Cha Hakyeon

Help From Cupid

"Hakyeon-ah, get your off of my bed, you lazy fish-face."

"But Taekwoon--"

"Hakyeon-ah,"

"Taekwoon--"

"Hakyeon-ah."

"Fine! I'll go make breakfast." Hakyeon huffed, making his way to kitchen. Taekwoon rolled his eyes. What a pain.

It's been one day. One long, exhausting day since Hakyeon had randomly appeared in his bedroom, introducing himself as a Koi--the immortal protector of love and affection but a mere helper to the Angels.

And in that one day, Hakyeon had not done anything to help him at all.

"Taekwoon-ah, we're out of milk!" Taekwoon heard Hakyeon scream from the kitchen.

With a sigh, Taekwoon yelled back, "I'll get some later after work. Just make some bread or something."

"Got it!"

Taekwoon glanced at the clock and cursed under his breath. 6:53 A.M. He had about thirty minutes to get to work and he was yet to finish changing. He sighed. Let's just get this over with.

~X~

"YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME HERE, TAEKWOON-AH, I'LL BE SO BORED!" Hakyeon screeched, looking like he was about to cry. He lay on the floor, face practically glued to the ground as he tightened his grip on Taekwoon's leg.

Taekwoon scoffed. "I have a job too, fish-face. Go watch TV or something. It's not like I can bring you to work with me." He struggled to get his leg loose from Hakyeon's iron grip. "Now please let go of me."

"But what if you can bring me with you?"

"I can't."

"I'll find a way!"

"No."

"But--"

"No."

"YAH, AT LEAST LET ME FINISH A SENTENCE!" Hakyeon snapped. Taekwoon only shrugged before kicking the poor Koi. Hakyeon grunted and released his hold on Taekwoon. Before he could say anymore, Taekwoon was already out the door.

"What a douche," Hakyeon grumbled as he stared at the locked door, an idea slowly forming in his mind.

~X~

"Hyung!"

Before Taekwoon could even step foot in the restaurant, he was engulfed by a familiar pair of arms. Smiling softly, he wrapped his arms around Wonshik's torso, wanting to let this feeling of being in the younger's arms forever.

Unfortunately, the moment was stopped short as Wonshik pulled away.

"Hyung, are you okay now?" He asked. Taekwoon nodded.

"I'm good now. Although my head hurts just a tiny bit."

"Oh, is it because of the cold?"

"...yeah," Taekwoon lied. Truthfully, he blamed the Koi for his never-ending headache. Hakyeon was quite the pain in the . "Anyway, where's boss? I need to thank him."

Wonshik pointed over to Jiyoung's office where the boss had often spent his mornings and nights. Taekwoon excused himself and headed towards the office. He knocked on the door twice and entered when he heard a barely audible "come in!"

"Hey, boss," Taekwoon greeted quietly. Kwon Jiyong turned in his seat and grinned at Taekwoon.

"Taekwoon-ah!" he said cheerfully. "I see you're back on your feet. Did you get enough rest?"

"Yes, boss," Taekwoon answered. "Plenty. Thank you, by the way."

"Oh, it's no problem! I wanted Youngbae and the others to work more anyway," Jiyong said, laughing. "Those lazy asses sure are a pain."

Taekwoon chuckled before excusing himself to start working. He worked mainly in the kitchen, although he would sometimes be forced to interact with customers when they were low on waiters. Taekwoon wasn't exactly the most sociable person. He would often end up serving with his head down and his voice low, coming off as shy and quiet--which weren't the qualities a waiter would usually have. But apparently the ladies loved him regardless so he usually served the female customers.

Sighing, Taekwoon quietly put his apron on. Today was surely going to be a pretty long day.

~X~

"YOU'RE BAAAAAACK!"

Taekwoon flinched as a body collided with his and pulled him in for a bear hug. What was it with people and hugging him before he can step inside?

"Yup. I'm back. Now get your hands off me, Fish-face." Taekwoon grunted. Hakyeon pouted but obliged anyway.

"You could've at least hugged me back," Hakyeon grumbled, glaring at the younger. Taekwoon only rolled his eyes.

"Did you break anything when I was gone?"

"Wow, you're not even gonna ask how my day went? Cold, Taekwoon-ah, cold."

"Ugh, just tell me if you broke something or not."

"I didn't!"

"Good," Taekwoon said and headed towards his bedroom. Hakyeon followed closely.

"Yah, why are you following me?" Taekwoon asked, raising his eyebrow.

Hakyeon shrugged. "I have nothing else better to do."

"Why don't you make a plan or something for your mission?" Taekwoon suggested. "I mean, that is what you came here for, right?"

"Well, you see, before I actually start, I need to meet the guy first," Hakyeon explained.

"How do you know it's a guy?"

"Have I mentioned that I can read hearts?" Hakyeon asked sarcastically. "Oh, right. Maybe like a million times! And besides that, it's totally obvious that you're gay--"

The doorbell rang.

"Hyung, you there?"

"," Taekwoon swore under his breath and motioned for Hakyeon to be quiet. The older nodded and silently tip-toed his way to the far end of the room where he was farthest away from the door. Quickly, Taekwoon made his way to the door and nervously opened it just a tad but for him to slip his head through.

"Uhm, hi, hyung," There stood Wonshik, beaming at him while he held up a small bag filled with what he could only guess as treats.

"H-hey, Wonshik-ah," Taekwoon greeted, chuckling nervously. "What brings you here?"

"Oh, I wanted to visit you. Sorry, I should've called first. I just wanted to surprise you." Wonshik explained, smiling sheepishly.

Well, you definitely surprised me, Taekwoon thought. He contemplated whether or not he should let the younger in. If he found out about the Koi that had decided to crash in his home for the past few days, how would he react? What if Wonshik gets a heart attack? What if he gets the wrong idea? What if--

"Well, uh, can I... can I go inside?" Wonshik asked, snapping Taekwoon out of his thoughts.

"NO!" Taekwoon blurted out but then cleared his throat. "I-I mean, no. My, uh... my apartment's a mess. You see, there was this... cat that managed to sneak in the other night and, uh, trashed the whole place so... you can't come in..." Taekwoon glanced at the younger, hoping that he had bought the stupid attempt at an improvisation.

Technically, he hadn't really lied to Wonshik, Taekwoon reasoned to himself. Hakyeon, despite being the fish-face that he was, had acted like a stray cat and messed up his apartment.

And my whole life too, Taekwoon added.

"Oh, really? I'll help you clean then!" Wonshik suggested. Taekwoon's eyes widened.

"No! It's... it's fine. Thanks for offering but it's fine!"

"Hyung, I insist," Wonshik said as he opened the door wider. "Now let me see the mess."

Crap. Taekwoon knew he had to think of something and quick. Wonshik cannot find out about Hakyeon no matter what.

Just as Wonshik managed to get the door fully open, something clicked in Taekwoon's brain.

Hakyeon could read minds.

Panicked, he quickly screamed in his head, Hakyeon-ah, Hakyeon-ah, HAKYEON-AH! Yah, you Fish-face, you better be listening! You need to hide, got it? Hide in the closet or something--I don't care. Just HIDE!

~X~

What's up? How's life? Is it nice? I hope it's nice. I'm sorry I didn't update any sooner. This past week... has been stressful. Too stressful, tbh. It's been getting rough and increasingly tiring *^* But it'll get better! 
Oh, right! Here's the QOTC: 

What's the highlight of your week?

For me, the highlight of my week is the time I get to watch my favorite show Running Man or fangirl with absolutely no interruptions! It rarely happens these days but when it does, ITS LIKE LIIIIIIIFE~ 
Anywho, I should go now, huh? BAIBAIBAIBAIBAI!!!!

Thanks for reading~! Comments are very much appreciated! ^_^