Sympathy For The Rotten

Among The Trees (King of the Fay)**

So far human school was a bite to Chester, he knew all the answers to most of the test and asassignment. He began to help Ivey pass everything in hope of her graduating early.

While the school work was predictable, the humans that attended were almost interesting to keep him entertained. Teens were irrational children that ran on hormones and peer pressure.

It almost reminded him of how colonies worked back home. 

There was a Queen, King and subjects eager to please. While he was one to talk, he would soon be given the decision to either proper rule ir pass it to an heir when he Attain a suitable mate.

He thought he found one in Ivey, he hoped he was right.

Why would she felt inferior to any of these girls he had no idea, he could seem the insecurity wafting off these teenage humans. They were just as scared of other thought about them as Ivey, he wished he could tell her in hopes of her smile returning.

He noticed that she was only her true self when they were alone or at his house. If he had to suffer this remedial school of human hormones he was going to change a few things.

Today Chester decided to slip back into his home realm while Ivey had maths class. 

It felt insanely good to be home again, he missed spreading his giant wings. He tested a quick mirror spell to watch over Ivy as she did her classwork. When he found it successful he casted another to watch over Ivy's School frenemy.

He watched Shelly with a closed intent to study her and her ways to see why anyone would possibly like such a wretched creature.

The girl was a bully and her cruelty masked her pain but also attracting a golems.

Golems from the dark land loved the smell of desperation and cruelty. The human world was full of it, with its greed and love of themselves. Making themselves a easy target.

The girl was not fascinating in herself but her process was, she was already a level two and the golem lingering around her was greedily sapping her happiness, if he continued Shelly would no linger be able to feel  joy. 

Normally he didn't care about what human do but Shelly was in close contact if Ivey, picking in her. If Ivey grew sad enough, a golem could attach its self to her aura as well. He couldn't bring her back with a golem.

He would have to interfere soon.

Chester stepped back into the human world 5 minutes with his small potion before the bell rang. A hall monitor try to ask him for a hall, Chester waved his hand and the hall monitor sat down forgetting he even saw Chester.

He slipped the small bottle in the pocket and waited out Ivey's class room. When the bell rung he quickly grabbed Ivey's hand and pulled her into a small corner.

"What's all this?" Ivey asked confused

"I have a favor to ask of you, take this vile and pour it Shelly's beverage."

Ivey rightly so scrunched her face up inconfusion. She couldn't understand why he was so interested in hearing something into Shelly's drink but she went along with it and took it from his hands.

"What is it?" She asked

"I'm saving her from a golem. To protect you"

Ivey was really confused now what did Saving Shelly from of gollum have to do with protecting her, it didn't make sense?

Chester could sense her confusion and just hold her he would explain later and that thank you was in order, that he normally never interfered with humans and their lives but he was doing I he was doing Ivey a big favor.

Ivey nodded and slipped it into her pencil case, she would do it this afternoon during lunch she would invite Shelley to her table to have lunch.

At first Shelly was confused when Ivey approached her at half minute break before class. She was even shocked when Ivey invited her to her lunch table to eat, but then she remembered Ivey's cute friend.

In Shelly's mind she figured the boy that clung to Ivey was just shy and playing hard to get. Shelly decided she was up for a challenge so she agreed to eat with them today.
Today she would scoop him and show Ivey she had jus got lucky. That matter what people would always choose her. Who wanted to play with a mouse?

 Before lunch Shelly stopped in the ladie's room to freshen up her makeup and to restyle her hair. While she was gazing at her self in the mirror, she heard faint voices coming from the stalls. Thinking it as nothing she reapplyied her lippie, but she heard it again.

Curious and slightly annoyed Shelly went to stall with the voice, it was almost hypnotizing. As she stook a closer the voices got louder.

"Who's there?" She asked.

No answer but a stiff gust of earth and wind greeted her nose, she didn't question it but them again she didn't really question anything anymore. She wanted to find the voice with a new found urgency. 

As if she was in a trance, she began to open every door with a blind panic. The voices were now I'm her head, whispering.

Shelly screamed at the frustration of the voices and not finding the right stall.

Her lofer clad foot kicked opened the last stall, she smiled from ear to ear.

"Found you" she whispered in a eerie voice.

Ivey and Chester sat at the lunch table, the small bottle in her balled up hands. Shelly was late.

Ivey began doubting the plan, began wondering if Shelly had flaked or was pranking her.

Chester suddenly sensed something, it tickled his nose fircely. He stood up and grabbed Ivey's hand.

"Come with me"

"What's going on?" Ivey asked

"Gollems"

Ivey was confused, what in the worlds was a gollem?

"I guess I miss calculated how rotten her soul was"

"Chester I don't understand"

He looked back at her, "Your about to my darling"

Chester pulled Ivey into the ladies bathroom, there they found Shelly lying on the ground. It looked like she was sleeping to the normal eyes but not to Chester. He could see the small yellow Gollem sitting on her chest. on her life force, the little pest was blind, they all were and couldn't see the two teens standing in the bathroom with him but he could sense they were there.

The gollem hissed at them, their nasty blue tonuges moving up and down. While venom flying at their feet.

"I just heard something" Ivey whispered, she wasn't sure why she was whispering but she knew it was important that she did. Even though she couldn't see what was in the room she could sense it.

"Its a lowly gollem" he whispered back.

"Gollem!?" He voice raised and the Gollem jumped off Shelly's body, getting closer to their feet. Hissing in anger.

Chester police finger to his mouth telling her shush. Ivey nodded, grabbing his free hand looking for strength. She was so scared.

"The bottle I gave you, open the cork and drop the bottle on the ground. Prepare to jump back as soon as you"

Without asking why, Ivey did what she was told and smashed the bottle. She and Chester jumped back.

The gollem froze the moment the liquid touch him.

"Omg is it hurt?" Ivey could suddenly see the small creature frozen in place at her feet. It was almost like it just appeared in front of her.

"Feel no Sympath the Devil" Chester told her.

Chester walked over to Shelly's sleeping body to check to see if she was okay. He then scooped her up and asked Ivey to show him to the infirmary.

When Shelly woke up she wouldn't remember a single thing.

Ivey couldn't believe she actually used harmful magic, the same magic Chester wanted to use on Shelly.

Why would he want to hurt her? Shelly may if not been a good person all the time but she didn't deserve that kind if magic used on her.

There was still so much she didn't know about mister Chester.