You, sleeping.

With you by my side

Jimin realized it when Taehyung was sleeping at 3 in the afternoon. He lay on the couch, arms crossed and legs splayed across Jungkook’s lap.

Jungkook giggles at the most recent game he was playing, eyes concentrating on his phone. Jimin, who is getting ready for the camera on the stylist-noona’s station, carefully moves his eyes towards the source of the laughter. He smiles at the maknae and moves his eyes towards the sleeping dongsaeng, his eyes lingering a little too long.

Since when did he get so tall?

Why is that mole on his nose so cute?

Since when were his fingers so long and pretty?

Why are his eyelashe-

Jimin catches himself. No. No. I do not- I cannot-

He abruptly gets up from the stylist noona’s chair and left the room, mumbling something about his stomach. Jimin glances in the mirror and gasps in horror at the pink splotches on his cheeks. THE GREAT PARK JIMIN DOES NOT BLUSH I AM A MAN DAMN IT.

He furiously splashes water on his face until the color fades to normal. Jimin breathes heavily and nervously plays with the rings on his fingers.

Not this again. He sighs.

It used to be normal. He used to think of Taehyung as his best friend. They used to stay up all night playing video games and watching scary movies and laughing at Hoseok and Jin screaming at the scariest parts. But now he knows all of Taehyung’s quirks, the way he smiles when he’s embarrassed; the way he giggles like a 5-year-old; the way he says “first of all” every time he—

“PARK JIMIN ARE YOU TING I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR TEN FREAKING MINU-“

“NO! HYUNG I AM NOT TING A MAN DOES NOT !” Jimin abruptly leaves the bathroom and finds himself facing a snickering J-Hope.

“Are you done?” J-Hope laughs. “I’ve been waiting for so long Jiminnie,” J-Hope pouts cutely and hugs Jimin’s body.

Jimin feels an urge to punch his hyung for doing aegyo. He shakes his fist at J-Hope and laughs, “Yeah hyung, sorry. I was just busy using the um…mirror.”

Hoseok nods understandingly, “Yes. A man needs to stare at his reflection twice a minute.”

Jimin laughs drily and starts heading back to the waiting room. “Don’t fall into the toilet, hyung.”

J-Hope retorts dramatically, “JIMIN WHAT DID YOU EAT FOR LUNCH IT SMELLS LIKE A PIGPE-“

The younger rushes back to cover the elder’s mouth.

“Hyung!” Jimin says, embarrassed.

J-Hope laughs. “I’m just joking, ahhh our cute Jiminnie.”

Jimin lets go of his hyung, “Of course you’re joking. Jimin does not poop.”

“No I’m not joking.” Hoseok laughs that monkey-like-laugh and quickly escapes to the bathroom before Jimin could pounce on him.

Jimin sighs and returns to the waiting room. The stylist noona begins to scold him for ruining the makeup and Jimin apologizes, blushing.

Taehyung giggles as Jimin sits down, causing the latter to look in the mirror at an awake Taehyung. Taehyung covers his mouth, attempting to suppress his laughter.

Jimin playfully raises his fist and punches Taehyung’s mirror reflection. Taehyung, aware of their game, pretends he is hit and dramatically acts like he was punched by an iron fist. While he dramatically faints and falls onto the couch, he accidentally hits Jungkook’s phone out of the maknae’s hands.

“Hyung!!” Jungkook whines, annoyed. “I was so close to beating my score!”

Jungkook pounces on Taehyung and the two start a wrestling match.

Jimin watched this with mixed feelings; envious of the skin ship and innocent relationship between the two; yet also blissful at his precious Taeh-

WHAT. PRECIOUS? No. No. NO

He pauses in his denial as the manager opens the blinds and the sun hits the waiting room.

The light seemed to adore Taehyung, caressing his face and emphasizing all of his best features.

Jimin gives up.

Ah. Today’s such a tough day.