VII.

Desperately Seeking Santa

12 days until Christmas

 "What happened?" Jessica asked as she rushed over to what seemed to be an ambulance scene in the making. Hyoyeon looked up from the ground to see her boss and explained the situation.

 An ahjumma who had came to see Santa had fainted on her way up from the stairs, possibly due to fatigue. Nichkhun was currently performing CPR on the woman as Hyoyeon started to dial 119.

 "She's still alive," Nichkhun analyzed. "We'll probably get an ambulance over to pick her up and she'll be taken to the ER."

 Jessica was impressed, she didn't know he was so into his studies. He wouldn't make a bad doctor.

 It shed some light on her view of Khun, especially after hearing his situation. She regretted being such a to him for the past weeks and she understood why some people were so in love with him.

 She looked back at the Santa Claus, kneeling as he tried to console the lady, talking to her as if she was conscious.

 Maybe he wasn't such a bad guy after all.


 Outside a crowd ensued as the ambulance was taking the ahjumma inside with a gurney strapped on.

 "Let me go with her," Khun requested.

 "Are you a family member?" the paramedic questioned. He shook his head, he didn't know why, but he wanted this woman to be safe through the whole ride.

 "Please," he begged, tugging on the paramedic's uniform. The relunctant worker simply nodded her head and Jessica walked up to Khun.

 "Where are you going?" she asked.

 "To the hospital." He replied, jumping inside the car. "I'll take my early break, I can make it up to you Jess, I promise." And before Jessica could even speak another word the doors closed, and the ambulance was long on its way.

 Now Jessica was stuck with hundreds of girls who witnessed what seemed to be a CSI scene in action. They all looked towards the executive, wondering where their precious Santa Claus was going.

 "Santa is on a vacation at the moment, but feel free to shop at our wonderful stores until he comes back!"


 The next day Jessica arrived at the hospital, finding the front desk. She didn't like hospitals because they always led her to sorrow. She was here when her grandma fell ill then eventually passed, when her mother was getting life support after her suicide, and now she was here to find the status of a falling ahjumma.

 One of the nurses lead her to the room and entered quietly.

 "Nichkhun?" the ahjumma asked, filled with high hopes.

 "No, I'm sorry." Jessica replied, handing over a bouquet of flowers. "I'm Jung Jessica, public relations executive at I'Park Mall. I just wanted to see how you were."

 The lady beside the ahjumma received the flowers and smiled. "Don't mind my mother, she's been waiting for Khun to visit since the morning."

 "He was here with me all night." the patient reminisced.

 "Can you believe that?" the lady asked. "What a gentleman."

 "He's hot too." the ahjumma added. Jessica chuckled at the patient and grinned. At least she wasn't being left with sorrow at the hospital this time. She eventually bid her farewells, making sure not to overstay her welcome, and left the room.

 She continued to walk towards the exit when she saw none other than Horvejkul himself.

 "Hey Jess," Khun greeted. "Were you here to visit Mrs. Ahn also?"

 Jessica laughed. "What? Of course not!" Nichkhun gave a weird look to her, not sure why she was being so frank but shrugged. If she wasn't going to tell the truth, then he didn't need to hear it.


 Backstage the y Santa dance was finished once again. Hyoyeon reported to them earlier that they were going to be interviewed on Khun saving the ahjumma, and allowed Hyuna to be part of the show. Jessica appeared and Khun couldn't help but laught at her presence.

 "What's so funny?"

 "You lied to me." he admitted, sitting down at his little vanity set to remove his hat.

 Jessica rolled her eyes. "About what?"

 "Mrs. Ahn told me all morning about a beautiful business lady who stopped by her room before I came." he confessed. He looked away from the mirror to see Jessica's emotion still the same.

 "So?"

 Khun placed a finger on his chin, pretending to think deeply. "I'm pretty sure that same beautiful business lady she was talking about was the one that I encountered on the way to her room."

 "And so what if I came to visit her?" she asked, crossing her arms. "I am in charge of the mall, so I need to avoid any legal troubles by kissing up."

 "No," he denied, wagging his finger in front of her. He use the same finger to poke at her nose. "You care."

 Jessica rolled her eyes again and began to walk away. She didn't need Khun to tell her what she's not and she didn't need Khun's word on anything. Sometimes he made her blush, but for a majority of the time he aggravated her.

 However, regardless of whatever feelings she had for him were going to end soon. She wouldn't have anything to do with him in eleven days.