First Day

Still Here?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*ring ring*

 

 

*ring ring*

 

 

*RING RING*

 

“God damn it Jieun, wake up!”

 

 

Jieun’s POV

Ugh. Here we go again, another 90 days of the hell we call an education. Yeah, education is a big part of who we are in the future; I just wish it wasn’t so complicated. So here we are, me trying to go back to sleep as my sister, Hwasa, was trying to drag me out of my bed by my ankles.

Hwasa was my younger sister, though she never really called me “unni,” but I was alright with that. This year, she’ll be a sophomore in high school; gosh I feel like we’re getting so old already. She was really outgoing and friendly, and even as a sophomore she was very well-known, something I was really envious of. She didn’t have musical interests like I did, but was really into photography, architecture, and interior design; and I’m really proud to hear of those types of interests from her. Even though we argued often, we were always there for each other when we really needed it.

I was never really a morning person, and she usually was, which made us even more opposite than we already are. Eventually I had to get up, because for some reason I always take a long time to get ready. I groggily stood up and walked to the bathroom, bringing my clothes and towel with me for my post-shower concerns. After my shower, I did my morning routine and changed into my school uniform. Since it was the first day of school I decided to do my makeup and hair a little bit, but I won’t overdo it, because I don’t really have anyone to impress anyways.

Hwasa and I grabbed our stuff and jogged to my car. We still had a good 20 minutes before school started, so we decided to stop for some morning coffee at the local coffee shop. I parked near the entrance and dragged Hwasa inside, not wanting to waste any time. I ordered a caramel macchiato with soy and she ordered a vanilla chai latte. The coffee shop was relatively new, so while my sister and I waited, we sat near a window and looked around the shop. It was an average-sized, cute looking coffee shop, with its aroma being the scent of freshly ground coffee beans and vanilla. Not many people were in the café today, then again it was pretty early in the morning.

I checked the time on my phone: 7:15 am.

Alrighty then… we had 15 minutes left, I’m not too worried; the school is just two blocks away…

*ding*

“Caramel Macchiato with soy and Vanilla Chai Latte for… Jieun!”

Hwasa and I stood up to grab our drinks and took a sip. Our eyes widened as we turned to each other. “Wow it’s really good!” we said in unison. I chuckled as we walked to the car and said, “We should definitely come here more often. It tastes great and the shop is really comfortable.” She nodded as she held her cup to her lips. We sang along to whatever was playing on the radio as I drove us to school. “Hwasa-ah what time is it?” I asked, and she replied, “7:19 am,” with some coffee in . I laughed, “Hey, you shouldn’t talk with your mouth full; you’re going to spill all over your new uniform.”

I locked the doors as we walked to the office together to grab our schedules. “Jieun, do I have any classes with you?” she asked. I looked at the both of our schedules… “Ah, we have piano and choir together next term! Since when did you start to like music, huh?” I said nudging her arm, and she just shrugged. “You always stay awake so late just to work on those songs you put on your Soundcloud, and I like them. I wanted to see why you liked music so much so I signed up for them.”

 

 

...

 

 

We parted ways and I went to look for my first class. I’m never usually this early to school, so when I have free time I go into my class and just work on more of my songwriting and composing there. I walked into my first period class: Advanced Chemistry. In all honesty, I really only took this class because I liked how the teacher taught us and I needed a third year of science, but I wasn’t really fond of Biology anyways so what better way to take a third year of science than Chemistry right? I greeted the teacher and we briefly exchanged our experiences over the summer, then I proceeded wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter