Suspicious

Help From Cupid

"Hakyeon-ah, you can come out now," Taekwoon called with a sigh. It's been ten minutes since Wonsik had left and Hakyeon refused to come out of he closet. "Wonshik's gone."

There was no answer.

Taekwoon left eye twitched in annoyance. "I have the key, you know."

Still no answer.

He huffed in frustration and began pounding on the door.

"YAH, CHA HAKYEON GET THE HELL OUT OF--oof!" Taekwoon let out a yelp as he fell on his rear. The door had opened suddenly and had hit him. Behind the door was a grim-faced Hakyeon.

"I'm out," the Koi said curtly. Taekwoon's eyebrows furrowed.

"You seem pissed," he commented. Hakyeon only glared at him before walking away to the kitchen. Taekwoon scratched his head in confusion. "Did I do something?"

The Koi only ignored him.

"Look, I'm sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have yelled at you--even if it was through my mind. It was wrong too insult your wings. I'm sorr--"

"No, I should be sorry," Hakyeon cut off, back still facing Taekwoon. "I shouldn't have judged Wonsik-ssi like that. I'm sorry."

Then, the Koi turned around with a small smile on his face, his hand raised for Taekwoon to shake. "Truce?"

"Truce." Taekwoon smiled back at him--the first real smile that he'd shown the Koi--and shook his hand. Just as they separated their hands, a loud beeping came from Hakyeon's pocket and the Koi hurriedly grabbed the beeping device: his phone.

"You have a phone?" Taekwoon asked. Hakyeon only shrugged before answering the call.

"Hello?"

Silence followed before Hakyeon's face brightened considerably and he let out a cheerful, "Sanghyukie!"

Taekwoon raised his eyebrow at this. Hakyeon noticed Taekoon staring at him weirdly but he only waved at him dismissively.

"How are you?"

"I'm good, hyung," Sanghyuk answered from the other line. "How about you? Is the mission going well? I'm sorry for leaving you to do my mission. The girl wasn't even that hot..."

"HAH! TOLD YOU SO--Oh, wait, Sanghyuk-ah, before we talk about that, I think you should meet the mission," Hakyeon said through the phone. He looked at Taekwoon and gave him a thumbs up before he he tapped on the screen a couple of times and showed it to the human.

"Here you go!" On the tiny screen was a shirtless man, wet blonde hair messily splayed against his forehead, a towel draped on his shoulder as his oddly colored eyes stared at the screen with delight. Taekwoon noticed that the man had two different eye colors--blue for the left eye and purple for the right. Was this man a Koi as well? Taekwoon wondered.

"Oh, hi there!" The man exclaimed, waving enthusiastically. "I'm Sanghyuk! I was going to be your Koi but I had an... emergency to attend to--"

Sanghyuk was cut off by a loud snort from Hakyeon. "Oh please, Sanghyuk-ah, that was no emergency."

"SSSSHHH HE DOESN'T NEED TO KNOW THAT, HYUNG."

"Uhm... I'm right here..." Taekwoon mumbled.

"Ah right, sorry," Sanghyuk said sheepishly. "You're Wonsik, right?"

"Oh, no, my name is Taekwoon. How do you know about--"

"HAHAHA OH SANGHYUK YOU IDIOT, ALWAYS MAKING MISTAKES!" Hakyeon cut in, laughing nervously. "Don't mind him, Taekwoon-ah."

Sanghyuk's eyes furrowed. "Hyung, you've got the wrong perso--"

"OH WHAT'S THAT? SORRY, WE'RE GOING THROUGH A TUNNEL--TUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!" And with that, Hakyeon ended the video call and snatched his phone away, quickly stuffing it back in his pocket.

"We aren't going through a tunnel," Taekwoon pointed out. Hakyeon shrugged.

"He doesn't need to know that."

"Why'd you do that?"

"Because."

"Because?"

"Just because."

"You're acting very suspicious."

"What--me? No! Of course not."

"Yup, suspicious."

"I'm not!"

"You sure are."

"I'm not suspicious."

"Nope," Taekwoon said. "You're extremely suspicious."

"I'm not!"

"Tch."

~X~

Taekwoon could hear Hakyeon's muffled voice from the other side of the door. He didn't mean to eavesdrop. He just happened to be passing by the door to Hakyeon's room when he heard the Koi's serious voice talking with someone on the phone.

It had surprised him, really. Taekwoon never thought Hakyeon could sound so serious. The topic was obviously very important and he probably shouldn't be listening but he couldn't help it. What could make the Koi sound so scary?

"Sanghyuk-ah, give me a chance!" Taekwoon flinched at Hakyeon's loud demand. "I'll take responsibility if anything happens. But I need you to keep quiet for now."

Taekwoon could hear footsteps nearing the door and he quickly scrambled to the kitchen. He grabbed an empty glass and pretended to drink from it as Hakyeon exited his room.

"I'll talk to you later, Sanghyukie." Hakyeon sighed and shoved his phone back in his pocket. The Koi made his way to the kitchen as well.

"Hi, Taekwoon-ah," Hakyeon greeted weakly as he looked for a drink as well.

"Hey," Taekwoon greeted back, trying hard not to let his concern show. "You okay?"

Hakyeon nodded and gave a small, fake smile. "I'm good."

~X~

oooooh 
Hakyeon's hiding something...
ooooooh

and would ya look at that
I updated again!
huehuehuehue

also
is it bad
that i listened 
to hyuk's cover of Love Yourself 
for 5 straight hours yesterday?
and yes i am still listening to it
huehuehuehue

Thanks for reading~! Comments are very much appreciated! ^_^