final.

I (still) love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun stole a glance at Jongdae who was currently buried between his culinary textbook and smiled meekly. He loved having study dates, in fact, he loved any kind of date as long as it involved being with Kim Jongdae. He absolutely adored the way Jongdae’s eyebrows would narrow together, the way his face would scrunch in confusion at all the wild meanings, and the way his lips curl up when he mutters to himself everything he needs to memorise. And it was also times like this when Baekhyun wonders how nice it would be if time could still. He’d bring Jongdae anywhere and everywhere to relieve half the stress Jongdae had on his shoulders and make him smile.

This continued for years. High school, college and now, university. It had remained the same. Had. It’s Baekhyun and Jongdae’s first year in university and frankly, they’d both admit finding time to see each other was rare. But they promised to make it work and that they would try to no matter how hard things get.

-

“Hey, “ Chanyeol nudged Baekhyun as the smaller frustratedly pulled out his earpieces and glared at Chanyeol. “What.” Chanyeol pulled the smaller in, tangling his fingers in Baekhyun’s hair before planting a soft kiss on Baekhyun’s cheeks.

“W-what are you doing!” Baekhyun barked out, inching away from Chanyeol in shock. “I thought you liked me too. So I just..” “Are you kidding me? J-jongdae.” “Oh, him.” “What do you mean oh, him. What’s with him?!” “Honestly, stop lying to yourself. Do you really still care for him? Do you care because you want to or do you care because you should because you’re his boyfriend? Does he still make you smile even in the wee hours of the morning? Do you both still stay up just to have more time with each other? Do you guys even go on dates anymore?”

And the silence question Baekhyun of everything he’d promise Jongdae at the start of the year before this whole mess started.

Even if we don’t spend our nights together fingers tangled with our phones having late night phonecalls, even if we don’t spend our weekends together hunched over textbooks and Starbucks, even if we don’t hang out as much as we used to, I promise we will make this work.

And now Baekhyun was contemplating if things would actually work out. Contemplating if both of them were actually putting effort. Contemplating if it was worth it. And to be honest, Chanyeol was right. About many things. About the way he cared about Jongdae only because he was his boyfriend. About how both he and Jongdae were both too tired from studying to bother if they’d made each other smile that night. Heck, they've only stuck to a simple good night message instead of their nightly phone calls now. About how they both no longer stay up chatting, saying how much they wished they’d be able to end the day curled up in each other’s arms. About how they don't even hang out together anymore. And Chanyeol was right about one last thing. Chanyeol was right about the way Baekhyun’s heart fluttered around him, just like the way Jongdae used to make him feel.

But Baekhyun was persistent. And he was going to make things work between him and Jongdae.

“Hey,” Baekhyun muttered, as he heard Jongdae yawn.

“I know it’s early, but perhaps. Do you think we should go catch a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter