’s not even that much!” Tao said.

“It’s an entire plate of bacon and eggs!” Baekhyun said, handing him another spoonful.

Tao grinned as he was chewing and picked up a piece of bacon and held it to Baekhyun lips, who took and chewed it hungrily.

“How can you eat so much and not gain any weight?” Baekhyun asked.

“I told you I do wushu.” Tao stuck his lips out.

“Still…” Baekhyun gave him a judging look.

“I look good, don’t I?” Tao asked, cupping his face with a cat-like grin. Baekhyun couldn’t help grinning himself.

“Kitty~” Baekhyun grabbed Tao’s cheek. “How come you look so much like a cat?”

“How come you look so much like a puppy?” Tao ruffled Baekhyun’s hair, which he tried to fix to no avail when Tao removed his hand.

“Hmm, no wonder we don’t get along.” Baekhyun laughed, with Tao joining in.

“So what are we gonna do after this, hyung?” Tao asked.

“I’ve thought of a whole bunch of fun things for us to do all week!” Baekhyun exclaimed. “So hurry up and eat!” he shoved a handful of bacon in his mouth.

“You’re the one not eating!” Tao said taking the spoon to feed his hyung some eggs. The two spent the rest of breakfast passive aggressively feeding each other until they were done, before moving on to arguing about the one dish that needed to be washed, starting off as expected for their days of holiday vacation ahead.

~~~

“I like watching Christmas cartoons!” Baekhyun said. The two were on the couch with Baekhyun sitting inbetween Tao’s legs, the younger having his arms wrapped around Baekhyun’s torso.

“Watching? You talk the whole time.” Tao complained. “And you spoil everything that’s going to happen.”

“You’ve seen them all before, haven’t you?” Baekhyun asked, curiously.

“Not in Korean.” Tao said.

“It’s all the same!” Baekhyun said, shrugging.

“Not really!” Tao retorted. “You’re so annoying, you know that?”

“Hmph.” Baekhyun slumped lower in his spot, forcing Tao to pull him back up.

“But…I guess it’s okay.” Tao grinned. “Since you’re letting me watch your TV.”

“What do you like to do for Christmas, Taozi?” Baekhyun asked, turning to look up at him.

“Eat…sleep…” Tao said, rocking back and forth.

“You can do that for any holiday.” Baekhyun waved his hand. “You have to have something special for Christmas.” Tao thought for a moment.

“Eat candy canes.”

“That’s it?” Baekhyun said. “You don’t know how to celebrate at all!”

Tao shrugged. He guessed it wasn’t anything he didn’t do on a free weekend, but there wasn’t anything really special he did back at home that wasn’t on Christmas Day. The days leading up to it were just that, aside from Christmas Eve. Baekhyun pulled free from Tao’s hold while he was in thought and went into the kitchen. Tao heard some tinkering in the cabinets briefly before Baekhyun returned with a box of candy canes and sat back between Tao’s legs.

“Here.” Baekhyun held up the candy cane for Tao to into his mouth.

“What is this?! So you do it, too?!” Tao whined, a bit awkwardly due to the candy treat in his mouth.

“It’s not the only thing I do, though.” Baekhyun said, a candy cane in his own mouth.

“Well what do you do?” Tao asked, still whining.

“Sometimes I go see a movie with Chanyeol and Jongdae. Or we go out to do last minute shopping.” Baekhyun explained. “Stuff like that.”

“Will you do it this year, too?” Tao asked, briefly wondering what he’d do all day alone if he were to be left without his hyung. He supposed he wouldn’t really mind it or be offended if he did. But Baekhyun shook his head.

“Nope! My time’s dedicated aaalllll to you this year.” Baekhyun said, trying to look absurdly cute, which annoyed Tao because it was working.

“So what, because of me you won’t be able to do all the fun things you usually do?” Tao asked, looking away, guiltily. Baekhyun shoved him.

“Stop being like that. I want to spend it with just you.” Baekhyun reassured. “I told you I do this every year; I can stand to miss one.”

“Is it okay with the others, though?” Tao asked.

“Why wouldn’t it be?” Baekhyun asked, before continuing with a sly grin. “I doubt Chanyeol’s free after what happened with Kris at the party, anyway. And Chen Chen can find just about anyone to have fun with at any moment’s notice. He’ll probably hang with Jongin or Kyungsoo, maybe annoy both of them with Sehun instead. So don’t worry about it anymore.”

“Ok ok, I won’t.” Tao said. “If you’re happy, I’m happy.”

“Good.” Baekhyun nodded in praise of himself. “So then, lemme tell you what’s gonna happen next…”

“UGGHHHH!!” Tao groaned, returning his attention to the TV. Or was it Baekhyun?

~~

“Your turn.”

“Truth!”

"Hmm...well, there has been something I've wanted to ask lately."

“Chen’s not Chinese.”

“That wasn’t what I was gonna ask!” Tao complained.

“What then?” Baekhyun idly asked, rolling on his back.

“Hmm…is it really okay to ask this, though?” Tao asked.

“You can ask whatever you want!” Baekhyun encouraged. Tao played with the carpet on the floor for a moment.

“That one time before…when you said I wasn’t scary…did you bring it up because you used to think that?” Tao asked. He tried to read Baekhyun’s eyes for any hint of what he was thinking, but got nothing, as usual. Baekhyun rolled back onto his stomach.

“I never saw you that way.” He finally said.

“R-Really?” Tao said, not really having expected to hear that. He knew Baekhyun wouldn’t lie to him, even if they weren’t playing this game, but did he honestly never have that thought?

“You looked lonely.” Baekhyun clarified.

“Lonely?” Tao asked. Baekhyun nodded.

“The look in your eyes didn’t look like the eyes of someone cold and scary.” Baekhyun explained. “They were of someone who is alone.”

Is that was he really saw in him?

“I didn’t like that you had that look all the time of just being…alone.” Baekhyun explained. “So I tried to help you be less lonely and thought it would get rid of that look in your eyes.”

“Did it?” Tao asked. He wondered if he’d really changed since starting work.

“I think so.” Baekhyun nodded with a grin. “Your eyes look much brighter and happier now.” Tao blushed a bit and looked down at the floor.

“Honestly, when I first started working at the store, I never thought someone like you would talk to me because I thought I scared everyone.” Tao said. “You seemed popular and always happy…not like me at all.”

“It’s funny then, how it made me want to get to know you instead.” Baekhyun grinned. “Don’t ever think you’re scary again. Even if other people think you are, you’ll always have me and the others.”

“I’m…glad…thank you.” Tao said, smiling sincerely. Baekhyun scrunched his face.

“Stop being all mushy or I’m gonna make you do a really hard dare next!” Baekhyun huffed, crossing his arms.

~~~

Tao stood with his eyes closed, resting them to the hum of the microwave. It was dark and quiet in the kitchen as the street lights shone through the window. He almost didn’t notice the sudden feel of arms encircling his body with a head resting on the back of his shoulders.

“Hyung, what are you doing up? You should be sleeping.” Tao said quietly, even though he knew they were the only two in the house.

“I got cold…” Baekhyun mumbled, voice still filled with sleep. Tao rolled his eyes the best he could with the amount of sleep he had in them. It was as if his hyung couldn’t stand to be two seconds without cuddling these days, since Tao knew he’d left him plenty of blankets to keep him warm.

“I was coming right back.” He whispered slowly.

“Too long…what’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked.

“I couldn’t really get to sleep, so I was making a cup of warm milk.” Tao explained, tapping on the microwave.

“Couldn’t sleep? Mmmnn…” Baekhyun said after a few seconds; Tao could tell he was half asleep. He didn’t really know why he bothered to even get up, or how he managed to get all the way into the kitchen in one piece with his eyes closed, for that matter.  “Should’ve snuggled by me…”

Tao chuckled a bit, confirming his earlier theory, as the microwave sounded and he took his mug out. “I’ll remember for next time.”

Tao took a sip from the cup and almost instantly felt as though he could go to sleep right there. His hyung already seemed to. He should probably get him back to bed soon, he thought as he drank from the cup. This always helped him back at his own house when he had trouble sleeping.

“Hmmmm…drank milk yet?” Baekhyun mumbled. Tao didn’t realize he was still conscious.

“I did, yeah.” He said.

“Mmmhmm…bed…Tao?” Tao couldn’t help laughing quietly again. He decided he could use some of the relaxing drink, too, and brought the mug to Baekhyun’s lips. Unfortunately, Baekhyun was so drowsy, he was more spilling the warm liquid over his face than actually getting it in his mouth.

“Drink it properly, hyung!” Tao complained, trying not to be too loud. “You’re going to mess up your pajamas and everything.”

Baekhyun flashed a sleepy grin at him and giggled. “Hee-hee.”

Tao had to stop himself from laughing loudly right there at his silly hyung. He was caught off guard when Baekhyun pressed his lips to Tao’s lips messily due to his drowsiness. Tao could taste the milk on his lips and feel it getting on his cheek.

“Hy-hyungg…” Tao whined, trying to wipe the older’s face. He didn’t want to have to go clean up in the bathroom considering they were both sleepy enough at this point.

“Hee-hee…Taozi…” Baekhyun giggled.

“Come on, back to bed.” Tao said quietly, putting his arm around Baekhyun to lead him back into the living room.

“Sleepy…”

“I can tell.” Tao said, grinning to himself.

~~~

“Hyung…” Tao began the next morning, the two sitting on the floor of the living room going back and forth between playing around and watching what was on the TV.

“What is it?” Baekhyun asked. Tao shifted his eyes around a bit before continuing.

“What…what are we now?” he asked. Baekhyun looked at him strangely.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“I mean, the two of us?” Tao said quietly. “What are we?” Baekhyun tilted his head in confusion.

“Boys?”

“That’s not what I meant, hyung!” Tao said, rolling his eyes at the obvious answer. Baekhyun put a finger on his chin.

“Cute?”

“Beef!!” Tao said, now blushing. Baekhyun wasn’t really helping the matter with his naturally cute confusion at the moment. “Are you really going to make me say it?” Baekhyun still just stared at him with wide eyes, forcing Tao to take a deep breath and just spill what was on his mind.

“The two of us…the things we’ve been doing these past few days…are we still…just friends?” Tao said, trying his best to keep his darting eyes on Baekhyun. “Because…isn’t this a bit much between regular friends? Cuddling all the time and hugging and, you know…”

“Know what?” Baekhyun asked. Tao was starting to get more embarrassed. Surely Baekhyun knew what he was talking about and was just too scared to say it himself, but it wasn’t like Tao wanted to either. But he didn’t want this conversation to go on any longer than it had to for fear of too much blood flow to his head.

“Hyung!” he whined. “We…under the mistletoe…and every day since then…”

Baekhyun blinked. Tao looked away from him.

“Ki-kissing…” he said, proud of himself for being able to say it on the first go.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened a little in shock, though Tao could tell by the way his cheeks were starting to redden that he’d probably known what Tao had meant the whole time.

If Tao were bragging to Sehun or something, which he had, he’d probably refer to what he’d been talking about as intense make-out sessions. However, they weren’t really making-out and it wasn’t even that intense. They were more accurately, extended kissing sessions, he’d say.

It happened first the day after Tao “moved in”. Baekhyun had randomly called Tao into his room a bit after the two had had breakfast and watched TV for a couple of hours.

“What is it, hyung?” was all Tao managed to get out before Baekhyun pulled him backwards on his bed and started kissing him. Tao was a bit shocked and pulled away briefly, giving Baekhyun a slightly surprised look. Baekhyun didn’t say anything and Tao could almost read his eyes telling him he could stop if this bothered him. But Tao was simply more surprised than bothered and met Baekhyun’s lips again, his way of telling him it was okay. This went on for a few minutes before Baekhyun seemed to get bored and moved to Tao’s neck, which was also new for Tao, but it never really got to a point that he’d call intimate; it was more gentle and sweet. They kissed each others’ lips, noses, cheeks for what seemed like forever until both got tired and Tao moved to Baekhyun’s side, pulling him into his arms as their eyelids fell closed and the two napped.

When they woke up after a couple of hours, Tao looked at his hyung timidly, trying think of a means to question what had occurred, knowing it couldn’t have been a dream. But when he opened his mouth, Baekhyun casually asked him what he wanted for lunch.

“What?” Tao said, louder than he intended.

“I’m hungry. It’s lunchtime!” Baekhyun whined. “Let’s eat.”

“Er..uhm…o-okay.” Tao said. Baekhyun sat up and fixed his hair a bit before heading downstairs, leaving Tao more confused than hungry. Even more to Tao’s confusion, the day went on normally as if nothing had happened, and by the time he was taking his shower that evening, he was thinking it might have been a dream.

When it happened again later that evening before they went to bed, Tao later lay snuggled next to Baekhyun on the couch, staring up at the ceiling, knowing for certain it wasn’t a dream and wondering what exactly it was.

Tao only initiated it himself to see if he could and what would happen. Two days after the first time, he joined Baekhyun on the couch and wordlessly pushed Baekhyun backwards slowly and carefully laying him down so that he hovered over him. He was a bit nervous Baekhyun would ask him what he was doing and tell him to get off, or some other negative reaction, but he didn’t. Only stared at him like usual. When Tao moved in to kiss him, Baekhyun kissed him back

Like the other times, it never got very heated, just went on for a long time and ended up in a nap like usual. This time, though, Tao was beginning to think that the reason it ended that way was just as the most convenient way to avoid discussing the matter.

Which is why Tao’s heart was now pounding at his chest at finally bringing the topic up. Baekhyun finally met his eyes.

“You don’t like it?” Baekhyun asked quietly. Tao blushed deeper, not really expecting that to be Baekhyun’s main concern. You can’t just ask if I don’t like kissing you!!

“That’s not what I mean!” Tao spoke up quickly. “But all of this…it makes us…a couple…right?” Baekhyun seemed just as nervous talking about it as him, but he had to get some kind of answers. He didn’t want this to just be some weird Korean thing Baekhyun did with all of his friends. He had to know if it meant more. Tao didn’t realize he’d spaced out momentarily until he saw Baekhyun’s face right in front of his.

“H-Hyung…?” Tao was cut off by Baekhyun pressing his lips directly onto his and slowly wrapping his arms around his neck. The two fell backwards on the carpet, Tao putting his hands on Baekhyun’s sides to keep him from falling as their lips moved together.

When Baekhyun pulled back, the two met each other’s gazes and stared at each other for a while.

“So…” Tao started, before Baekhyun lay his head on Tao’s chest.

“I…I like this. I want to be whatever this is.” Baekhyun said.

“So…it’s okay to keep doing things like this?” Tao asked, putting a hand on the back of Baekhyun’s head.

“I like it.” He said.

“I like it, too, hyung.” Tao said with a smile.

~~~

The sun was staring to come through the window, reflecting its light in the front room. Usually Tao would just turn over and try to get in some extra sleep until the light wouldn’t allow it any longer, but today he didn’t have to struggle as hard to force his eyes open. He looked at his hyung curled up in his arms in front of him, who shifted a bit at Tao’s movements.

“Merry Christmas, Beef!” Tao greeted the older with a whisper when he saw him starting to wake up.

“Hmm?”

“You know what day it is?~” Tao sang, grinning. Baekhyun shook himself away, opening his eyes wide.

“IT’S CHRISTMAS!!” he said, gleefully, Tao nodding in return, unable to suppress his laughter.

“Baby Beef! Merry Christmas!” He said, sitting up and meeting him for a hug. “Come on, let’s see what’s under the tree!” Baekhyun clapped. Tao sat up and ran a hand through his hair.

“Err…hyung…” Tao muttered. “We…saw yesterday, remember?”

“Yeah, so?” Baekhyun shrugged. Tao looked around the room awkwardly.

“I’m sorry, hyung, I wanted to go out yesterday and get you something nice to surprise you, but…”

“You’ve already gotten me a present, Peachy.” Baekhyun said.

“I wanted to get you something you’d really like, though.” Tao said. “Something like what you gave me.”

“I already told you that I love the presents you gave me.” Baekhyun said, playing with his feet.

“I know but, I just wanted to get you something really special.” Tao said.

“Your presents were very special to me. The price doesn’t matter.” Baekhyun said. “You put yourself down too much. You’re ruining the Christmas mood!”

“Sorry hyung, you’re right. I-” Tao said.

“Of course I am.” Baekhyun interrupted.

“Er…yeah…but, if you’re really okay…”

“LET’S DO CHRISTMAS THINGS NOW!!” Baekhyun shouted, leaping from the couch and scurrying off.

“Wait a minute, hyung!” Tao yelled, jumping after him. “Hold up!”

After changing into their matching sweaters, the two had a quick breakfast before running off to watch Christmas cartoons and specials, which always felt better on the day of, Baekhyun gripping the stuffed panda the whole time. At commercial breaks, they’d take turns calling family members to wish them a Merry Christmas. They even tried to do some more baking.

“We should have just bought cookies, hyung.”

“We did this before, we can do it again.”

“Mmmm…”

“If you stop eating the batter!!” Baekhyun wacked his hand with the spoon.

“Oww!!”

Later on, they tried to make a special Christmas meal, but ended up giving up and spending thirty minutes on the couch finding a place for some holiday take out. Afterwards, Baekhyun convinced Tao into the corniest, yet funniest, carol singing session by the Christmas tree Tao had ever had. They went back and had a movie marathon until it was time to shower, which was followed by a small snack session, which, by that point, had tired both of them out as they leaned against each other on the couch under some blankets, the only light in the room coming from te lights on the tree.

“Honestly, hyung, I think this is the best Christmas I’ve ever had.” Tao said, sincerely. “You really made it amazing.” Baekhyun laughed to himself a bit.

“How cliché.” Baekhyun said.

“This is why I never try to be nice to you!” Tao said, uselessly pulling the blankets away from the older, considering they were cocooned together. All he succeeded in doing was pulling Baekhyun closer to him.

“Hee-hee, thanks~” Baekhyun giggled. “Much warmer now.”

“You’re so troublesome, even today.” Tao said, as Baekhyun nuzzled into him.

“And even today, you put up with it.” Tao could hear him grinning.

“Only because I love you…I-” Tao stopped as soon as he realized what he said. He didn’t even know how; it was if his mind spoke on its own without even telling him. He felt his cheeks burn and he looked out of the corner of his eye at Baekhyun, who showed no reaction at all. But there was no way he didn’t hear it. Yet he didn’t say anything. It seemed like time had stopped for Tao, but he couldn’t speak. Couldn’t even think. Why had he said that all of a sudden?

But at the same time, he couldn’t say he didn’t mean it. Because he did mean it. It seemed like whenever he thought about the things he and Baekhyun did this week alone added to the many last of reasons why he felt such love for his hyung. Maybe because he’d thought about it to himself so much recently that it slipped out at such a time. But he still fidgeted with nerousness at his hyung’s silence. He finally turned just slightly to Tao.

“Taozi?”

“I…I’m…tired.” Tao said quickly, his heart still racing, avoiding looking at him. “I’m really tired. I want to sleep.”

“Hmmm, sleep right now?” Baekhyun said. Tao nodded.

“We’ve been up all day…I’m…tired now.” Tao said, still not looking at Baekhyun. “We should both get some sleep now, don’t you think?” Baekhyun rocked back and forth a bit before turning to look right at Tao with a grin spread across his face.

“I feel the same way that you do~”

~~~

It was almost New Year’s Eve, and Tao knew his time living with Baekhyun was coming to an end. Neither of them really talked about it, as if silently agreeing not to bring it up, since Tao knew it would only bring out the clinging puppy in his hyung and make him upset.

But Tao didn’t want this to end, either. What would happen after the break? Would things just go back to the way they were before when they went back to work? Tao didn’t want that. Even if they established themselves as a couple and they maybe did more couple-y things, he didn’t want to only see him at work and get to spend special time with him during break. He wanted things to be like they were now. Waking up together, talking and playing throughout the day, going to bed together; not just him, but it seemed Baekhyun had been conditioned to now not be able to get any good rest if Tao wasn’t holding him in this embrace. He didn’t know to what degree his hyung felt the same, but he wanted to let him know how he felt, in any case.

“Hyung…I was thinking.” Tao began. Baekhyun was leaning on his side, his legs up on the sofa. At the sound of Tao’s voice, Baekhyun looked up at him.

“Hmm?”

“If it’s alright with you…do you want to…maybe move in with me?” Tao asked. It seemed to take a minute to register to Baekhyun, whose eyes widened in surprise.

“Move in?” he asked. “Like live with you?”

“You don’t have to…it’s just…if you, I don’t know…it was just a thought and…since it’s been nice staying here with you and all…us together…” Tao fidgeted under Baekhyun’s intense stare, starting to second guess himself. Perhaps it had only been him who wanted this.

But that thought was quickly erased as Baekhyun grabbed Tao’s arm and pulled it close to his body as he pressed his own body as close as he could to Tao.

“Yes…please…” he mumbled. He gave a wide-eyed look to Baekhyun.

“You want to?” Tao asked.

“If it’s okay with you.” Baekhyun mumbled again.

“Of course it is, I mean…I guess you have to ask your parents or something..."

“Don’t worry about them…I want to move in…I want to be with you.” Baekhyun said. Tao was quiet for a moment to take all of this in. Baekhyun really did feel the same way as he did, so much that he seemed to not even be concerned what his parents thought about it. He didn’t know if he should consider this a compliment, or be concerned.

“I was worried what would happen when you left.” Baekhyun said, his cheeks becoming red. “If I’d be able to stand being without you.”

“It’s okay, I was thinking the same way.” Tao said, reassuringly. “That’s why I wanted to ask. I don’t think I would have been able to last without you either.”

“I’d been thinking before about how you said you lived alone and how I could make you less lonely.” Baekhyun said. “I thought about calling or texting you more often, or coming to visit more...but..."

"It really wouldn't be the same." Tao said, knowing what he meant. Baekhyun nodded.

"Before I was almost wishing one of the others might be your roommate to keep you company." he said. "But I've never been happier that you live alone until now." Tao grinned and patted his head in agreement.

"So it's settled then." he said, breathing out a sigh of relief. "You'll move in with me?"

"Yep!" Baekhyun laughed, looking excitedly like the puppy he was. Tao laughed.

"You're so silly."

~~~

So on New Year’s Eve, Tao and Baekhyun worked speedily to have both of their belongings packed up and ready to go to Tao’s place. Baekhyun’s parents wouldn’t be back for a few days, and he’d thought Baekhyun would want to tell them something like this face-to-face, but he’d called them the same night Tao propositioned the idea to him, and they agreed fairly easily, to Tao’s surprise. So they spent a few hours going back and forth between the two houses, transferring their things.

They didn’t really plan on packing everything of Baekhyun’s at one time, just enough to last a few days before they went back to work and he’d have to have some more clothes and probably some of the things he liked to do in his spare time. Tao did make sure they moved every one of his scented candles, though.

~~~

Once Baekhyun and Tao had moved a few bags of things to Tao’s house, and did some straightening up, putting some things away, it was beginning to get late and the two stood by a window in Tao’s house, hand in hand, to look at some fireworks light up the dark sky.

“I can’t believe how things ended up turning out. When I came to Korea, I would have never expected to find someone like you and to be so happy now.” Tao said.

“I never expected it either.” Baekhyun said. “To meet someone like you.”

“But hyung, you’ve done so much for me.” Tao said. “What have I done for you?”

“What do you mean? You’ve been a great friend to me.” Baekhyun said. “You take care of me, too, like at work. You always come to check on me and make sure I’m okay when I’m in another section. You get me food. You came over just to help me early for the party. You always help me get to sleep-”

“Okay, okay, you can stop now!” Tao said, flushing slightly. “We don’t need to get into all that.”

“Hee-hee!” Baekhyun laughed. “I have a good dongsaeng for once.”

Tao grinned to himself, happy he had something else he could brag to Sehun about later. But he also smiled to himself because he was happy his hyung genuinely saw something in him that he cherished. He looked over at him as his eyes lit up at seeing the fireworks outside. Tao felt his heart beat faster as he squeeze his hand slightly.

“B-Baekhyun hyung, I-”

“I love you, too, Tao.”

Tao turned and stared at him with widened eyes. Baekhyun’s face was as red as he guessed his was, but he looked back at him with a bright smile and squeezed his hand. A smile slowly spread across Tao’s face and the two leaned in and their lips met, just as the sound rang from a clock hanging on a wall in his living room. The two pulled apart and looked lovingly at each other.

“Happy New Year, hyung.”

“Happy New Year, Panda!”

~~~

Tao brought Baekhyun up to his room and an awkward silence arose when the two stood staring at Tao’s bed.

“Sorry…I…since the idea was so sudden…I just…I only have one bed right now and…” Tao was cut off by Baekhyun pushing him backwards on the bed, lying on top of him.

“This is fine with me.” He said. “Don’t worry about getting another bed.” Tao smirked.

“It’s fine with me, too.” he said, as they let thier eyelids fall closed.

~~~

END :3 HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED! THANKS FOR READING AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU LIKED THE ENDING~ X3