2/2

Snowy Wish

After three rides, they spotted the huge Christmas tree that was situated in the center of the theme park. "Let's get our picture taken here!" Sabrina told her siblings excitedly and they granted her request. They were all having the time of their lives even if their parents were not with them to celebrate Christmas for the first time. They just started thinking like Japanese people and have convinced themselves that it was just a normal day.

In the conference room, only the couple were inside. They were still waiting for the businessman that they'll meet and his assistant just left the room. Donghae was trying to remain calm as he sat down, while Jessica was fidgeting with her phone. She left text messages on each of their phones and still got no reply. Her kids were probably on the rides, she thought. After receiving a reply from her eldest son, she immediately called him.

"Austin! Thank God, you replied!" She pressed the speaker button so she and her husband could talk to them.

"Sorry, mom. We were on the rides and we just had our picture taken."

"You kids seems like you're having loads of fun."

"Yeah, dad! We'll go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter soon!" This time, Austin pressed the speaker button. "Guys say hi."

"Hi mom, hi dad!" The three siblings greeted their parents in unison and their parents said hi back at the same time as well

"Have you guys eaten?" Jessica was worried that they'll forget about eating.

"We'll eat later, mom. We're still full from the breakfast that dad made." Alison answered for everyone.

"The meeting hasn't started yet?" It was Spencer's turn to ask.

"Nope. We're still waiting for Mr. Iwamura." Donghae looked at the door and there was still no one.

"With the sound if your voices I'm guessing you were screaming before you called us." She found it funny that her kids' voice were almost raspy.

"We screamed for three rides straight, mom!" Austin laughed after telling his mom what they did.

The door swung open and a Japanese man who looked like he was in his mid-50's walked inside with his secretary. Donghae tapped Jessica and they both stood up.

"Kiddos, we have to go. Mr. Iwamura's here." Donghae said in a quick manner.

"Bye, mom! Bye, dad! Good luck!" The kids were all in unison and ended the call.

"Sorry, sir." The couple apologized and the old man only chuckled. "It's fine."

They shook hands with him before everyone sat down to start with their discussion.

"I'm sorry, but may ask you something?" The old man looked at the couple with a smile.

"Yes, sir," they said in unison

"Who were you talking to on the phone?"


"You guys remember Home Alone 2?" Austin asked them as they looked at the big Christmas tree.

They all nodded, but it was only Sabrina who opened to speak. "Kevin wished on the huge Christmas tree at the Rockefeller Center."

"Of course that was a movie, so his Christmas wish was soon granted." Spencer reasoned.

Alison shrugged. "Who knows if those things happen in real life." The alarm she set on her watch went off and they ran off to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. They set the alarm 20 minutes earlier than the time that they got on the ticket. All of them had so much adrenaline and were actually running, even Alison who hates it so much.


As they were walking after they came from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, they decided that they'll be eating lunch first. Alison's phone was ringing and she pulled it out from her bag. "Guys, it's dad." She answered it and immediately pressed speaker. "Hi, dad! You're on speaker."

"Oh, hey everyone! You're on speaker as well."

"Hi, kids!" It was Jessica's turn to greet them.

"Hi, mom!" They greeted her in unison.

"Mom and I just wanted to check on you, kids. Have you eaten lunch?"

"Not yet. We were just on our way to eat lunch." Sabrina answered.

"Oh, alright. Go to one of the diners on the main street. We had a reservation for you, kids."

"What?! Mom, you guys didn't have to do that!"

"That's the least we can do, Als. Just tell one of the servers that you've got a reservation under Austin's name."

"Yeah, your mom and I feel really bad for not being able to go there with all of you."

They all pushed their feelings of sadness at the back of their minds again.

"Thanks, mom and dad. We're on our way there now. See you later." Austin ended the call and asked her sister to keep her phone.

As soon as they got there, they did what they were told. One of the servers assisted them to a table and they were confused because they were not allowed pay and order food. The server only said that their meal will be delivered to them shortly and just asked them to sit down. They thanked the server for assisting them and just conversed with each other.

"Baby Bri's happy that she's finally big enough to ride roller coasters!" Alison clapped before kissing her baby sister's cheek.

The little girl smirked with her sister's statement. "I told you, guys. I'm no longer a baby," she proudly said to them.

"So after this which ride will we go next?" Austin pulled the map from his bag and laid it on the table.

"Hey what's t-" spencer was cut short when their food arrived on the table and Austin pulled his map. The sisters who sat across from them was shocked that the people who brought their food decided to sit with them.

"Hey w-" again, Spencer wasn't able to finish his sentence when on of servers sat beside him. He looked up to see who it was was and it was their dad. "Dad?!" He looked over to his right and saw that the other one was their mom.

The siblings gave each other confused looks and and gave another look at their parents who sat with them with a smile on each of their faces.  

"Ali, I'm not dreaming, right?" Sabrina asked her sister.

"Nope, baby girl. Me and mommy are really here." He pinched his daughter's cheek and gave a chuckle.

"You were wearing a dress earlier. I think I'm dreaming." Austin said as she looked at the lady on his right, at the corner of the table. He looked at the other end of the table and looked underneath.

Alison did the same thing that her twin did and looked back at his brother. "And he's not wearing slacks. He's also wearing jeans just like her."

Donghae and Jessica found it funny that their kids couldn't believe that they're with them at the moment. They looked at each other from both ends of the table and laughed when their eyes met.

She held each of the twins' wrist before she spoke. "See, I'm real. Daddy's real as well. He even pinched Sabrina's cheek and Spencer poked his hand."

"But how-" Austin was cut off by their father.

"We know what you guys are thinking. Well, the old man that we met earlier walked in the room when we were talking to you guys that's why we hung up, right? He asked me and mommy who we were talking to and she said that we were talking to our kids. I told him that you were in Universal Studios that's why it's a bit loud and told him that it's what you, guys, wanted for Christmas so we granted your wish to celebrate Christmas here."

"Then I told her that me daddy wanted to talk to him to schedule another meeting, but his assistant said that we're not allowed to and he seemed surprised. He scolded his assistant for not telling him anything because he said that he appreciates it even more if the company's big cheese tries to talk to him personally even when it's over the phone because it shows how good they are with business."

"So he fired his assistant for lying to us that he has strict rules about rescheduling a meeting and for not telling him anything about our request to talk to him personally. He apologized to us and we told him that it wasn't his fault and then he had the meeting rescheduled. And he gave us this and asked us to give this to all of you." He took a folded paper from the pocket of his parka and gave it to his kids.

Spencer opened it and it revealed a handwritten note. "It's a note for all of us."

"Read it, Spence."

With his older sister's command, he read the note aloud for his siblings and for his parents to hear.

To the children of Mr. and Mrs. Lee (Austin, Alison, Spencer, and Sabrina);

    Please accept my deepest and most sincere apology for having your parents with me on this very special day for your family, most especially for the four of you. I have rescheduled the meeting and let your parents pick the date of our meeting. Please enjoy this day with your mom and dad and may your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Sincerely,
Mr. Iwamura.

"Wow that old man's really sweet." Spencer commented after reading the letter.

"He even asked your names so he can write that," said Donghae before placing another piece of food in his mouth.

"We should write him a letter, too. Can you and dad give it to him when you meet him again?"

Jessica nodded with a smile on his face before eating.

"Wait, wait. How did you guys change? Did you shop before going here?" Austin asked their parents.

Both Donghae and Jessica shook their heads. "We asked the driver to bring us back to the hotel to change into our casual wear and even told him that he can have the day off and we'll take the subway, but he insisted on bringing us here and staying." Jessica looked at everyone's food and everyone's halfway done and it made her smile because she and her husband can go have fun with their kids.


They rode almost all the rides and only need to go to three more rides before they can repeat wherever they want. They passed by the huge Christmas tree and Sabrina tugged on her sister's hand. "Ali, wait. I think they're gonna light up the tree."

"Guys, wait!" Alison's voice made her whole family stop walking. "Baby Bri's wants to watch the lighting of the tree." The rest of their family went back to where they were standing and kept their eyes glued to the tree.

Donghae scooped his youngest daughter in his arms and carried her to give her a better view. She was the one who wanted to see the tree light up, she deserves to have a better view.

Jessica's eldest daughter is standing beside her and wrapped her arms around her mother, which made her mother look at her with a smile before giving her a kiss on her hair. Alison's only a few inches shorter than her and she won't be surprised if she's gonna have to look up at her because looking at them from afar, it seems like they have the same height. Jessica's other arms were wrapped around her daughter as well and tried to make her feel warm. "Is my baby cold?"

"Kinda."

She only tightened her hug on her daughter to make sure she'll feel warmer.

Austin's arms were wrapped around his 10 year old brother's neck as he stood behind him. 

"Austin, I'm not sure if it's just me, but why do I feel like Kevin McCallister?"

He bent lower and whispered on his brother's ear. "You made a wish on that tree, didn't you?"

"I just tried it because I saw it in the movie."

"It's alright, buddy. I also did the same thing."

"You probably thought that 'hey, let's see if this thing works' then you gave it a shot because it worked for Kevin, right?"
 
He chuckled and nodded before nodding his younger brother's hair. "I'm pretty sure your wish was granted, right?"

Spencer nodded and looked up at his older brother. "What about you?"

He nodded with a smile before looking back at the tree.

When the tree lit up, everyone who gathered around clapped, including the family who stopped to watch the tree's lighting. Sabrina kept clapping in as her father held her and her parents and her sibling looked at her. Her face was lit up, much brighter than the  hundreds of lights that was surrounding the tree and this made her family smile. Alison looked at her twin and waited for him to look at her. They were using their twin telepathy to communicate with each other. When Alison raised her eyebrow after nodding, Austin nodded and chuckled and his twin had both of her eyebrows raised before she laughed.

"Did Ali do the same thing?" Spencer asked his brother, noticing the conversation between the twins.

He nodded while laughing to answer his brother's question and started walking with the rest of the family to the next ride that they're going to.


The drive back to the hotel was noisy. The kids couldn't stop laughing and their parents were laughing along as they reminded each other of the event that occurred earlier. When they left their belongings in the locker where it was really crowded, Spencer was panicking because he couldn't find her siblings or her parents. There was a man whose jacket looked so identical to her father's so he took the man's hand and and mistook it as Donghae. When they found Spencer, he was almost in tears and her sister was able to take a picture of it. He ran to Jessica and screamed "MOMMY" when he found her.

They all ate a sandwich for dinner in their suite after getting cleaned up and changing into their pajamas. They wore identical onesies and took a family picture after eating. After a few more laughs and stories, the parents tucked their kids in their respective rooms before going to the master bedroom.

"Als, that tree looked pretty, right?"

The two sisters were facing each other on their separate beds. She nodded to her little sister's question.

"Als, can I tell you a secret?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"I made a wish on that tree just like Kevin in Home Alone 2."

She expected for her baby sister to do such thing, but she widened her eyes to act surprised. "Really?!" She received a nod from the little girl and whispered. "I'll tell you a secret; I also made a wish on the tree."

Sabrina gasped in shock. She didn't expect her teenage sister to do such thing. "You did?!"

Alison nodded with a smile. "Wanna hear another secret?" 

The little girl nodded with her eyes widened.

"The boys wished on the tree as well."

As if her eyes weren't widened enough, Sabrina tried to make them larger. "What?! Really?!"

"Yeah, let's go ask them."

The sisters barged into their brothers' room and the youngest jumped on her eldest brother's bed. "Austin, Austin! You wished on that tree?!"

Austin looked at his twin at disbelief, mentally asking her why she told such info to their baby sister. Alison just shrugged and smiled at him, saying that it's okay through her mind. "Yes, as a matter of fact, I did. Spencer did the same thing as well."

The youngest looked at his other brother and he just gave s thumbs up. Alison was seated on Spencer's bed and smiled with everyone's confession.

"See, told you." Alison was still smiling and everyone was laughing and she suddenly brought up what happened to Spencer again.

"But wait," Spencer spoke up from the humiliation he received from his siblings. "Christmas miracles really do come true. I mean, the three of us were not even serious about wishing on that tree and only tried to be some lost boy in New York jokingly."

"Because even if we weren't that sincere about it, that's what we really wanted." Austin explained.

"There's still Christmas magic for everyone, I suppose." Alison smiled and asked her brother to move.


"Can you believe that the tears that were about to fall out from my eyes earlier were tears of sadness and when they came out, it was the opposite." Jessica was still smiling from ear to ear.

"I didn't expect for Mr. Iwamura to be that considerate." He smiled as he remembered what happened in the conference room.

"You heard what we said earlier. He's a parent as well and he can tell that we're the best parents for our children."

They were facing each other as they laid on their bed, both were smiling because of today's events.

"I was scared that they'll hate us for not being with them."

"But, thanks to my phone call to one of the twins, we got released!"

Donghae kissed Jessica and just caressed her cheek. "I love you, do you know that?"

She nodded with a smile. "You always tell me. Every moment that you get. And I love you even more." She gave him a kiss and smiles as she pulled away.

"See, we don't need a mistletoe."

"No, we don't. And I also realized that we don't need to be kids again to experience Christmas magic."

Donghae was still smiling. "I know. Our wish to be with our kids today was granted."

Jessica nodded and covered to hide her yawn.

"Go to sleep now. You're tired. We're still gonna have another family adventure tomorrow." He kissed her forehead before kissing her on the lips. "Good night, love."

"Good night, fishy. Merry Christmas." She was already sleepy.

"Merry Christmas." He wrapped his arm around her waist before closing his eyes and going to dreamland.


The sisters weren't able to go back to their rooms and chatted with their brothers until they lost all the energy that they could. Austin reminded them that they should go to bed because everyone was tired today and they're still going to explore Japan tomorrow.

Everyone in their family thought that this was going to be their family's worst Christmas ever because they won't be able to celebrate as a family, but they were all wrong. They all wished for the same thing and didn't ask for anything else, but only wanted to be with their family.

They all learned that they don't need to be children to believe in the magic of Christmas. All they need to do is figure out their hearts' real desire and it will be given to them.

 

 


 

 

Author's note: I hope you guys liked this one! Please don't forget to comment and let me know what you guys think about this oneshot :) btw, this is based on a true story (my 12 year old uncle and I were the Lee sibs and his dad was on a meeting and we were surprised to see my granddad with my mom and aunts holding chilidogs for us in the main street). I hope you liked my gift! Merry Christmas, everyone! :)