Promise

Waiting

You're My WomanㅡLee Seunggi


 

 

2013.

"Noona!"

She hears that familiar voice calling for her so she quickly lifts her head and smiles.

"What is it now?" She asks, bringing her folded arms to her chest.

The boy smiles and jogs a little to her side,
"I made it!"

"You made what?"

"I'll finally debut!"

The smile on her face suddenly falls, but she's quick to gain it back upon realising the boy looks like he notices the sudden change on her face.

Well, he always notices everythingㅡ

"Congratulation jungkook-ah."

ㅡbut this time he isn't.

He's too happy of the fact that he'll be debuting soon, and that makes him to be ignorant about this noona, who isn't sincere at congratulating him.

 


 

2015.

"Our Kookie is really popular now." Her mother comes from the kitchen to the living room when she is watchingㅡ waiting ㅡ in front of the television.

It's Friday and it is definitely the broadcast time for the popular music chart, Music Bank.

That is when two emcess are introducing a rising group, Bangtan Boys.

A guy with his pink hair speaks as the representative of the group and she just waits for that special someone to voice out.

But he isn't.

"Our kookieㅡ aigoooㅡ he grows up perfectly, isn't it?" Her mother still gazes on the television when she grabs the remote controller to change the channel.

"Yah! Don't change it!" The old lady snatches the controller from her. "You're always like this, can you just let me watch our Kookie?"

She shrugs, wellㅡ maybe he isn't our Kookie anymore.

 


 

"Noona...why aren't you answering my confession yet?"

She blushes, but she still smiles and stares at the innocent face infront of her. She puts her hand on his hair and ruffles it like she always does.

"You're still young."

"Come on, we're just two years apart."

"At least it's already legal for me to drink."

He sneers. "You're not going to reject me, don't you?"

She shrugs, continue to ruffle his hair but it surprises her that he avoids her hand.

"Don't treat me like a kid."

And after the incident, it's a very long week in her lifeㅡ until Jungkook came to her and told about his debut.

 


 

"Go and get yourself a boyfriend." Namjoo, her bestfriend, speaks up.

"Not in mood." She places her head on the table, watching Namjoo who just can't stop eating since the very beginning.

"Yah, just forget about that idol boy, you're not bad yourself."

She raises one of her eyebrows, "What do you mean by I'm not bad myself?"

Namjoo laughs, "Yes, you're pretty, so just get yourself a boyfriend."

If it is really that easy.

If and only if he doesn't give her hopes.

"Noona, wait for me, I'll succeed and come back to you. Please wait for me." He pecked on her cheek, with a promise that she still remembers, on the day he left Busan for Seoul.

 


 

It's already 3 years and she only saw him on several occasions, forget Christmas, he never had times for that. Plus, they never really talk as he will usually quickly go back to Seoul without spending a night at home.

And now she's hearing his mother talks with her mother about his suggestion for his parents to move to Seoul.

Seoulㅡ that means there will be no reasons for him to come back to this village, isn't it?

She hits her head, "He really forgot."

Suddenly the what ifs questions come to her mind.

What if he really doesn't remember.

What if he thinks that's the young immature him who promised.

What if he changes.

"I shouldn't wait for him."

But she still waits, until the day an article is released, that him, Jeon Jungkook, the main vocalist of that group, is dating a senior in his industry.

And that is the time when she can clearly hear her heart breaks into pieces.

The time she feels like her world has crumbled.

And her long wait isn't worth anything.

 


 

 February 2016.

It takes one year for her to finally open up her heart to someone else, to finally realise her stupid action waiting for someone uncertain who never writes or calls. But she never blames him, he's too young back then. It was her, who's way too delusional.

"Aigoo...finally you bring me to see your parents." A handsome looking guy smiles brightly to her as only that thing brings happiness to him. He leans closer to her and pecks a kiss on her cheek.

"Thanks." 

"Jiminㅡya," She calls his name, avoiding another peck from him.

That guy laughs, "You have to get used to it."

She shrugs, smiling and pulling him to infront of the door of her house.

"I'm so nervous." The guy with eye smile shakes his head, making her to laugh.

She knocks the door several times. "Omma! It's me!"

After hearing some steps approach the door, she turns to Jimin and pats his shoulder, getting rid of some dust on his coat.

She smiles to Jimin and the door finally opens,

"Omㅡ" She turns her head to look up to her mother only to surprise herself that it isn't her standing there.

It's him. Who finally comes back.

 


 

 That night after dinner and after she sends Jimin to his car, Jungkook stands at the door frame of her house, waiting for her.

He and his family stay at her house throughout their holiday in Busan as their old house next to her house is rented by a family now. WellㅡJungkook's mum is more willing to see it gets rented rather than to sell it after they decided to move to Seoul.

But that's not the point, the point now isㅡ how does this kid who is so tall now, can finally be infront of her? It surprises her to be honest as Jungkook didn't even appear on the day his parents moved to Seoul.

"Hyung already left?" He asks her, and she just nods.

There's an awkward silence between them but Jungkook breaks it quickly,

"Noona, lets accompany me to sit infront of our house. I want to go there by myself, but I am too shy with the family who rents our house."

She laughs, "They're nice people, why are you shy? Plus, it's your family's house."

He shrugs, "I don't know. Let's go." He pulls her out of the gate and drags her to the bench out of his old house.

He sits down, extending his arms into the air, "So glad to finally be home."

She brings her folded arms to her chest, shaking her head like a proud mum.

"What? Come sit here." He pats a spot next to her, indicating for her to sit down too. A second later she follows his instruction.

"My parents and I miss Busan so much."

"Wellㅡ I can tell it. Your mother looks so happy."

"Yeah, I feel bad for asking they to move with me. But, I do feel homesick sometimes, I just need their presence."

"ㅡmaybe they will move back here in the beginning of next year."

"They? Just them?"

Jungkook laughs, "Well it's 'we' at first, but now I don't really find a reason to stay."

She nods.

They talk and laugh like they used to be, well, it's a little awkward to her because his vibes now are different from before, he really turns into a manㅡ that somehow makes her feel uncomfortable.

But he still the old Kookie, who never stops complaining about things he went through. He talks about his future album with her, about sasaeng fans who invade his spaces, not to forget about his hilarious group members.

"Namjoon hyung is seeing this one girl from a popular girl group, he always drags me when they meet with each other."

He really isn't that boy who just stays quiet in his group interview when he's infront of her. He talks a lot, and he's also thoughtful. He asks her about her works, friends and her current being.

"Is Jimin hyung treating you right?"

The sudden question about her boyfriend surprises her. It's more surprised because it comes from his mouth.

"Of course, he's nice."

He smiles and nods, somehow agrees it with her.

"Wellㅡhow about you andㅡ"

"Noona, remember I told you to wait for me?" He cuts her words and innocently asks. His tone when asking that question changes to a lil serious compared to prior when he's being all cheerful. But still, there's a tiny smile on his face.

No matter how grown up he is, and how much he has transformed to a such hot guy now, his smile is still innocent as ever.

"Noonaㅡ?" He calls her again when she looks like she isn't paying much attention to his question.

"Huh?" She blinks her eyes and turns her face from him.

"Rememㅡ"

"Yeah, promise?" She scratches her hair. "It's okay, don't worry I won't tell Dispatch about it, I don't take it seriously. I already forgot about it." She cuts him quickly and laughs after that.

There's a change in his smile that she doesn't notice, and some vague words that he mutters under his breath that she can barely hear.

"What are you saying?" She leans closer to hear clearer, that is when he quickly stands up, making her startled in her place.

"Nothing." He throws his gaze straight to the road, and then turns to her, "Let's get in, it's already late."

 

 


 

It's all fine to her but she finally realises the next day that the talkative Jungkook seems somehow different.

"Yah Jungkookㅡ are you avoiding me?"

He halts his step from climbing the stairs, looking down at the tiny body at the end of the hallway.

"No." He shakes his head.

"You're avoiding me don't you?"

"No." He replies her with an annoyed tone, making her to feel upset, because that's the first time he ever speaks to her like that.

"Sorry noonaㅡ I got work to do." He climbs the stairs quickly, leaving her alone in the living room.

 


 

"What's wrong with you?" She stands in his way who is about to put his luggage in his car.

"What?" Jungkook looks surprised with her sudden action.

"You're leaving after just three nights here, you told me you have two weeks before the preparation for the next album."

"I justㅡneed to."

"You said you miss Busan."

"Well, I did, I missed it, my parents too, that's why they're staying much longer here."

"Jungkookㅡah."

"Yes noona."

"You're avoiding me."

"No."

"Then what are you doing right now? Yesterday? If it's not avoiding then what?"

He stops, looking straight into her face whose head is the same level as his chest.

He chuckles, "You really want to know?"

She nods, "Of course."

"What if it makes you feel uncomfortable?" He smirks.

"Wellㅡ you avoiding me is making me more uncomfortable."

He shakes his head, putting his hand on top of her hair, ruffling it.

"Yah!"

He brings his hand to his face, "So that how it feels like."

"Jungkookㅡah, don't change the topic."

He stops smiling, looking into her eyes. He lets out a sigh.

"Tell me why are you avoiding me? And why you want to go back so suddenly?"

"I'm not avoding youㅡ"

"ㅡI'm avoding my feelings for you." His tone doesn't change, but his cheeks do turn red.

"I think it's better to draw a line so I won't interrupt your relationship with Jimin hyung."

She chuckles, "What are you talking about?"

"Don't joke around Jeon Jungkook, you knoㅡ"

"That promise." He cuts her again.

"I was serious about that promise."

Her smile falls and she feels like something stucks in ,

"But I'mㅡ to you, maybe to you I'm not."

His mouth cracks a smile but his eyes don't. For the first time ever his eyes don't follow what his lips did.

"What nonsense are you talking about?" She doesn't know why, but she refrains her eyes from forming any tears, so she fakes a bashful smile.

"Maybe I'm not succeed enough to be a man infront of you. I'll work hard." He widens his smile.

"What nonsenseㅡ"

"I thought you'll wait for me." He cuts her again.

"Stupid Jungkook," he punches his head, "No one is stupid enough to wait for years without any notice."

She smiles. Yes, no one is stupid enough like me to wait that long. It's just me.

"Don't joke around."

"I told you it will make you feel uncomfortable." He scratches the back of his head.

She loses for words, and now avoiding his eyes. "It's okay if you don't want to stay, but please don't joke around about this."

"I never did, I came back to finally meet you after years, I thought you rememㅡ"

She looks up to his face with tears in her eyes. "What if I actually wait?"

"You don't noona."

"What if I did?"

"Jimin hyㅡ"

"What if I did? Does it will change the fact that you're dating someone else like what I read in news?"

"Noonaㅡ" He's about to wipe her tears when she finally turns around and takes a step to get into her house.

"What if I said it's not true? What if I said that's the girl Namjoon hyung is seeing?"

She halts her steps upon hearing his voice.

"The company asked me to pretend like I was the one who date because that thing won't affect our group popularity, but it will be a different case if it was Namjoon hyung, as he's the leader of our group."

"Now that I told you everything, will that change the fact that you're still not waiting for me as youㅡ" He stops.

"yourself is happy with Jimin hyung?"

 


 

24th December 2016.

Jungkook's family is now back in Busan. It's just himㅡ who never comes back, since that day.

 

"Hello everyone!" A familiar voice can be heard throughout the dining room in her house.

It's him.

He approaches the dining table with a wide smile and bows to the elders. Well, his parents decided not to have a dinner celebration in their own house, as they're not yet settled with their moving process. So, all of them are now in her place.

He then quickly takes his seat next to her who's still surprised with his appearance.

 


 

"Yah!"

She jumps in her place when Jungkook suddenly appears at the veranda of her room. He is now leaning against the sliding door.

"You startled me." She pats her chest, making Jungkook to chuckle.

"Where's everyone?" She asks, looking behind his shoulder.

"Downstairs."

She nods, looking back at the sky.

"I met Namjoo noona." He starts to break the silence.

"Then?" She turns around and facing him.

"She told me that you've broken up with Jimin hyung."

"Is it true?" He continues his words.

She widens her eyes as Jungkook takes his steps to reduce the distance between them.

"Yeah, it doesn't work out between us." She succeeds to end her words despite her heart racing like crazy as Jungkook gets nearer.

"Good then." Jungkook smiles.

She raises her eyebrows, "Are you mocking me right now?"

He quickly shakes his head and laughs, "Not at all."

"Then what good then supposed to mean?"

He still walks towards her until there's no more gap between them.

"That means I now can have you all on my own." He talksㅡmore to whisper, looking down at her face, who has to look up to him.

She blushes, trying to push Jungkook away, but he is now a guy, he isn't that easy to be pushed by a tiny little lady like her. It turns out that Jungkook is hugging her in return.

"She also told me that you actually waited for a long long time."

She stops pushing him, that's when he tightens his embrace. "Yah! That girl! What else she told you?"

Jungkook laughs, "Thanks."

"For what?" She can barely mutter properly as her head is now on his chest.

"For keeping the promise." He smiles.

"But I didn't wait until the end."

"It's my fault, I never write or call. I was too late. I'm sorry." He pulls her away a little to make a gap and quickly kisses her on her forehead.

"Yah!" She hits his chest.

"Yahㅡ." He pretends to be surprised with her aggresive defensive manner, making her to chuckle as she looks at his face.

He quickly pulls her back into his embrace and whispers,

"From now on, be mine."

 


 

 

Author's note: I'm sorry if some words sound wrong and got many errors or any occasion doesnt make sense. I did this in one go because I have such a noona syndrome these days lol. Kbye.