Reminiscence

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Forgive me if this one shot . tHis is my first time writing an SJ fanfic and I'm actually scared haha okay. Sorry for any mistakes in this one shot. I didnt proof read it cuz im a lazy writer hehe. Listen to Healing for Myself here[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sA_ypV6Cio ] for a much better feel. hehe. thats all. enjoy reading and please tell me what you think after!

***

The ring I prepared for you lost its pair
It is only left on my finger, and so sorrow cries
Wish it rains so it can hide my tears
Cry, cry, cry again

Kyuhyun sighed then plopped down on his bed. He closed his eyes for a second then heaved a sigh once again. He feels like he has been sighing too much these past few weeks.

He ran his hands on his face and felt the cold metal on his right middle finger touch his heated face. He opened his eyes and stared at the ring. He remembered every memory about this ring. He remembered whom it originally belong to.

He felt tears form on his eyes when he remembered that time when he gave the exact ring that he's now wearing to the person he thought he'll spend his life with.

[Flashback]

23 year old Kyuhyun sat on his bed where his best friend and boyfriend , Sungmin, is also sitting while reading something on his phone. He moved behind Sungmin and hugged him which made the latter smile.

"Minnie~" Kyuhyun breathed out while nuzzling his face on the older's hair.

Sungmin chuckled then placed his phone back inside his pocket and held onto the younger's arms.

"What is it, Kyu?"  the older asked while still smiling.

Kyuhyun shook his head then mumbled "Nothing."

Sungmin raised an eyebrow at what Kyuhyun said.

"Nothing?"

Kyuhyun hummed as an answer and tightened his hug. He sighed contently and said "I just missed you."

Sungmin giggled then shook his head.

"We just saw each other earlier, Kyu. How come you missed me already?"

The younger lad raised his head from Sungmin's neck then looked at the older.

"I love you so much that I couldn't be separated from you even for a few minutes."

Sungmin stared at his boyfriend then smiled shyly before looking down on his lap.

"You're such a sap. You know that?" he said shyly while still staring down at his lap.

Kyuhyun chuckled at his cute lover. "I know that. And I also know that you love it when I'm being sappy."

Sungmin looked back at him then gave him a playful glare before pecking his lips then once again settling comfortably on his arms.

They sat there for a while. Not saying anything but the silence is extremely comforting.

After a few minutes, Kyuhyun loosen his hug to get something from his back pocket. He then went back to hugging Sungmin tightly but this time, he's holding a small box in front of Sungmin.

Sungmin looked at the box that Kyuhyun is holding and raised an eyebrow.

"What is that?" he asked curiously.

Kyuhyun didn't answer but opened the small box instead. The box revealed a simple but beautiful ring that has a thin string of black rope with small piece of metal in it in the middle.

Sungmin felt his breath catch on his throat. He blinked a few times before gently pulling away from Kyuhyun who is staring at him with love on his eyes.

"I--what--Kyu.." Sungmin breathed out while looking at Kyuhyun.

The younger lad gave him a small smile then took the ring out of the box. Kyuhyun then reached for  Sungmin's left hand then slipping the ring on his middle finger.

"Its a promise ring." Kyuhyun stated while staring at the ring that fitted perfectly on his partner's finger. "Wear it on the middle finger so that it wouldn't be too obvious that its a promise ring." he added.

Sungmin just nodded. Still stunned.

"What are you promising?" Sungmin asked after he regained his senses.

Kyuhyun looked at him for a while then gave him a small smile.

"I promise to take care of you. I promise to never purposely hurt you. I promise to love you forever. And...I promise that one day, I'll give you a new ring but it would be an engagement ring and we would tell the whole world our love for each other and you would marry me and we'll have kids and build a family together. That is what I'm promising you, Lee Sungmin."

Sungmin sniffed then wiped the tears from his eyes with his free hand then smiled tearily at his boyfriend who is still smiling fondly at him.

"You are really a sap, Cho Kyuhyun."

"Well...I'm your sap." Kyuhyun said with a smirk on his face.

Sungmin giggled then leaned in to kiss Kyuhyun fully on the lips. The younger kissed back then mumbled an 'I love you' against the older's lips in which Sungmin replied an 'I love you too' then went back on kissing his lover.

[End of Flashback]

Kyuhyun blinked his eyes a few times in hopes of clearing the tears away but he failed so he sat up then closed his eyes but then another painful memory visited him. A memory that he wants to forget forever.

[Flashback]

Today is a special day for Kyuhyun. Well, maybe, not really special. He prepared a mini house date for Sungmin in their dorm. The other members left him on the dorm for a day so that he could enjoy his date with Sungmin.

He missed his boyfriend so much. He has been quite busy lately and everytime he has a free time, Sungmin would be busy or just be distant from his. He couldn't help but notice how cold and distant Sungmin became when he's with him.

Before, Sungmin would usually be the first one to be all lovey dovey to him but this time, it would always be him and instead of reciprocating it, the older lad would always move away from him or be irritated at him.

He tried to ignore it. He told himself that maybe its just stress from all their schedules.

Sungmin went out today to hang out with a friend. That's what Leeteuk told him since he woke up when Sungmin is already gone.

He sat patiently on the couch. Everything is already organized. Ryeowook and Donghae helped him arrange their dinner and other stuff.

After a few minutes of waiting, Kyuhyun heard the front door open and heard Sungmin yell out.

"I'm home!"

Kyuhyun stood from his couch and welcomed Sungmin who gave him a surprised look.

"Hi." Kyuhyun said then leaned in to kiss Sungmin but the older lad was quick to duck away.

The younger was surprised by what the older did but he just smiled tightly then helped Sungmin take off his coat.

"Where are the others?"  Sungmin asked.

"Uhm...they went out." Kyuhyun answered simply while following Sungmin to the dining room where he prepared their dinner.

When they finally reached the dining area, Sungmin stopped abruptly then stared at the dinner that was obviously prepared for him. He took a deep breath to calm himself then turned around to look at Kyuhyun who was staring hopefully at him.

"So? Do you like it?" Kyuhyun asked him.

When he didn't answer, the younger spoke again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter