final

remember the taste of my lips

Henry usually spends his day off sleeping in. With the never ending hours of filming he’s been doing lately, god knows how much sleep he has to catch up on. Sleeping until 4 PM was his original plan but Amber decided to come over after lunch with a grin and four packs of beer in both hands. He raises an eyebrow in question because it’s only two o’clock and it’s too early to be drinking. Amber shrugs and walks past him, heading straight to his kitchen and rummaging through his cupboard for some chips. Henry rolls his eyes and shuts the door, returning to his place on the couch.

 

“Why are we drinking?” he asks once Amber gets back from the kitchen with a bowl of chips.

 

“Nothing. I just want to.” Amber shrugs again, plopping next to him.

 

“You can’t even hold your alcohol well.” Henry says with an eye roll as he pops open a bottle. Amber just sticks her tongue out and steals the bottle from him, taking a huge swig. Henry watches in amusement.

 

Amber is barely done with her second bottle and she’s already drunk, fingers fumbling with her phone. Henry, who’s still sober, laughs at her.

 

“Oh I like this song!” Amber suddenly exclaims and she almost falls down when she stands up but Henry’s quick to hold on to her. Amber giggles and presses play. “Come on, stand up!”

 

Henry thinks she’s way too drunk to be moving but her cheeks are flushed and the afternoon sun casts shadows on her face and good god, she’s so beautiful. He takes her extended hand and she giggles again, clinging to his neck and she almost falls again.

 

“You’re so drunk.” Henry says with an amused laugh, wrapping his arms around her waist to prevent her from falling.

 

“Maybe.” Amber laughs and he feels her breath on his neck.

 

Henry thinks it’s a little bit ridiculous - slow dancing to an old Mariah Carey song in the middle of the afternoon with his drunk girlfriend in his arms but it also feels nice to be with her like this. Especially when she presses her forehead against his, grinning in her drunken state, before she aims for his lips. She missed, kissing him on the chin instead and Henry laughs, both at her inability to kiss him properly and the little whine that escaped .

 

“I hope you remember this when you’re sober.” Henry chuckles before he claims her lips and Amber giggles into their kiss, pulling away almost immediately.

 

“You have very soft lips.” she giggles some more, gripping the front of his shirt.

 

Henry lets out a laugh. “I do?”

 

“Mhmm,” she nods, pulling him closer to peck his lips, still giggling. Henry chuckles, muttering how she’s so hammered and Amber silences him with a kiss and he responds on reflex, tightening his grip on her waist and pulling her as close as possible, wanting no space between them as he revels on the way fits perfectly against his.

 

She’s still giggling when she pulls away, her cheeks more flushed than it was before and Henry likes to think it’s because of the kiss and not the alcohol.

 

“You’re a good kisser, I should keep you.” Amber says with a grin, arms circling his neck.

 

“You better.” Henry laughs and gods, he’s so in love with her. “I love you, Amber.”

 

Amber is still grinning, leaning forward until their noses bump, cheeks still flushed. “I love you, too, even though you’re an idiot.”

 

Henry laughs and they continue to sway together, Amber’s giggles drowning out the music and Henry didn’t mind at all. After all, this is a much better way to spend his day off.