FInal

Memory Box

 

 

 

 

 

"You are here." His soft voice spoke from the couch. Jongin smiled at Sehun. He took off his shoes and his coat. "Took you a while today. Didn't it?" Jongin nodded. "So how was your day?" 

"It was good." He replied softly and sat on the floor next to the couch. 

"It doesn't seem like it." He put his arms around his neck from the back and rocked slowly. "What's that?" His eyes went down to see Jongin was holding, a box. 

He opened to the box slowly as if he did not want to disturb the contents that were inside the box. 

"Your memory box, huh?" He spoke softly and he gave a slight nod. He put the lid of the box and looked at the things he had collected. He lifted a photograph of him and Sehun when they went to Lotte World together for the first time. 

"Lotte World. Do you remember how badly I wanted to go on that ride?" Jongin smiled at the time. "And you wouldn't let me go on because of your boyfriend responsibilies." He gave a soft chuckle.

 

 

 

"KAI!!! Let's go on that ride!!" Sehun was jumping like a little child pointing at it. His childishness made Jongin laugh at him as he back hugged him. "What? This is no time for skinship Kim Jongin. Let's go on the ride." He spoke while the breaking the hug and pulled him towards the ride. 

"Okay, okay! I get it. But anytime is time for skinship. You are my boyfriend Oh Sehun." He put his arms around his waist. 

"So?"  He lifted his eyebrows and grinned at him. "We are getting late for the ride." He gave a small pout while wrapping his arms around his neck. 

"Is that ride really more important than me? We have come here together for the first time you know." He frowned slightly. 

"Yes! The ride is important." He gave a short sweet laugh and gazed his eyes. "But you are important as well." He placed his lips on his. He could feel his frown easing into a small smile.

Just before the kiss got heated, he pulled back from Jongin. 

"What was that?" He was out of breath and the sudden motion left him confused. 

"Let's go on the ride." He laughed as he ran dragging him along with him. 

"Aish this boy!" He couldn't help but laugh at the situation and starting running with him. They reached the entrance of the ride, panting heavily, meeting a long queue of youngsters waiting to go on the ride. 

"This is all because of you!" Sehun gave him a soft punch on his arm in annoyance. 

"Why is it because of me?" He spoke rubbing his arm. "And that hurt." He gave an exaggerate hurt look on his face. 

"Stop that! You look like an idiot." Both of them burst out laughing. "And it's because of you, because..."

"Say KIMCHI!!!" Jongin produced a camera and took a picture of both of them not allowing Sehun to complete his sentence. 

 

 

 

"That was such a funny day. I had so much fun." He spoke rubbing his hair. 

He put the picture down and picked up a necklace. 

"Oh you have it? I had been looking for it since forever." He heard him speak with a slight tone of complaint in his voice. 

 

 

 

"Nini, I don't think I am ready." Sehun was in front of a restaurant where Jongin wanted to introduce him to his mother. 

"Sehun, you look great. Why are you nervous?" He did look breathtakingly beautiful. It was a simple black suit. His hair was neatly done and slightly eyeliner, something Jongin knew Sehun loved dearly. Though he looked simple, he looked perfect. 

"Because this is your mom Nini." Jongin studied his face. Light pale skin, pink cheeks and slightly red lips for all that biting. He was simply gorgeous. 

"Sehun, one day or another you would have to meet my mother. She needs to know that you are my boylfriend." He wrapped his arm around him, to comfort him. "Please meet her for me?" He gave a reassuring smile which eased his fears and gave him his hand.

"Okay. Let's go." He gave a small smile as he laced his fingers with his and walked into the restaurant. 

"Omonim." Jongin called out to an elderly lady, gracefully dressed who was waiting for them. 

"Jongin! You are here." He gave him a hug. "And you must be Sehun." There was happiness in her eyes, Sehun noticed it in an instant. She gave Sehun a hug and gestured both of them to sit down. 

"Jongin has been talking about you quite often," Sehun gave a shy look "but it's only today I see you. You are very beautiful my dear." Sehun felt his cheeks pink slightly. 

"Thank you." Sehun responded with a slight bow with his head. 

"Sehun I want you to accept this." He pushed forward a small case. Sehun looked at Jongin, who was smiling tenderly at him.

"Omonim, there was no need for this." He replied softly.

"There is a need. Take it as a gift from me." He patted Sehun's hand. "Open it." He urged Sehun. Sehun glanced at Jongin again and gave him a slight nod. 

In the case was a beautiful silver pendant in the shape of a raindrop with a silver chain. 

"It's beautiful omonim." Breathtakingly beautiful.

"Just like you my dear." 

 

 

 

"I remember I was so scared to meet your mother. I don't know why though, but meeting her was the best thing that happened. She was so sweet." Jongin's eyes were dazed out as he nodded slightly, remembering the beautiful past. "Remember to give it back to me." He gave a soft laugh. 

Jongin put the necklace and picked up a velvet case. 

"Jongin, are you sure you want to open this?" His voice spoke of care and concern. "Don't open it Jongin." His voice whispered in his ears warning him against it.

He flicked the case open, and saw a diamond ring. 

 

 

 

"You better be in time for the dinner! Okay?" Jongin was on the phone racing around his house. He was preparing dinner for both of them. He was excited about this day and he did not want it have any faults. 

Today was the day where he was going to propose to Sehun. Their relationship would turn into marriage. 

He was excited about this for days, thinking of the right recipes to cook, look for the perfect ring, arranging flowers he liked. Everything had to be perfect. Just perfect. 

He looked at the case he was holding and flicked it open. A diamond ring. His diamond ring. There was no doubt that he would not like it. He was well aware of his taste and this was it. 

His phone started ringing and excitedly answered the phone.

"Yes?" 

And there was silence. A moment of blankness. 

He dropped his phone on the floor. 

"Hello? Jongin! Please speak!!" The person on the spoke kept shouting. But Jongin was too shocked to listen. 

And in that moment he darted out of the house. Looking for Sehun. Praying that he survived the car accident. There must have been a mistake. It couldn't have been Sehun. The case was in his left pocket, and it was for him. He could not leave him behind. 

When he saw him in hospital, he knew fate could not be changed. Jongin broke down in the hospital, next to his bed.

He was no more.

 

 

 

"I am sorry Nini." His voice ringed in his ears. Jongin turned to look at him, with tears in his eyes. "I did not mean to leave." 

And with that, his image starting fading. 

"Just know that I will always love you." He spoke in sweet voice one last to him before he disappeared completely. 

Jongin started breaking down heavily, holding onto the box where he kept every memory of both of them safe.