CHAPTER 1

Chances are...

Why is it so hard to live?

Why did he even leave us? 

Was I not a good boy?

Am I not enough?

That when I try to love someone wholeheartedly I fail?

Why is it though, that every time I try to be happy, as in geniunely happy, something goes "TERRIBLY" wrong?

Questions I ask every step of the day, questions that always linger in my mind...

Taem sighed and wiped a single tear from his eye as his daydream was cut off by the sound of his phone. The phone had been ringing nonstop, even though he loved his ringtone, it made him scowl. With a sourface he answered "What?" he sneered and lay on his bed, "I don't want to go out tonight, can I not be alone for just two seconds!?" 

The person on the other line answered "Hey! we're waiting for you here! Get your up!"

"But I don't wanna..." he groaned back.

"Gimme' a break hyung, it's just for a while!" the guy answered back "It's my birthday, and hey, there'll be girls here! You might find someone to swing your head!" he chuckled.

"Fine, fine... Don't expect me to be there quick, I need to get ready" He answered back as he closed his phone, groaning as he stood up from his bed, he'd rather stay at home tonight and dance in the kitchen while drunk. "God that kid!" he exclaimed as he rummaged through his closet looking for clothes to wear. He mumbled curses and grunts as he chose and picked his clothes. Once he chose them he curled his hair slightly to give it a little bounce as he walked, all this while walking towards his mirror near the bed.

Taem stared at his body at the mirror, he smiled softly then smirked as his eyes ran from his body. Taem was fine... fine being an understatement, he was actually charming. He has snow white hair, deep dark eyes, a soft and innocent face, broad shoulders, tone biceps and triceps, perfect six  packed abs formed due to his excercising, a very tempting V-line, lean thighs, and slender legs. It just doesn't feel right anymore. When am I going to be happy? He sighed again as he put on his see through shirt, then tied his hair, he then placed his signature spiky earings, as he wears his jogger pants along with his matching draven shoes, lastly he wore his bonnet  then went out of his room.


Taem intentionally left his phone in his room, he now hates the sound of his own ring tone and will be easily irritated with its vibration. He placed his hands in his pockets as he walked down the pavement. He looked up at the sky, spying only a few stars. Kai's house was just a few blocks from his, a five minute walk give or take. Still he sighed "Damn this... why does it have to be so far?"

Taem stifled a laugh as he entered the gate, chuckling as he stares at the grand house, it never failed to amuse him everytime he comes to the place. But he never expected it to be BRIGHT. AS. THE. ING. SUN. There were lights outside, different fairy lights strung in the walls, multi colored disco balls on the lamp post, and huge spotlights pointing at the main archway of the door. He surpressed a laughed, smirking as he passed a drunk guy passed out in the front yard near the fountain, two guys smoking while leaning against the multi-lighted walls,and  a small girl in lace leading a guy towards the back. He entered the house, only to find it looking like a night-club inside. He smirked as he moved forward, taking a drink from a walking waiter the proceeds to walk towards a magnificent staircase. A huge leather couch sits below it where his bestfriend Kai is sitting at the middle with girls on both of his sides. Taem smirked as he approached the couch "You called and left no room for me?" he shook his head lightly as he flashed a smile at the girl near the end of the couch. The girl smiled softly as he scooted over to make space for him.

Kai removing his hands from the shoulders of the girls, clapped slowly "Thank the gods you're here! You made sure you put your make up on right?" He said with a sneer as he placed his hands back to the shoulder of the girls. 

"Why? Haven't you heard of the term fashionably late?" Taem replied with a smirk as he wrapped an arm on the shoulder of the girl, the latter scooting over towards Taemin "Lah! My eyes needs to be perfect before I go anywhere." He then pointed to his eyes "These babies are my ticket to heaven." He said as he sipped from his drink. 

The brunnete besided Kai spoke up "I heard so much about you cutie..." she said smiling sweetly before leaning over to Kai "I'm Dannie, Kai's side-chick" she said with a chuckle. 

"My Main chick, as I would say." Kai said laughing lightly before kissing the brunette in the head. "By the way, hyung... I'd like you to meet someone, so you won't skulk at the bar till someone approaches you." Kai laughed as he removed his arm from the girl on his right, "she's my cousin and schoolmate"

Taemin smiled and looked at girl, "Hey-..." he was stunned before he was able to speak, the girl looked absolutely radiant. She wasn't y beautiful, she looked more like fragile beautiful, sporting a denim jacket over a white hoodie, skaters shirts, fishnets crossing her legs, finishing with black skater shoes. He then woke uo from his stupor, flashing one of his flirty smiles, "Hey, Taemin's the name..." holding out his hand towards the girl.

The black haired girl takes his hand and shakes it lightly "Uhh... H-hi..." She said with a small taut voice stuttering as she speaks.

Taemin chuckled lightly, relaxing his posture and smile "Why is it the first time I see you here? Are you new around here?"

"Uhhm... y-yes..." She stuttred nervously, fidgetting slightly, her face getting a light pink face while looking down.

"Lah, chillax, I'll be your for the night..." his eyes twinkled as he sat properly "Sorry I didn't catch your name? " He said as he sipped from his drink.

"Naeun... b-but my friends call me Eun" She smiled shyly, slowly looking up and facing the brown-eyed boy. "I'm from Osaka, but I-I'm a full pledge Korean!" still stuttering as she spoke, her cheeks puffed slightly as she tried to calm herself down.

Taem chuckled then pinched her cheeks "You're cute when you're nervous..." He smiled as he he felt the girl loosen up around him. He led the girl away from the couch and led her to the bar area, leaving to give Dannie and Kai privacy, and also to get a small privacy of their own.

The night went on, quickly as would anyone have expected, Taemin felt light. Their whole conversation was full of giggles and laughter and he did not feel the need to dance as his mind was already dancing as they talked. The night ended with an exchange of numbers and a short sweet kiss; a score and bonus for Taem.