First Meeting…. Destiny? Or Bad Omen?

Our Merry Go Round

“not again… she is late again… why onnie always come late? Daddy, can we just eat ice cream first and come back to pick onnie up later? I really want to eat ice cream…”

I started whining to my dad who just sitting behind the steer wheel and looking at his phone. “Yoona, let’s just wait a little bit. Onnie is in her 2nd year now, she need to prepare for her university exam next year. So we have to support her, ok? I’m sure she also wants to eat some ice cream” I just keep staring at my dad and give him my puppy look.

 “Or you can go and look for her, if you want but…” before my dad finish his sentence I just run to find my onnie. Don’t judge me wrong, I love my onnie  but I just love ice cream more. And she is late (again), I don’t understand why only her class that finish late the other class already come out like 20 minutes ago. And the corridor is full with students who just finish the class or waiting for their class to begin but still no sign of my sister.

“Ok… Yoona you can do it. Just wait in front of her classroom. Don’t stare at other people unless you hear onnie voice” I keep repeating those words in my head, honestly I’m kinda afraid of meeting stranger so it’s better to just stay in the car and wait for her but my love for ice cream just make me impatient(again). And right now I’m standing in front of her classroom door waiting for her

 “Ok, is there any question? No? Then read chapter 7 for tomorrow class and do question number 20 to 45 because last year those questions came up in the test. Class dismissed”

“O, look who come?  Mini Yoora” I heard someone saying that and I keep looking at the floor

“mini yoora,right? Ya! Im Yoora! Your sister comes” the same voice calling my onnie name

 “Ya! Park jungso. Stop teasing my sister” I heard my onnie voice and start running to her side.

 “onnie…” I said with a small voice and hide behind onnie back

“ooo, mini Yoora has a beautiful voice, can you just say ‘Jungso Oppa, hi’?”

that boy whose name should be Park Jungso keep talking to me and I just stare at my onnie

“Ya, stop it! You scared her. My sister name is Yoona. Stop disturb her and call her mini Yoora. She is afraid of stranger, especially an ugly stranger like you”

 “auch, that hurt. Ya! Im Yoora! Can’t you just be nice to me?  I’m not that ugly and who knows someday I might marry your sister and become your brother in law” that boy just keep staring and smiling at me.

He’s not that ugly actually especially if he smiling like that but still…. my voice can’t come out in front of him or I can’t even smile

“hahaha, in your dream. Yoona, let’s go. Daddy already waiting right?” onnie grab my hand and we go out from the classroom.

“aigoo, why you have to wait for me in front of the classroom? Look how cold your hands and it’s not even winter” “onnie~ I want to eat ice cream…” I gave her my puppy eyes and she start laughing

“aigoo, uri yoona is back.If you can just speak like you speak to me and dad, I’m sure right now you already have more admirer than Jimin”

 “Onnie~ I don’t need admirer. I only need ice cream… ah and cheese cake ….and sundaes…. and milkshakes… and last but not least,2 cupcakes for desert” and onnie just laughing harder while opening the car door.

 “Yoora, how’s today class?”

 “class is ok,dad. But its not as interesting as eating ice cream with this little food monster”

“onnie~ I’m not food monster…” my dad and onnie laughed at the same time and we go to our favorite restaurant to eat dinner.

Later that night, I come to my onnie room. “onnie~”

“O, come in” she’s still in her desk and doing her assignment.

 “onnie~ can you come to our school athletics tournament? Daddy can’t come because he have to go to Japan.”

 “When is it?”

 “15 may. 2 weeks from now. Please~” I showed her my sad face start begging “because if only aunt Mirae come alone again, the kids will start to tease me again”

 “wait, I’ll check it first… hmm… 15 may,right?” I start nodding my head  “Ok, I’ll go but…”  I hugged her even before she can finish her sentence “Ya! Im Yoona! I’m not finish yet. I’ll go but don’t ask me to bring 10 lunchbox like 2 years ago, ok?” I just nodding my head and smilling.

 “onnie~ onnie know how much I love onnie right?”

“aigoo~ who taught  you to be this cheesy? Just sleep now. And wake up early tomorrow”

“Yes, madam Im Yoora” I hugged her again and run back to my room.

 I come back to my room and hugging prince, my little chihuahua, “Prince, you know? Today I ate 3 pint cups of chocochips ice cream. It’s feels like I’m in heaven, you know how it feels right?”

Prince just stare at me like I just lost my mind “Ah. I forgot to ask onnie, who is that weird boy in her class and how could he know me… should I ask onnie now, prince?”

 prince barking at me like he’s giving his affirmation. “Ok, I’ll go to onnie room. You stay here ok?”

I leave my room and go to onnie room again “onnie~”I opened the door and she already at her bed.

“Onnie~ Onnie~ Onnie~you can’t sleep now~” I put my best baby voice to wake my onnie up

“Aigoo~ Im Yoona. Why?”

 “Onnie~ that boy in your class room, how could he know my name? it’s my first time meeting him and yet he know that I’m your sister and called me mini yoora”

 “Oho~ uri yoona is curious about a boy”onnie start giggling and teasing me

 “Onnie~ I’m serious. It’s just scary you know? I just met him today and he said that I might marry him in the future”

“hahaha it’s his way of teasing. He speak like that to every little girl that he meets.he also said the same thing to heechul sister, Jessica, and heechul almost punched him in the face.”

I just stare at my onnie, trying to give her my best deathly stare

“Oooo ok, his name is park jung so, he is my classmate in the academy. And…”

“And…”

”And he knew your face because my phone strap is our picture, see?” onnie showed me her phone strap it’s our picture in the amusement park.

“ooo, I see.”

“Why? You like him? Oho… uri yoona… he is too old for you” 

“onnie, stop it. It’s not funny. I just  curious on how could he know me” I started pouting so that my onnie stop her teasing.

 “ok, I’ll stop. But you need to sleep now. Or you can’t wake up early tomorrow for morning mass. Good night yoona~”

 “good night onnie~” and I go back to my room.

 

 

 

“Yoona~ let’s draw teacher face in the blackboard”

Jimin gives me the chalk and I start to draw my homeroom teacher face with his big nose and laughing together with Jimin.

 “Mini Yoora? You’re here again”

huum? That voice. Why is he here?? Its my school not onnie institute. And I turn around. There he is smiling at me and showing his dimples.

I look around for Jimin. I want to hide behind her. But Jimin is not here.

“ah, your name is Yoona right? My name is jung so. Park jung so.” He still talking to me and still smiling but not moving at all.

“don’t be afraid. I won’t hurt you. I just want to talk. I will keep my distance from you..” He walked 5 steps away from me.

 “see? is it ok now?” and I nod.

“can you call my name? just say hello?” I just stared at him

 “a…. an…anyeong haseyo” and he smile brighter and trying to say something

But…

 

 

 “ YOONA! IM YOONA!”

“IM YOO.NA! Earth to Yoona! ”

I heard my onnie voice and i feel that she is shaking my body. I opened my eyes.

 “onnie~” I hug her immediately.

 “why? What’s wrong? Are you having a nightmare? It’s ok. Onnie is here.”

Should I tell her that first time in my life, I dream about someone that I only met once and speaking to him in my dream? But if I do that she will tease me again all day.

“I’m ok onnie~ it’s just another bad dream. I’ll get ready now, it’s almost the time for morning mass right?”

“yup. And if you late again, aunt mirae will giving you a long lecture about time management. So get ready now. I’ll prepare your breakfast so that you can eat it in the car”

 I wake up from my bed. And remind myself that I have to keep it a secret from my onnie and to tell Jimin tomorrow, early in the morning.

“Daddy, can we go to the shopping mall now? I need a drawing book for tomorrow class. Please~ Please~” not long after we drive away from the church, I start to beg him

“how about we go to the bookstore in our neighborhood? It’s nearer and we can just walk there.” My dad start to bargain with me

“but~ onnie also needs new pair of sneakers~ right onnie?” I start to ask help from onnie

 “yeah, I need that. But I think yoona needs to go to the new patisserie that opened yesterday at the shopping mall” she just grin at me

 “daddy please~ I need drawing book and onnie needs new sneakers. A little trip to the patisserie won’t hurt too right?”I put on my best puppy eyes

 “ok, let’s just go to the shopping mall” dad finally agree while laughing so hard.

I already bought my drawing book with new crayon sets and brand new bag as an addition. And right now is onnie turn to buy her running shoes and then we can go to the new patisserie. Just thinking about the pastries and cakes makes me smile.

“Ya Im yoora!” that voice again… and I start hiding behind my onnie

“ooo,park jung so. You’re looking for new sneakers, too?”

“O, since its may and the school sport competition in around the corner. I need to change my sneakers in order to won the race” he answer my onnie question but looking straight at me while smiling

“yah, it’s no use to change your sneakers. Your stamina it’s the problem. And stop looking at my sister. I told you yesterday, she’s afraid of stranger and she doesn’t like you”

“aaa… why… she like me. Can’t you see it? Right, yoona? You will grown up and marry oppa,right?” he smile at me again