CHAPTER 2

Chances are...

"So... how was your night?" Naeun's mom asked, as Naeun went inside their house "Kai texted me.... he told me you met someone?" her mom chuckled as she turned the television off.

"Oh God, you're still awake umma?" She chuckled as she sat beside her mom, then laying her head on her mom's lap "His perfect umma! I don't know... but I feel real fuzzy with him..." she ranted as she tried to imagine him in her head.

"You say that to everyone you meet..." she made a faces as she fumbled with Naeun's hair "I don't want you to get hurt agian baby..." She said, sparing a worried glance "Just... be careful okay?"

Naeun smiled "Yes mommy..." she said as she hugged her.


"Your beautiful, you know that right?" Dannie told her. It is true though; she looks like an angel, black flowing hair, a bit chubby on the cheeks, soft and chinky eyes, perfectly curved body, and milky white skin. "I don't know why, but, you are really pretty, yet you dress like  hippie..." Dannie sneered as they walked in the school corridors. "You've moved to Japan for a very... long... time... and you comeback wearing that?" 

"Lah... what's wrong with my outfit?" she asked as she twirled, Naeun was wearing a pink and white, frilly dress that comes down only above her knees, pink sneakers to match her dress, and topped a pink and violet bonnet "It's pretty!"

"Don't tell me that you're going skate boarding this afternoon again?" Dannie asked with a sigh.

"Why'd ya' think that I would wear my frilly dress and sneakers?" she said with a giggle.

Dannie only sighed in defeat as they walked out of the campus."So did you like your new friend last night?" Dannie asked with a playful smile.

"Yeah... I did" Naeun answered back vaugely.

"So...?" Dannie asked backed.

"So... what?" Naeun asked with a chuckle.

"Don't leave me hanging! That guy was a cutie!" she said, getting  all excited as they went of the campus.

"Well... he was really ama-..." Naeun stopped dead on her tracks, stunned as he saw the boy outside, she bit her lowerlip and felt blood rushing to her face "t-th-there he is..." Naeun pulled Dannie towards the campus gate, hiding from site and earning a few queer stares. "Why is he here? l-lah-- what is he doing here?" Naeun asked as she hid behind the taller girls back.

"Wait... wa-? who?" Dannie furrowed his brows as he searched for the boy "Him? oh... damn, HIM!" Dannie said in surprise "d-damn... a real jaw dropper Eun, I didn't see him well last night, and ey he looks damn fine." She said checking the white haired boy out. "What are you waiting for? Go to him then!" she said with a playful chuckle, still looking at the guy.

"B-b-but... unnie, I'm nervous..." she answered back, stuttering at her words. "I'll go to him then!" Dannie replied with a playful smile.


"Where is she?" Taem asked himself as leaned on his car "damn... is this the right school?" he asked himself as he took his phone and texted Kai "[dude, is this the right place?]"

He frowned as his phone buzzed back "[YES! DAMN IT! ]"

"[but she ain't showing up...]" Taem replied back.

"[dear lord HYUNG, I THNK I KNOW MY SCHOOL! I'M ON A CLASS!]

Taem groaned, tying his hair as he watched people pass him by. A frown formed in his brows as he saw a tall brunnete walking towards him, "Excuse me... but you're the girl from last night right?" he asked as she approached him, "By any chance do you know where is Naeun?"

Dannie smiled as she asked softly, "Oh... yes, are you suppose to meet up?"

"Uh, actually... no." He answered tightly, "I just wanted to meet her and she wasn't answering her phone."

Dannie coed, raked the man with a seductive glare, and nodded "Wait here hotstuff..." Dannie chuckled as she walked towards Naeun and pulled her towards the boy "Don't be nervous, you're effin' pretty Eun!" Dannie scolded as he ushered the smaller girl, "Here!" Dannie giggled as she handed Naeun over.

"H-hi--" Naeun akwardly greeted.

"Are your classes done? Can I ask you out for lunch?" Taem asked with a soft smile.

"Oh, she would love to!" Dannie answered the question, leaving Naeun startled, "and oh don't forget to bring her to the board park!" Dannie said as she chuckled and bowed "Bye guys! Have fun!" Dannie smiled as she walked away, waving her hand as she walked.

Taem smiled playfully "I like your friend there, no wonder she's with Kai..." He chuckled. "Hmm, you know how to use the skate board?" he asked as he held her hand and walked her towards the other side of the car.

Naeun nodded and beamed "Yeah, when I was ten my mom taught me how!"

They both entered the car continuing their conversation, "So, Kai is your cousin right?" Taem asked as he started to ignite the engine.

"Yeah... he is, a distant one though, he's from another planet." she answered with a teasing smile as they drove off "How about you? How did you meet Jongie?" Naeun asked as she stared out the window, watching tthe background move as they drove of the road.

Taem felt amused at his friends nickname "Ahh, Kai is a childhood friend..." he nodded with a smile "We grew up together in Suncheon, before my family left for Seoul, but after a few years it turns out that they own that big house where we met."

"Oh... Suncheon? I've been to their house before. It was a long... long time ago."

"Oh really?" He said dropping the subject before asking Naeun "Where do you wanna eat?"

Naeun immediately  quietend down,"uhhm... a-anywhere y-y-you like..." she said shyly as a thought passes her mind 'lah... how am I taking this easily?' She stared at the boy, studying his features intently; brown eyes, high cheeks, soft look, pink lips, and a very striking chin... damn, I know now why I'm taking this easily. Naeun chuckled while staring at Taemin, making the boy cross his brows.

"What is it? is there something on my face?" he asked, eyes staring the road,  "Ani, I just remembered something..." she reasoned out as she stared back at the road.