Shaken

Take Care of the Ending

 

 

“Kim Myungsoo. I’m sorry I hit your dog.”

 

The voice was so gentle but it seems such a deafening noise that hit Myungsoo ears. Lee Jieun almost killed his dog, his beloved dog, his one and only Gongju.

 

“It was an accident. Everything happened so fast. I’m really sorry.” Being in a relationship with Jieun for a very long time, he’s able to tell what’s going on inside Jieun’s mind through her voice and he can easily tell right now, by the tone of her voice and her choice of words, that Jieun is sincerely being sorry and that she doesn’t have any control of the situation because she’s the one at fault and she’s just truly sorry about it. The situation would’ve been cute. Jieun would’ve been cute and Myungsoo won’t deny it but there isn’t anything cute with his dog now whimpering in pain.

 

Myungsoo doesn’t actually know what to feel. He wants to be mad at Jieun for hurting Gongju, for almost killing her. Gongju isn’t just a mere dog to him. Gongju became his most trusted companion, a best friend that never left him and the reason why he never felt alone all this time.

 

But at some point, he can’t find the courage to put out all his rage on Jieun. He doesn’t know why but there’s something inside of him that stops him from getting all angry at her and all he can do is to look at Jieun with his cold stare. Honestly, even that cold stare was hard for him to pull off.

 

Maybe it was because he can never really get mad at Jieun. It’s like his mind and his heart is programmed not to feel hatred on her no matter how bad or terrible the things she does. He never did get mad at her even when they broke up and accused him of cheating on her. Even when she broke his heart, he did get hurt but he never did felt angry. Kim Myungsoo can’t get mad at Lee Jieun. Not now, not ever.

 

And so it left him with nothing but to send Jieun away from him and from his sight simply because he doesn’t know what to do and what to say. He can’t find his sanity right now as well as his words.

 

“I’ll just see you tomorrow, Jieun. Please leave.”

 

***

 

“Since when did Myungsoo became so affectionate with animals? I can’t remember him interacting to animals.”

 

“God, Jieun. He even has a cat before.”

 

Fine, Jieun is just trying to make herself feel less guilty about what happened because the sound of Myungsoo’s voice when he asked her to leave, as well as the unreadable, almost blank expression he’s wearing can’t get out of her mind. It’s making her uneasy.

 

But how are they supposed to meet tomorrow? There aren’t any scheduled meetings between KS Group and Lee Corporation for tomorrow and there’s also no other reason for her and Myungsoo to meet tomorrow aside from the dog, of course.

 

In all honesty, Jieun doesn’t want to see Myungsoo as much as possible but she can’t shake off the guilt and forget about the situation. So whether she admits it or not, she’s on the disadvantage and she should make it up to Myungsoo at least.

 

Gathering all her courage, she contacted someone whom she knows that could help her.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Sungyeol oppa, this is Jieun. Can I ask something?”

 

 

 

***

 

“Director Kim, are you alright?”

 

Myungsoo’s secretary, Park Jihyo, can’t help but notice how fidgety her boss is since he came to the office. She is used to Myungsoo having only two moods in the morning when coming to work. It will only be either a bright, smiling Kim Myungsoo or a total cold, pissed off Director Kim. So it was obvious the difference in Myungsoo’s behavior today and Jihyo is totally uncomfortable about it.

 

“Yes, I am. Why? Don’t I look okay?”

 

“Sir, you look so anxious. Is something wrong?”

 

Myungsoo looked a little bit stunned with Jihyo’s remark. Anxious.  He is being anxious. Hell, why wouldn’t he be anxious when he just came to know that Lee Jieun asked for the address of his new apartment.

 

It’s very much peculiar to him. It’s so much unbelievable when Sungyeol informed him early in the morning that Jieun called him last night, asking for his address. He doesn’t want to believe at first because Sungyeol is a jokester but he knows that Sungyeol won’t joke on something very sensitive to him like Lee Jieun.

 

It would be about Gongju, of course. Myungsoo’s pretty sure that Jieun would come and talk about the accident that involved her and his dog. Jieun would try to compensate him in any way possible, he predicted. He knows how Jieun hates to be in debt to other people.

 

“Jihyo, what would you feel if your ex suddenly shows up in your life again?”

 

Jihyo was surprised to hear such question from her boss but she hid it at the face of her worried employer and tried to respond as truthful as she could be.

 

“If I know that I’m over him, I would just be fine. But if I’m only pretending to be over him all this time, I think I would start to worry because I know I would be easily shaken by him and I might just lose my sanity if that happens.”

 

Myungsoo wasn’t able to respond easily. He remained quiet. Shaken. He was shaken. Jieun came and everything that he tried to hold back is coming out of him suddenly. Even if he pretends to be cool about Jieun’s presence, he knows that he can’t because just like what Jihyo said, he’s just pretending to be over her all this time.

 

“Then, what’s the reason why we can’t get over someone?”

 

“Because no matter how much they hurt us, no matter how deep the wound they cut in our heart, the amount of love we have for them is incomparable, which because how could our heart keep beating if it’s barely alive, right? But that’s one of the wonders of loving someone. Out heart won’t ever stop beating no matter how damaged it is even if the damage was caused by them.”

 

Jihyo doesn’t know much of Myungsoo’s personal life and she chose not to because she doesn’t see it very much essential to her work as a secretary so she never imagined that she would get to talk to her boss like this. It’s very personal and so much not related to work. Seeing how Myungsoo is reacting right now, she guesses that the girl is very much loved by her boss and that her boss was also very much hurt by her.

 

“Thank you for answering me with much honesty, Park Jihyo. “

 

“Anytime, Director Kim.”

 

 

***

 

“He should be home by now, right? Well, he better be.”

 

It’s 10pm and Jieun is standing in front of Myungsoo’s apartment door. She got the address from Sungyeol last night and even if she intends not to tell Myungsoo, she’s hoping that Sungyeol gave him a head’s up just to lessen the awkwardness.

 

But even before she pressed the doorbell, she was stopped by a familiar voice from behind.

 

“Director Lee.”

 

She turned around and saw Myungsoo, with a little smile lingering in his lips which she would want to consider as a smirk.

 

“Drop that. We’re not in the office.”

 

Myungsoo chuckled. “Fine then, Jieun. What did you came here for?”

 

“You said last night that you would come see me today but you didn’t come to the office. It’s about your dog.”

 

“My dog’s pretty fine now. I left her with the veterinary until she’s fully recovered.”

 

“I’ll pay all the expenses. As compensation.”

 

Jieun would rather be straightforward now. She’s starting to feel bad about being close to Myungsoo and talking to him for too long. She needs to end the conversation as soon as she can, take care of Gongju’s expenses and to not have any involvement with him anymore aside from the joint project of their companies.

 

“Jieun, I’m capable of taking care of Gongju’s expenses. I don’t need that.”

 

“You know I can’t just let it go like this, Myungsoo.”

 

Myungsoo started to walk closer to Jieun causing for the latter to step back until her back reached wall. Jieun really can’t help but feel uncomfortable on how close their proximity is. She could push him away but she’d rather not touch him.

 

“I know you only want to have a clear conscience but I don’t need your money. I would want something a lot more important.”

 

Jieun hates how Myungsoo’s stare would always make her lost for words. All she can do now is to stare back at him as well with her heart beating like crazy.

 

“I want your time, Lee Jieun. Go to dinner with me. Tomorrow night.”

 

 


 

 

I'm sorry it took me forever to update. Too many school works, as always.

 

But the semester finally over now so I can update frequently again. Yey!

 

This chapter's a little bit short. Sorry :( I'll try to make it better in the nexrt chapters :)

 

Read.Comment.Subscribe.Upvote.ENJOY!

 

lovelots,

matoki_angel