Blushing in the dark.

With you by my side
When Taehyung comes inside the house, the members knew something went wrong with VMIN 29, since Tae slams the front door, and makes a beeline to his shared room rather than joining the members who were esctatically watching Yoongi's buing buing video.
 
"Wow someone screwed up," whistles J-Hope, who, minutes ago, was clutching his stomach from laughing so much at "Swaggy Min Suga" and his fail aegyo video. 
 
Jungkook's face had hurt from smiling so much tonight. But his hyung's entrance ruined the almost perfect night. He eyes J-hope with an exasperated look, the same look he gave J-hope 29 times now, right after the missions fail. 
 
"YA KIM TAEHYUNG," yells Jin, "When you come home you're supposed to say hello-" 
 
Namjoon pulls Jin away shaking his head, "Let him be. He is a lost boy right now. Just like how we are lost lambs, searching for life's meaning..."
 
Yoongi sighs. Philosophical Rap Monster. Oh god. But he silently thanks VMIN 29 failed, since everyone had stopped making fun of his aegyo video. 
Maybe I should bring Taehyung some gin tonight to soothe his sadness. Yoongi eyes the liquor cabinet.
 
"No way in hell, Min Yoongi." 
 
Yoongi gulps at Jin's remark. "How the did you know?" 
 
Jin smirks. "Also, no language."
 
Yoongi sighs and walks into his room, muttering something about nagging mothers who follow him everywhere. 
 
-
 
Taehyung could feel his heart hammering against his chest and his face turning red when Jimin said those words to him at the crepe cafe. His best friend had after all, basically called him a who always joked around. He doesn't know why but when he falls onto his bed, he feels his heart slowly ripping apart and tears forming in his eyes. 
 
"W-what the hell," he mumbles, wiping his eyes.
 
Why am I crying? Why does my chest hurt so much? It's just a stupid sentence Ji-Jim-...HE said. There are people much worse off in other countries and planets. The rabbits on the moon are probably sad without their carrots-
 
What the hell was he saying? "Ugh," he shivers as he feels snot clogging up his nose. 
 
Why did Jimin say that?
 
But I was serious. At that restaurant, everything felt serious. With Jimin, I can be serious when I'm not. With Jimin...
 
"With Ji-Jimin...," he mutters.
 
Why do I care what he thinks anyways? Who is he to make me feel so hurt?
 
He feels so, so tired of thinking, of the cold, of the wetness in his eyes, of the pain in his chest. Taehyung decides to curl into a ball and sleep. He wants to take up as little space as possible; he doesn't want to feel the universe right now. 
 
-
 
Jimin had sat in the crepe shop for an hour or so, after Taehyung had left. He spent half of it staring at the cold crepe, and the other half thinking about how to fix the mistake he made. 
 
He only left when the waitress came up to him, "Do you want this to go? We're about to close soon."
 
Jimin just stared at her. 
 
"...um sir?" She waved her hand in front of his face. 
 
Jimin blinked twice. "Yes please."
 
The waitress looked at him funnily, when he walked out of the cafe clutching his to-go bag like it was his life.
 
Now Jimin is wandering. He passed the house three times already, not wanting to go inside. 
 
He doesn't understand.
 
Why do I feel so angry at myself for saying something mean? I said countless insults to Jungkook or Namjoon-hyung or Yoongi-hyung or even Jin-hyung. I didn't even feel as bad as when he insulted Jhope-hyung's dancing. So why? Why when he insults Taehyung does he feel like a thousand needles are stabbing his heart? 
 
"Taehyung," he says. He feels the color rushing to his face. He feels his numb fingers grow warm as he thinks about the entity that is Taehyung. 
 
"Taehyung." The name tastes sweet in his mouth, like the giant pink marshmallows he was forced to taste when doing chubby bunny. He wants to say it again.
 
"Taehyung."
 
Jungkook hits Jimin in the back of the head. "You like him, idiot."
 
Jimin is shocked. At the blatant sentence Jungkook just said, but also because his dongsaeng, HIS DONGSAENG just hit him and just called him an idiot. He feels the heat come to his face. Not because he's shy but because of anger. 
 
Jimin turns around angrily and yells, "JEON JUNGKOOK! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT TREATING YOUR HYUNGS RIGHT?" 
 
Jungkook tries so hard, but he unsuccessfully suppress his giggles. When Jimin hears this giggle, he goes bat- crazy and chases Jungkook down the streets and into the house. 
 
Jungkook feels like this is déjà-vu, like something similar to this happened before. As he runs, he remembers.
 
Ah. Yoongi-hyung chased me like this just this morning. He feels confident as he dodges Jimin's cellphone, I can do this and escape.
 
Jungkook laughs as Jimin stops, clutching his broken cellphone like a dead lover, "NOOOOO. Look what you made me do. JEON JUNGKOOK!" Jimin resumes the hunt for the maknae as the house erupts in an orchestra of loud footsteps and angry yells.
 
-
 
Jimin gave up after Jungkook manages to dodge four pillows and several magazines, finally escaping and locking himself in his room. After several minutes of knocking violently on Jungkook's door, Jimin relents. He walks into his room, water bottle in hand, prepared to sleep and get this day over with. 
 
But he forgets that Kim Taehyung is one of his roommates. Therefore, Jimin almost chokes on his water when he sees his Tae curled up into a ball dozing silently. 
 
Jimin decides to linger for a while since he doesn't feel as tired anymore. He looks at the younger, and again almost chokes on his water when he sees Tae's cheeks are wet. 
 
Jimin doesn't know whether to laugh at the absurdity or cry. He doesn't know what to do since he feels so empty inside. Jimin grabs a box of tissues ready to wipe Taehyung's tears when he hears J-hope walking in.
 
Jimin turns around and J-hope spots the box of tissues. The elder begins to scream, as he covers his eyes, "AHHHHHHH OH MY GOD PARK JIMIN DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE...PLEASE!" 
 
Jimin flushes red and throws the tissues at his hyung, "HYUNG NO, I'M NOT...DON'T MISUNDERSTAND!"
 
J-hope laughs, catching the box. "SHHH. Don't wake up Tae." He closes the door and takes the tissues with him, leaving Jimin to hear his hyung's hysterical laughter in the kitchen, and to contemplate his roommate choice.
 
He sighs and sits down on the bed. Ah today's so tiring. 
 
Jimin almost has a heart attack when he hears Taehyung shifting in the bed. He closes his eyes and prays that Tae doesn't wake up. When Jimin opens his eyes, Taehyung is awake, eyeing him with an amused look. 
 
"Do you think I'd be asleep after all that screaming?" Taehyung giggles.
 
"I-I uhh...was hoping you'd be able to."
 
"Well lately I haven't been getting enough sleep." 
 
"Why?" Jimin gulps. "W-well you should since we need to maintain our health and such."
 
Taehyung tilts his head. "I think it's because I keep thinking." 
 
Jimin wants to stop time and roll around on the floor and squeal because Kim ing Taehyung is awake and his voice oh my god his voice is so goddamn y and his hair is so messy oh my god oh my god-
 
Taehyung looks at him expectantly. "Don't you want to know what I'm thinking about?"
 
Jimin gathers up his courage and returns the younger's stare, "Probably One Piece huh? That cliff hanger yesterday was pretty cool-"
 
Taehyung pushes Jimin down onto the bed. "I'm being serious here, Jiminnie."
 
Jimin feels the color rush up to his face. He wants to hide right now. He raises his arms to cover his face. "O-okay Tae," he mumbles.
 
Taehyung can see and feel the color on Jimin's cheeks. He didn't expect this. The younger feels a little happy that Jimin is reacting this way. He grabs Jimin's arms, "Jimin. Why are you hiding?"
 
Why indeed is he hiding. 
"I-I-I don't know...I guess I just feel really sorry for wh-what happened thi-this afternoon." 
 
Taehyung sighs. "Yeah that was pretty mean of you." 
 
Jimin bites his lip, "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean it Tae." 
 
"Can't you apologize while looking at me?"
 
Jimin swallows, feeling nervous. He stops struggling against the other's grip and allows Taehyung to move his hands away from his face. 
 
Jimin really doesn't want to open his eyes though. But he can feel Tae staring at him, waiting for Jimin to do something. 
 
He swallows and opens his eyes, now staring at Taehyung. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said."
 
Taehyung looks at Jimin with the most affectionate and soft look, "Applogy accepted."
 
Then Taehyung does something unexpected, he lifts his shirt up, exposing his toned stomach. Jimin gasps as Tae whispers, "Am I really a , Jiminnie?" 
 
Jimin manages to sputter, "N-no I didn't say that. D-don't go around showing th-that..." 
 
Taehyung laughs, "showing what?"
 
"Y-you know." 
 
"You're so cute when you're shy Jiminnie." 
 
Jimin feels like his heart is about to explode from beating so hard. He didn't know hearts were able to beat so fast. 
 
"D-don't call me that." He mumbles. 
 
"Ahhh Jiminnie is blushing."
 
Jimin gasps, "W-what? I-I am a MAN. MEN DON'T BLUSH-"
 
Taehyung shuts him up with a kiss.
 
Okay right now Jimin is about to pass out from feeling so hot. 
 
Jimin kisses him back, after overcoming the shock. He can feel Tae smiling into the kiss. He smiles back and with his mouth open, Tae slips his tongue inside Jimin's mouth. 
 
Jimin really might pass out.
 
The two break off the kiss, gasping for breath in the darkness of their room. 
 
"Hyu-hyung." Taehyung says shyly. 
 
"T-tae, you never call me that..." 
 
"Should I call you oppa then?" Taehyung laughs. "Oppa~" he leans into Jimin's shoulder.
 
Jimin freezes.
 
Taehyung's laugh turns into a smile. "Hyung. What does this mean now?"
 
Jimin feels brave in the darkness. He turns towards Tae and pulls the former into a hug. "I-I guess you're m-my b-b-b-boy-boyfriend." 
 
Taehyung laughs, "I didn't know someone can stutter so much." He hugs Jimin back and rubs circles into his back. 
 
"Jimin. You're blushing right now aren't you?"
 
Jimin chokes and starts coughing, ready to deny his blushing.
 
Taehyung laughs, "Shhh. I know you're a man and men don't blush." He places his lips onto Jimin mouth. Tae feels Jimin's cheeks heat up. He breaks the kiss and says, "but for me you can just be Jimin right?"
 
"Y-yeah." 
 
"But Jimin. You didn't even say you like me yet." Tae's voice rises an octave as he pouts, "Oppa how can you kiss me and declare me as your boyfriend when you haven't even confessed?" Taehyung proceeds to hit Jimin playfully as he rolls around in the bed.
 
Jimin feels dizzy from blushing so hard and being left breathless from kisses. "Ya," he says shyly, "I really really really like you, Tae."
 
"I know." Taehyung blushes. "I catch you staring at me all the time."
 
"Ya." Jimin mumbles, "You too. I know you have a photo album of my iest moments."
 
"y?" Taehyung laughs.
 
Jimin gets ready to pose ily but Tae stops him.
 
"I-i really like you too." 
 
Jimin stares at Tae in the dark, feeling like the happiest person alive right now. Even in the darkness, he can see Taehyung so clearly. His features, his uniqueness. He pulls Tae down onto the bed and starts kissing his eyes, his nose, his forehead, and his lips. 
 
"You don't know what you do to me, Taetae." he whisphers breathlessly. 
 
Taehyung's heart feels like it's on cloud 99999999.
 
"Can't you stay with me tonight?" Jimin whisphers, "just lie here with me. I want to stay by your side."
 
Taehyung smiles wide, "that's probably the longest sentence you've said to me tonight without stuttering."
 
Jimin blushes, "T-Tae."
 
He giggles into Jimin's arms, "Just teasing oppa."
 
"Taeeee." Jimin whines.
 
"Aigooo our Jiminnieeeee."
 
Jimin groans.
 
Taehyung laughs. "You're so easy to tease." He pinches Jimin's cheeks, "Of course Jimin. I'll stay, with you by my side."
 
-
 
 
J-hope finds the two in each other's arms, sleeping peacefully when he walks in. He suppresses the urge to wake them up and tease the two, but he lets them be.
 
"Dammit hyung. I really wanted to succeed my spy mission," Jungkook whisphers from behind him. 
 
"Yah Jungkook." 
 
Jungkook prepares himself for a scolding.
 
"To be honest, me too. Being a spy was so cool." J-hope laughs as he fakes sobs with his friend.