Who Are You?

Help From Cupid

There was something about Wonshik's smile that always made his heart skip a beat; something about his eyes that always left him breathless; something about his mere presence that made his knees go weak. Taekwoon would never admit it, but he was hopelessly, oh, so hopelessly in love with Kim Wonshik.

But does Wonshik know? No. Wonshik doesn't need to know, Taekwoon always thought. He probably doesn't want to know either. Because after being best friends for nine years, Taekwoon had no intention of ruining that just because he had a small, harmless crush on Wonshik.

Oh, who was he kidding? He was absolutely head-over-heels for the younger but... he had absolute no chance whatsoever.

Taekwoon groaned, burying his head in his pillow as he laid on his bed, phone in hand, a text typed halfway that was planned to be sent to Wonshik. Even after nine years of friendship, he still never knew what to say to the younger at times--much less if he should start a conversation himself. What if he comes off as clingy and desperate for attention? What if Wonshik doesn't answer? What if--

As if on cue, Taekwoon's phone dinged, indicating that he had a message. Immediately, he sprung up and checked his phone. Was it Wonshik?

No. He let out a disappointed sigh. It was just his boss telling him that he can take the day off tomorrow and rest. He had called in sick today after waking up with a massive headache and a runny nose. He thanked the heavens that his boss, Kwon Jiyong, was an understanding guy.

After quickly sending a reply of "yes, sir. thank u," he placed his phone on his nightstand and buried his face in his pillow once again. He just hoped that his pillow won't be covered in snot by tomorrow.

I wonder what he's doing now, Taekwoon thought, thoughts drifting to Wonshik once again. Oh right, he's at work, probably working his off double because of me. Although he was more than thankful that he got the day off, he felt bad since that meant that Wonshik and the others had to work even more.

The two shared the same workplace: a small restaurant a few minutes from their apartment building. They didn't share an apartment (although, Taekwoon wouldn't really complain if they did) but lived in the same apartment building. They were practically attached to the hip, so it wasn't much of a surprise when Taekwoon started developing feelings for Wonshik.

It started out as a small crush when they were only freshmen. The thought of falling for his best friend, the same one he had met over a year ago who had passed every single one of his classes despite being the youngest in their grade, had practically mortified him. Thinking that it was just one of those random four-months-only crushes, Taekwoon decided to ignore it.

Until, of course, Junior year--Taekwoon also ignored the fact that it was more than four months--when Wonshik had told him about liking this girl named Park Eunhye. It hurt especially when Wonshik had asked him for advice and some date ideas--all of which were the same ideas he had (unintentionally) thought of for him and Wonshik. Great, Wonshik liked his ideas. But he wasn't going with him. And that hurt him more than he expected.

So here he is now, his head in his pillow with a headache and a runny nose, dreaming and hoping and wishing that something--anything would happen.

But not all dreams and hopes and wishes come true.

Taekwoon jumped in surprise as his phone rang loudly, adding onto the pain in his head. He groaned but quickly reached for his phone and was surprised when he saw the Caller ID. It read Wonshikkie.

"Hello?" he said through the phone.

"Taekwoon-hyung!" Wonshik greeted happily from the other line, although he sounded a bit out of breath. "How are you?"

"I'm okay," Taekwoon answered, glad that Wonshik had actually called him. "What about you? You sound like you just ran a whole marathon."

Wonshik laughed. "Boss told me you were sick, so I wanted to call you since I'm on break but I left my phone at home and Youngbae-hyung-nim was using the phone at the restaurant so I ran to the nearest phone booth," he explained. "You know, you'd think they'd place a phone booth somewhere closer to a restaurant that had lots of people but noooo. It's like a million miles away!"

"What are you talking about? The phone booth is right on your left when you exit the restaurant."

"...what?"

"Phone booth. To the left." Taekwoon said slowly but then smirked. "You walked right, didn't you?"

Taekwoon heard a crash and a barely audible "oh my gosh, I'm such an idiot...," and chuckled. Wonshik might be an idiot, but Taekwoon was more than grateful for his effort to check on him.

"Yah, don't break the phone booth,"

"...too late."

"Wonshik-ah!"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" Wonshik let out another laugh. "But seriously, hyung, do you need me to buy you medicine or anything? Is it really bad? Maybe you're getting the flu or something--"

"Whoa, calm, Wonshik-ah, calm," Taekwoon chuckled. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me and-and-and--ACHOO!"

"Yah, how can I not worry about you when you're sick?" Wonshik said, voice laced with worry. Taekwoon sniffled and rolled his eyes but he was overjoyed that the younger worried for him.

"I'm okay, okay? Now go back to work before Daesung-hyung-nim kicks your ."

Wonshik chucked. "Alright, alright. Call me--well, the restaurant if you need anything!" he said before hanging up.

Taekwoon let out a contented sigh. The younger was always such a worrier but so sweet and so kind. But he guessed it was just because they were friends. Of course Wonshik would worry about him if he was sick. They were friends.

And Taekwoon feared that that was all they ever will be.

~X~

Hakyeon crossed his arms with a pout, grumbling as he sat on the roof of an apartment building, letting his legs dangle below him. His day was by far the worst this week, especially since his drama marathon was so suddenly interrupted because of an unscheduled mission.

"That idiot, Sanghyuk," Hakyeon muttered as he watched the busy street below with irritated but attentive eyes. "Pushing his missions onto me just because he has a date. Aish, that dongsaeng!"

Sanghyuk was his partner in crime (and quite literally, too. The two had a past of stealing colored wigs from the costume shop). Sanghyuk, his beloved little dongsaeng, had abandoned him for a date with this "hot" girl and left Hakyeon to deal with his mission instead. Hakyeon would've been fine with it if Sanghyuk had just told him--and if he wasn't in the middle of a beautiful drama marathon.

Hakyeon rolled his eyes. The female lead and second male lead were about to kiss too! And the male lead was watching. Serves that right for hurting the girl. The second lead is much better than you!

Hakyeon shook his head. He had a mission to do and here he was, worrying about his drama and his second male lead syndrome. He needed to get his head straight as quickly as possible. The mission wasn't going to finish itself, after all.

Begrudgingly, he stood up, lifting his arms to balance himself; though it wasn't really needed since he could just fly if he fell.

With a deep breath, Hakyeon closed his eyes and finally let his wings out.

His wings, unlike most white and gray, were a navy blue color with black feathers hanging off to the side. His wings were huge but light, enabling him to soar and glide through the sky faster, stronger than any of his kind could. Hakyeon's pair of wings was basically a masterpiece. A masterpiece that others would practically kill for.

Content with the condition of his wings, he jumped off the side of the building, and gracefully flew down until his feet touched a window sill of an apartment seven floors below the roof. He watched as people interacted on the ground beneath him, completely unaware of his winged presence.

Hakyeon's kind had often mocked humans for always being ignorant--for choosing to be ignorant instead of facing the real problems and the real reality. Human beings could've seen so much more, could have so much more if they only learned to open their minds. Some think they know everything there is to know about the world, about their universe, about life but the fact that no one has noticed Hakyeon--with his feet on a window sill of an apartment that was ten floors above and with his gigantic wings spread out--was proof itself that humans were merely egotistical.

A sneeze pulled Hakyeon out of his thoughts and his head quickly turned towards the window, barely noticing that it was open despite the cold night, and peeked inside to find a dark room, the only source of light being the small night light plugged in at the corner and a messy bed was placed in the center.

What caught his attention, though, was the man sitting atop the bed. His hair was as messy as his bed and his nose could have outmatched Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer's. Hakyeon could immediately tell that the man was somewhere between tired and pissed after reading his barely visible aura. He watched as the man threw a tissue into his garbage can and quickly laid back on his bed, cuddling closer into his blanket.

"Hm, cute," Hakyeon whispered to himself, amused. After taking a quick peek at his heart (it was a gift and a curse to be able to read one's real heart and emotions), Hakyeon could clearly tell that the man had some issues with his "love life."

Hakyeon didn't know what it was about the man, but he felt a sudden attraction--like there was something that was calling to him, begging him to come closer to the man, to help him. And so Hakyeon decided that he should.

He willed his wings to disappear, the feathers slowly fading away until he simply looked human again. Then, he quietly stepped into the room through the small open window, praying that the man wouldn't think he was some thief dressed in pink, here to murder him or something along those lines.

He slowly tiptoed towards the bed and observed the man. He was good-looking, that Hakyeon could admit, and even with his eyes closed and his runny nose, the man seemed to be sparkling.

Smiling softly, Hakyeon carefully moved the man's hair away from his eyes but this seemed to wake him as he stirred. Hakyeon's eyes widened. He had to hide. He glanced around, panic crossing his feature. Maybe he could hide under the bed or maybe pretend to be a lamp or maybe--

Too late. The man's eyes snapped open, eyes immediately falling on the stranger in his room. He rubbed his eyes.

"What the...?" the man said, groggily sitting up in his bed. Hakyeon laughed nervously.

"Hah, hey there, friend," Hakyeon scratched the back of his neck and waved. "Did you sleep well?"

The man's eyes widened as he took in Hakyeon's presence in his room. Before Hakyeon could say anything, the man screamed, kicking his blanket away from him.

"Whoa, hey, no, no, don't scream. I'm not a murderer, don't worry! I'm just here to hel--" Before Hakyeon could finish his sentence, he felt a cold, hard object hit his face fiercely and he stumbled backwards, pain shooting through his head.

"Who the hell are you?"

~X~

//rolls in//
AYOOOOOOOOOO
I HAVE RISEN FROM THE DEAD
AND I BRING TO YOU
ANOTHER VIXX FANFIC
WHICH WILL MAYBE AND UP HORRIBLY
BUT WHATEVER 
YA KNOW
SO
//puts on sweg glasses and 3 dolla chainz//
I'm back bushes~

Anyway, yes I am back ^_^ As promised, I've finally made another fanfic for this December~ 
Hope you enjoy it and please look forward to the next update that will be coming soon *^*

Thanks for reading~! Comments are very much appreciated! ^_^