Chapter 2

Colorless

Luhan breathed in the cool air and only faced forward. Refusing to look back if he accidentily bumped into someone, he has had enough of looking back at the past. Luhan looked at street names and made his way towards the flower shop at the corner of the block to buy seeds. He wanted to plant a new flower at the garden today. Luhan hid half of his face as he made his way inside, the jingling of bells were heard as he opened the door. 

"Hello sir, its chilly this morning isn't it? Have you come for new flowers?" A voice rang through the warm shop that had flowers all over, even some hanging from the walls.

Luhan nodded in response and went straight to the seed packets to find what he was looking for.

Marigolds, Luhan brought the small packet up to the counter to pay for them.

"Ah marigolds...they are so pretty."

Luhan nodded again, his eyes blinking rapidly thinking about how they were Sehun's favorite flowers. 

The cashier was interested in Luhan, his wordless actions. He observed all his gestures, even Luhan's hands being tucked away in his pockets.

"Marigolds..Uhm, sir?"

Luhan looked up, "Yeah?"

"You're not plannting these today right? Marigolds are to be planted and grown in the spring..."

Luhan looked down again, embaressed. "Oh..."

The cashier looked at Luhan with concern and sighed, "What's your name?"

"Luhan." Luhan answered softly while slowly taking one of his hands out of his pockets to take back the small packet of seeds.

"Alrighty Luhan, why don't I just ring these up for you so that you have some flowers to plant in the spring yeah?"

Luhan pushed the marigold packet back towards the cashier's side of the counter, "Okay." He looked towards the cashier's nametag. Joonmyun. "Thank you...Joonmyun."

Joonmyun looked down at his nametag and smiled softly while looking back at Luhan, "It's no problem, here you go." He handed him the packet of marigolds in a little bag. Luhan took the bag and nodded again before making his way out. Luhan walked towards the flower garden, despite not having the flowers he wanted to plant. 

 

He arrived and looked around at all the winter flowers bloom and sat down on the only bench there. Sehun. Luhan thought. He looked up towards the sky, it was cloudy and grey but the sun seeped through the clouds. The sky looks like you today. After a while, Luhan stood up to water all the flowers while saying small things to each of them, "You look tired today.", "You miss Sehun too don't you?", "I wonder where he is too little one." Luhan touched their petals gently. Then he took the small packet of marigolds out of the bag, "Sehun would have loved to see you here." He spoke to them softly and examined each seed thinking of how beautiful they would look, and how they would have made Sehun smile an even more beautiful smile. 

Your smile. The smile that stopped time and made Luhan's heart fill up with warmth at the sight of it. The smile that carried Luhan into Sehun's heart and cradled him so that Luhan felt true happiness. True happiness knowing Sehun was happy being around him. True happiness knowing he was able to smile. The smile that took him into a completely other world, where flowers grew everywhere and dandelions held endless wishes. A place where he was able to lay on Sehun's chest as they stared up at the sky together from the garden's ground, listening to his steady heartbeat. 

Luhan gently placed the small packet back into the bag. Luhan looked back at the flowers once more before walking away.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo tripped over his own feet as he made his way into the theater with his hands filled with two sodas and his nachos that he always had to have at the movies. 

"Kyungsoo, this is why I told you I should hold the other-"

"No no Jongin, I can handle it." Kyungsoo huffed as he took slower steps

Luhan trudged behind the two as Jongin sighed while walking next to his boyfriend. Luhan was lost in his thoughts, remembering. He would always remember, and he wished the memories didn't hurt as much as they do.

"Luhan?"

Luhan looked up from staring at the ground. 

"We're going to sit over here, come on!" Jongin called out as the advertisements played on the big screen. Luhan had not even noticed they walked into their movie. Holding his small popcorn close to his chest, he made his way to his seat next to the two. They were watching the newest movie but Luhan couldn't remember what it was called nor could he bring himself to care. Funny, he could remember word by word the messages Sehun sent to him but not the name of one movie. 

Ten minutes into the movie Luhan fell asleep, too tired to pay attention any longer.

 

"Hey you." Luhan opened his eyes to the most beautiful figure.

Or so he thought.


Please leave comments they're really motivating.