Final

Their Winter Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As she kept rubbing her palms together while blowing some warm breath to them occasionally, Jung Jessica wanted nothing but to reach her place as fast as possible. Not only did she want to take her boots off and change into her comfy-as-hell sweatpants and sweater, then put some warm socks on, she also wanted to snuggle up against her dearest one; the particular lovely workaholic, Kim Taeyeon—who had sent a text earlier, saying that she had been home, waiting for the younger woman to spend Christmas Eve together.

Never in the 19 years of her life did Jessica run for someone. As late as she was, walking gracefully upon the pavement like it was her runway had always been her thing, no matter how many times Taeyeon scolded her for that, since the latter stood for the saying ‘time is money’. There were times where her unchanging habit led to some pointless arguments, which had been most likely ended with a great, mind-blowing make-up . And for that, never once did Jessica regret what she had done.

However the image of Taeyeon wearing the white sweater she had personally knitted for her last Christmas while waiting for her on the sofa like a puppy, successfully made Jessica fasten her pace, despite the crowd of people and the slippery snow on the ground.

Yes, the Jung Jessica was walking fast.

Leaving the bright and lively side of the metropolitan city of Seoul, she started contemplating to really take her heavy boots off once she climbed the almost endless, boring stairs up to their humble neighbourhood. But she did not want to have her socks all soaked wet and her feet frozen, so she kept them on until she reached the front door of their small yet cozy home, which they had been sharing for the last 2,5 years.

She was about to insert her key when suddenly the door was opened, as if Taeyeon knew she had come. As if Taeyeon had been waiting for her in front of the door. As if Taeyeon had been missing her as much as she had.

And the thought was like a warm blanket that immediately covered her heart, making her unable to hold back a wholehearted smile at the girl who was wearing that particular white sweater.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” Taeyeon grinned back, leaning in to kiss her forehead before leading her in, hand-in-hand, then closed the door behind them.

Oh boy, how warm her hand was.

“Do you really have to wait in front of the door?” the blonde asked with a snigger as she—finally—kicked her boots away.

Taeyeon nodded cutely as she helped her unwrap the scarf and hung it. “Can’t help it.”

Jessica’s smile grew a bit wider, if that was even possible. “Miss me that much?”

“You wish.” Taeyeon laughed playfully when the younger girl pinched her waist with annoyed hiss as they headed to their old black sofa. The living room was basically where they, well, lived. The working and dining tables were there, as we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter