Damn That Icing

Read Between Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Read Between Lines: Damn That Icing

 

The squishy guy looks from a far, looking at the tall lean guy who is fervently trying to make his own heart cookie in the Do's residence. Their family has been friends, somehow, and how could you expect these two to be inseperable like magic glue? 

There's no way.

So Kyungsoo, being a good bestfriend he is, tries to maintain what he and this stupid creature has now. 

Friendship.

"Kyung babe!!" Jongin shrieks, fanning the black smoke coming from the pan.

"Don't call me babe when I ain't even your lover," Kyungsoo tried to joke and finally went near Jongin. The brunette looked at Kyungsoo like he had commited a crime. "Tch. Just kidding. You take things seriously..." 

Of course, it wasn't a joke.

For sequence of years being together with Jongin, these kinds of pick-up lines and s aren't effective to the numb guy. Kyungsoo thinks that what if he stabs Jongin from behind, will he feel something? 

Of course that was just him and his sadistic rituals.

So if Jongin takes things seriously, it's making Kyungsoo more nervous as . He can imagine Jongin laughing his off when he hears his older bestfriend confess and would say 'I know you're not serious. You always joke. Don't worry I won't forsake you as a bestfriend, Soo.'

 

That imaginary bubblehead forming on top of his head was popped when he darted his eyes on the exasperated Kim Jongin, finally removing the turquoise apron and chef hat he's wearing. 

Tired of life.

Kyungsoo knew these efforts Jongin was putting for the heart shaped cookies weren't for him but somehow, his black heart felt bad for seeing his downtrodden bestfriend. 

"Hyung..." Jongin pursed his lips and looked at the trashes he made. Good thing Mr. and Mrs. Do were out of town for two days, leaving Kyungsoo and Jongin alone. If Mrs. Do was to witness her very neat kitchen being a scary dungeon, she'll probably clean it all day and wouldn't binge to even talk with Jongin. 

But that's a joke. She would still welcome Jongin, knowing her son is happy being with his bestfriend. 

"Hyung...I can never make it with Krystal." Jongin looked very disappointed. "I mean I wanted to give her cookies so I can ask her on Christmas ball but looked who ed up."

"Jongin, remember that you're bestfriends with a good cook," Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and grasped the chef hat and apron sassily with a snap. Jongin's eyes lit up, following Kyungsoo like a puppy. 

"Flour." Kyungsoo commanded. Jongin gave, pouring large amount. 

"Do we even need flour in cookies?" Jongin asked.

"Too bad we're baking vanilla cake instead." Kyungsoo sassed. "Who even fries cookies devoid of oil when you're highly supposed and recommended to oven-bake it?" The brown head says, unaware that it made Jongin more worthless being with the all-great Kyungsoo.

"Sorry." 

"Don't be. I am just kidding." Kyungsoo mixed all the ingredients he instructed Jongin to pour and transferred the condensed liquid to a gray metal heart shaped container. Kyungsoo pre-heats the big oven for at least fifteen minutes and shoves down the container. 

 "Thank you, Kyungsoo." Jongin gratefully said and pulled the messy Kyungsoo with a tight hug, his eyes forming crescent moons.

Who would've thought his real name coming out from Jongin's luscious lips would sound better than a mere, repetitive hyung?

 

 

Kyungsoo sits bored with Minseok, not knowing what to do when the two barely studied for their next quiz. His chin was resting on the back of his hand. 

"Soo," Minseok bawls his eyes, his ever grade concious friend sobbing in front of him. He adjusts his round specs as his face screams everything's too late. "I forgot we will be having a very long quiz on Anatomy! How can I even study when I just knew it twenty ing minutes before?"

"Ten more minutes." Kyungsoo reminded, making his hamster-looking friend more miserable.

"Ughh. Why aren't you even slightly worried?" Minseok wonders, scanning the thick book with a skull as a cover.

"Because I know that even I study, I will be hopeless." Kyungsoo exhaled dreamily, Minseok getting the point. 

Minseok stop budging, wanting to talk how Kyungsoo's weekend with Jongin without his parents went.

"Okay. I guess I won't be GC today," The jet black haired cutie shifted on his seat and sipped some of his cold lattè. "Spill some news. Did something happen with your alone time? Did you confess?"

Kyungsoo slumped his forehead on the table, cutting off his teasing tone that hurts him. "Hell yeah. We made a cake."

Minseok's loud laugh resonated along the whole room. Good thing it wasn't too controversial like Chanyeol's. 

"You made a freaking cake? Not something more? You know like adding -"

"Nope. Not at all. Just a vanilla cake for his Christmas ball date." The disappointed student explained.

"At least there's a vanilla in there. If you know what I mean," Minseok smiled but his smile faded when he saw Kyungsoo's eyes daggering at him. 

"Or I am gonna surely whip your head till you bleed." Kyungsoo retorted, looking all pissed. 

 "Oh Soo! It's quiz time! Hurry up!" Minseok stood up immediately and carried his stuff. 

"Yeah, you too." Kyungsoo replied, following his bestfriend like a dead zombie. 

Ironically, not because of his studies but because he's frustrated with Jongin's numbness, for how many years already.

 

 

"Hey Jonginnie," Kyungsoo called out, bringing some more Lays and Pringles near his bestfriend. "My parents won't be home tonight. Some business trip came in. Your mom even told me to take care of you, kiddo." 

"Oh really?" Jongin replied, eyes still focused on the flat screen tv. "Hey hyung stop blabbering and watch with me." Jongin invited, patting the seat between his thighs. 

Between his thighs. 

Between.

Kyungsoo's eyes went wide as Christmas Balls and walked near the bed with hesitation. "You don't expect me to sit there, do you?"

Jongin furrowed his brows, feigning innocence. "I don't see anything wrong with that. We are both guys and we're bestfriends." 

Kyungsoo's heart dropped. Yeah. 

He almost forgot this was one-sided.

 

Kyungsoo, albeit knowing it'll be entirely awkward for him, still paced near the bed. 

"Spread your legs," Kyungsoo said in a dominant voice but coughed awkwardly when Jongin covered his own mouth like that phrase reminded him of something. 

"You looked like you're watching ," Kyungsoo joked and placed himself between Jongin. It felt warm...and comforting.

"Hyung, you're bouncing on me." Jongin chuckled. Funny for him, but not for the elder because he's sure that sounded so wrong. 

"On the bed, not on you. The two were different." Kyungsoo defended.

"Yeah. They're different. But you can be on the same situatuon if you'd like to." Jongin smirked, his tone becoming different from being mindless. 

What was happening? One thing Kyungsoo's certain of is the fact that this is not Jongin who's messing up with him right now. 

Before Kyungsoo could even escape from Jongin's grip, the younger s his arm around Kyungsoo and rested his chin on the squishy's shoulder. "I'm tired. Let's just stay like this." 

Kyungsoo almost remembered. This kid is getting weirder when he's tired. 

"How did it go with Krystal?" Kyungsoo asked, his eyes focused on the scifi thriller movie, Inception, that he is watching with Jongin for the fourth time already. 

"Tomorrow's the 25th so I'll probably give the vanilla cake you and I made tomorrow." Jongin's eyes were sleepy, his disheveled brunette hair tickling Kyungsoo's neck. 

"I'm wishing you luck." 

"Thanks, Soo." Jongin sneered amd shifted his seat, making Kyungsoo quite comfortable. This isn't the first time the younger initiated an intimate skinship like this but he guesses this is an oppurtunity given to him. "How about you, Soo? Do you have a partner at tomorrow's ball?" 

"Not yet. But earlier, I received a letter on the edge of my locker." Kyungsoo informed, remembering how he received a love letter written in nice cursive. Probably a girl, judging the clean penmanship.

"Really? From who?" Jongin wondered, his every breath tickling Kyungsoo's neck. 

"I wonder..." Kyungsoo sighed, unconciously leaning his head back on Jongin's shoulder. "Let's sleep. I am too tired. Got too many exams earlier and the tasks at my orgs are stressing me." 

"Hmm just a bit longer." Jongin pleaded. The screen is now black with the credits and name of actors shown. 

"The movie was good." Kyungsoo said, turning the tv off with the remote at his nightstand. He tries his best to restrain his feelings because what Jongin does is provoking him to confess.

And Kyungsoo's afraid of rejection.

"I know. We watched it for three times already," Jongin informed again but whispered something on Kyungsoo's right ear. "But I've been looking at you the whole time." 

"Seriously you're just tired. Get some sleep, Jongin-"

"You like me, Soo." Jongin's tone was too teasing like the younger had known it the whole time. And this time, Jongin the side of Kyungsoo's neck, enough to make the older's breath hitch.

"S-stop."

"You like me. And I guess you wanted what's happening."

 

This isn't right.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter