ONE

Bounty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a month since the incident and my mind was being fed with memories each day. It was weird because I managed to gain back memories from when I was just an infant. Ricky was long gone so as the village that I believed I grew up in. The 5 years I spent with ‘Sehun’ was a week.

 

 

No one died but the assailants and Ricky – well we didn’t exactly know if evaporating into black flames in a blink of an eye was considered dying or not but we figured it was better to think they’re dead.  I mean, if their boss is the type of person to hold their families as hostages that does hint that their master is unforgiving doesn’t it?

 

 

There was that idea and the possibility of their big boss killing off their family members one by one to discipline them. Oh and by ‘we’ I meant my father and me. A lot had happened in one month – I met the one family left in this world and gained friends; actual friends.

 

 

 I stepped away from the gushing flames and felt the hair on my neck standing from the voice that whispered in my ears. Whoever’s voice that belonged to; it was there. My ears felt the warm breath that swept over it and my gut told me it was anything but a hallucination.

 

 

I was the daughter of a celebrity witch, anything deemed possible.

 

 

“Alistair,” The man my mind knows as father called “You’re Clare’s – I mean, our daughter right?” I sighed and stood rooted to the ground. I didn’t know how to face him; we were both weary as if it was all just a hoax to lure us into … anything bad. I pictured turning around and hugging the man I had never thought I could meet yet alone have.

 

 

“I – “ like what I pictured, did just that. Turning on my heels, I lunged towards him whereas he opened his arms and held me in his embrace “Oh god, If I knew you were alive I would’ve found you sooner,” he sniffled – something that would’ve taken a lot out of his pride already “I’m so sorry – my daughter, I’m so sorry.” I squeezed him tighter and I heard the man fake a wheeze before tightening his grip around me too.

 

 

Soon enough the whole pack joined in and it was the first in all my years that I had felt arms in different sizes, different muscle mass, and different hair ratio with all the warmth radiating from them. The young men howled in delight as they saw me whilst the older ones patted my father and congratulated me.

 

 

It felt as if this was a parade that I missed when I was just born – when my uncles and people close to my family were to cheer upon my debut in life; what me and my mom should’ve been greeted with after her labor. That night, I hoped that by some chance she was also included in that mountain of arms draped across, under, and over dad and me. One of the pack members started to howl and the rest followed while I hugged my father as tight as I could.

 

 

I would cherish this the most as it was different from the rogue life I lived all this while before the incident. Though the happiness subsided when I felt a pair of eyes staring daggers behind my back – I knew well whom it could’ve been but I kept my mouth shut. I just hoped that it was a time where my dad and my mind weren’t linked.

 

 

“Dude, the food won’t make its way by itself.” Kyungsoo – the beta’s son – bumped my shoulder with his playfully as he chided me for spacing off. I realized I was facing off but I didn’t know it took me eons of spacing out – my father was leaning against the door as he shook his head in disapproval jokingly “Come on you cubs, time to let us old folks know you wont starve the pack with the rate you guys are working in.”

 

 

I shook my head at my dad “Are you all a bunch of babies who has to have their food served?” He grinned at me “Nope, I’m just an old man that enjoys my daughters cooking. “ I snorted, “ You mean Aunt May’s cooking. “ My dad faked a whimper “All this time you’ve been lying to your poor old pop.” It was a wonder how this goof could even be serious enough to think about having a kid, let alone marry a woman. Another wonder was how dad and me were perfectly synced as if we weren’t separated for the last 18 years.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter