The 28th of December [PART 1]

The Night After Christmas

PART I: "Scooping the truth"

 

'Finally a moment alone,' Hongbin thought to himself with a smile. Ravi and Leo were out, apparently "eating lunch" (Yeah, right. It was more than obvious the two were dating.) Ken was probably hiding in the cupboard, eating Special K (how a grown man could fit himself in those shelves was an incomprehensible miracle in itself), and N hyung was screaming something about "Banana milk stains all over the sheets!" and "Always making laundry duty for me such a trouble" with his usual whine: "Why do you always do this to me~"

Hongbin's eyes flicked to his target, Hyuk, who was lazily sprawled across the bed, flipping through a manga. That oblivious boy had an intorigation coming his way...

"But how come.... none of my new bottles of Banana milk are touched..." N's voice floated in from the kitchen this time, momentarily interrupting Hongbin. (And yeah, the leadernim didn't know how to keep his voice down even when he was all alone, talking to himself.)

"Yo, Hyuk." Hongbin ignored N (which wasn't that hard) and jumped onto the bed beside the maknae. He had quite a few unanswered questions from the night after Christmas, but to him, one took priority. (And no, it was most surprisingly not about the way they had slept.)

"I've got a question," Hongbin started, and Hyuk, eyes not leaving the book, not even glancing his way, said: "Well, shoot it."

Hongbin gave the maknae a once-over, wondering how he'd react to this: "Why did you blush when I asked you if you ever kissed someone 'awake'? Does this mean you've been kissing people (us) when they (we) were asleep?"

The book falls with a thud. Hongbin had Hyuk's full attention now. 
"No! What?!" the maknae denied too soon, reddening to the point that it was no longer mere suspicion but solid evidence. 
Hongbin pounced on the younger. "Who was it?" his questions were relentless. "Is this how you're so good? Practice with sleeping victims?"

"No, no, no!" he denied, face turning a deeper shade of red at each word that left him. "I... don't kiss sleeping people..."

"You're sweating," Hongbin, in that scary Leo-like manner, pointed at the younger's neck, "Just stop denying it, maknae-yah."

*

When Ken wondered back into the kitchen for seconds, (scaring N out of his skin: no one knew Ken was at home!!!) he saw his hyung sitting cross-legged before the open fridge, eyes moving from the rows of banana milk packs inside, to the sheets spread on his lap.

"I wouldn't touch that if I were you," Ken warned as he watched Hakyeon continue to poke the "banana milk" stain on the sheets.

"But I can't figure out whose banana milk got spilt," he whined (so innocent).

"I can tell you whose it is, if you want," Ken offered, sitting down beside Hakyeon. "That," he pointed, "is Ravi's, and that is mine~"

"Ravi drinks banana milk too?!" N looked up, "After teasing me so much about it?!!"

Ken just stared at Hakyeon. What are we to do with such an innocent hyung?!
He couldn't.

"And the last stain is Leo's," he said, standing up. "We were making banana milk that night you got drunk."

"Banana milk?! Without me?! WITHOUT ME?!" Hakyeon looked ready to explode.

Ken just shook his head and walked off. He didn't wanna be around when Hakyeon finally realised what his precious "banana milk" was... HALF AN HOUR LATER!

*

"No, I-" 
Hyuk still refused to give in to his relentless hyung; Hongbin cut him across with more questions:
"Who was it? Was it N hyung? Is that why the first bet was so easy? You had the experience?"

Hyuk, turning redder by the second, vowed not to open his mouth and speak a word; he silently sat, sweating, as Hongbin tumbled on.

"Or was it Ken? Because I see you following him around like a puppy all the time! Or maybe Ravi hyung, because admit it, everyone has a slight crush on Ravi."
Silence from Hyuk.

Hongbin suddenly stood straight and pointed a finger straight at Hyuk's chest. "No. You did not!" His eyes widened as he continued, "You did not! Not .... Not Leo?!!"

The brunette's mind was racing; exactly what was this maknae capable of?! What lengths was he willing to go; and WHY?! Why would he wanna dig his own grave?!

The silent questions were written all over Hongbin's face as clear as day, and Hyuk just wanted to wipe that idiotic look off. Unable to stand it any longer, he grabbed the other guy's collar to get his goddamn attention, and said, "Who do you think I kissed?!" kissing him (in that breathtaking manner again ~Hongbin's poor soul!) till he figured it out himself.

"M-me?!" Hongbin spluttered once they broke apart, that confounded look still etched all over his face.
"Yes, you!" Hyuk said, crawling atop the boy and holding him down, "That took you waaay too long to guess."

In the end, you could say Hongbin's strategy of worming out information to get the maknae embarrassed, failed miserably.

*

BONUS: "Half an hour later"

"...doesntevenlooklikebananamilkthatmuchandthesmellisofflikeitsspoiltorsomethingandsoisthetasteURGH!"

Detective Chalock Holmes was deducting the stains he had found this morning; he had been at it for half an hour!
He went over the clues his trusty made, Jaehwan Kenson had pointed out. The milk belonged to that trio, who had made it themselves on the night after Christmas. But.... why in the bed room and not the kitchen?!
He felt like he was coming closer to the answer....

*

"We're back!!" Ravi's voice came from the front. ('Back so soon?' wondered Hakyeon, who hadn't realized time flew past as he was "investigating")

"Um... N? Why are you...." Leo, who had just entered the kitchen area, stared at the leader sniffing Leo's own produce (yes, the sight made his ears turn pink!) the same way a dog would sniff its own poo.

"Why, what is hyung doing?" Ravi joined Leo after kicking his shoes off. Leo only shook his head, unable to say anything, while Hakyeon proceeded to (proudly) explain how far he had come in the "case of the splashed milk".

After a moment of mild confusion (Ah~ poor Ravi was actually trying to follow N's nonsense), the rapper's eyes flew wide. "AKK! HYUNG!!! WHY ARE YOU TOUCHING THAT?!!"

Maybe it was Ravi's -appropriate- reaction that finally made the poor boy realise what he had been touching and sniffing. Hakyeon turned about as red as his hair and screamed at the top of his lungs, "! WHAT THE ?! WHAT THE AAAAAARRRHGGG YOU EWWW YOU GUYS ARE DISGUSTING HOW DID YOU EVEN MANAGE TO ...EWWWWWWWWW"

(And 15 minutes later, when his screams had died down into whimpers, he remembered the fact that "Chalock Holmes" had even tasted..... )
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

***

 

A/N:

And people, I'm back again~
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

So, I guess this is officially my new year's gift to AFF even though I wasn't gonna do any such thing... I suppose I'm just too addicted to these idiots to stop writing about em ;D I know this time's update is tiny and I hope the gif would redeem it... but I should warn you, though the story is marked complete, it's only for bakas like me who prefer reading stories with closure rather than following on-going ones; there are more updates (of pure fluff and crack) coming up ^^ So look out for them? (aka please dont unsubscribe, and KAJIMAAA~~~)

Till next time (whenever that is)~