Maybe Three?

Dreamcatcher: A Christmas Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JAMIE'S POV
No matter how much you were trying to catch up on your sleep when you had the chance to do so, ever since you became a mommy of two, you were up early despite your attempts. As soon as you opened your eyes and looked to your right you found your husband still asleep. You smiled and couldn't resist to crawl behind him. The second you put your arm around his waist, Jonghyun took your hand in his and squeezed it a little. He wasn't asleep? You were surprised to think he would be awake after wrapping up the Japanese tour. Jonghyun carefully pulled on your arm pulling you closer. He was definitely awake. You kissed his muscular back before you rose your head. “Did I wake you?” you whispered while Jonghyun rolled on his back pulling you in his arms. “No you didn't” and kissed you good morning. “Mhm. I missed that. A lot” you whispered with a smile plastered on your face leaning onto his chest admiring the sleepy yet handsome face you missed staring at you. “I missed you more” Jonghyun smirked holding you tightly kissing you once more. “I am happy you are home” you confessed playing with his hair a little. “I'm happy to be home too. It was fun to do these concerts again, but I am looking forward being just a daddy and a husband right now and not be SHINee's Jonghyun for a few days”. You smiled “Yea I missed my husband and the girls missed their daddy. You know Ashley said she wanted to see you in Japan when I explained to both you were in Tokyo”. Jonghyun shrugged “They did?”. “Mm. 'Why is daddy in Tokyo? We can go to Tokyo'” you imitated your daughter's voice.


“Aigo. Well maybe I should take them someday so they know what I'm doing” Jonghyun smiled. “I think they somewhat understand, because after all they see you on the TV sometimes, but they just don't really understand why daddy has to travel from time to time. Amanda really doesn't like it at all knowing you're not home after work. She will cry for an hour and then she's okay, but as soon as she talked to you on the phone she starts looking for you and the whole circus starts again. She's really attached to you” you explained. “Maybe I should stay home for a while. Spend some time with the girls. She's like that because I'm away quite a lot lately” he whispered somewhat feeling guilty “Baby, how do you do this? Get up in the morning, making their breakfast, getting them showered and dressed, drop them off at kindergarten two times a week and still have all the energy to run your dance school and come back after that making dinner, spent quality time with them. I just...how?” You smiled at his words because he sounded so worried. “You'll find your way at doing things believe me. This is what being a mommy is like and yea they do test my patience and drive me crazy from time to time, but would I change anything? No way! No matter how many times I want to pull my hair out from frustration, they're my everything. It's a full time job to be a mom but I know they love me and they just need to be raised. That's my job. Our job. You know my mommy heart hurts as soon as I drop them off at kindergarten, but for them it's good to interact with other children their age. Even though I don't always like it to drop them off there, it's for their future” you explained. “You're pretty amazing you know that?” Jonghyun smiled caressing your cheeks. “I knew that day we met you were amazing but I am just baffled sometimes how you handle everything. Are you superwoman?” he chuckled making you laugh. “Would you like it if I was?” you shrugged. “Of course! You're my superwoman. I love you” he smiled before kissing you for a third time and rolled you on your back to deepen the kiss and give yourselves a little bit of quality time since these were pretty rare.

“Mhm” you interrupted the kissing. No matter how much you missed your husband and were enjoying this quality time, you knew your girls would be up soon too. Most definitely Ashley because she was always the first to be up. “I should go and get dressed. The girls will be up soon and I should prepare their breakfast” you whispered. “Mm” Jonghyun smiled pressing his warm lips back on yours. “You should relax a little too. Let me prepare breakfast so you can take some time to get dressed. How's that?” he suggested keeping his eyes locked on yours. “Babe you just got home. You sure you don't want to rest a little? I can handle this” you assured your husband who shook his head. “Baby I know you can handle it. I don't doubt that, but you're doing enough every day when I am not at home. Let me be the husband right now and tell you to take your time to enjoy a shower or whatever it is you need or want to do and let me be a daddy and make our girls breakfast. I got this” he insisted. There was no sense of arguing with that man of yours because he was getting his way one way or another. “Okay. If you're sure about this I won't say no” you smiled running your fingers through his hair and let him kiss you all over again before he got out of bed and headed into the bathroom. “Don't you have to take a shower though?” you asked stepping out of bed and threw on your silky robe following your husband into the bathroom who splashed some water in his face. “I'll shower after breakfast” he assured you rubbing his face on a towel surprising you with another kiss. “I missed that” you confessed. “In that case I will shower you with a lot of kisses whenever I can” and quickly threw some clothes on. “I can't wait. I'll be out in a bit” you smiled pecking his cheek before turning on the shower while your husband walked out to make breakfast.

Quietly Jonghyun was preparing the breakfast putting some bowls on the kitchen table while the rice was cooking before he turned back to the stove to make a soup. As soon as the rice cooker made a sound letting him know that the rice was cooked, Ashley walked in holding her plush dolphin under her arm. “Mommy?” she mumbled following by a yawn looking a little surprised when she didn't find her mommy in the kitchen but her daddy instead. “Daddy!” she cheered running off to Jonghyun in the Kitchen and nearly tripped. “Be careful sunshine” he smiled kneeling down to hug his princess and gave her a big kiss. “You really are home on Christmas” Ashley smiled while Jonghyun pecked her warm cheek for a second time. “Of course daddy is home on Christmas. I can't let you and Amanda and mommy be alone” and hugged her tightly. “What is that?” she asked pointing at the boiling soup. “Daddy is making some soup. Is that okay?” he smiled looking at his daughter tucking her long hair behind her ear. She didn't say anything and just nodded. “Daddy can I watch TV?” she asked blinking at her daddy who put her back down and followed her into the living room and switched the TV on putting it on some child channel. “You go and sit here until your sister is awake too so we can eat” Jonghyun informed her. “Okay daddy” Ashley smiled while Jonghyun kissed the top of her head before he walked back into the kitchen to finish breakfast.

Once you were showered and dressed you walked into the living room finding your daughter curled up on her chair in front of the TV not wearing any socks as expected. You were so used to this routine you always brought it with you from the laundry pile in the guest room. “Ashley honey you really have to put some socks on. You're going to be sick” you reminded your daughter handing her some socks before you kissed her head and headed into the kitchen. “Amanda not awake yet?” you asked surprised washing your hands as your husband was filling the four bowls with soup. “No she isn't. At least I haven't seen her up yet” Jonghyun replied putting the bowls down. “I'll go check on her” he insisted and headed to the girls' room. Quietly Jonghyun opened the door that was slightly open and glanced left of the room where Amanda was sleeping. Jonghyun couldn't stop smiling when he found his little princess sleeping like a baby hugging her stuffed panda that was almost just as big as herself. Carefully he sat on the edge of the bed putting a hand on her forehead to make sure she was okay. She felt a little warm, but nothing like fever. “Amanda” Jonghyun whispered while he carefully her head until she groggily opened her eyes. She really wasn't a morning person and needed her time to wake up, but today was different. As soon as she found daddy sitting on the bed she carefully pushed her panda friend aside and crawled up to hug her daddy. “Daddy!” she mumbled and held him tightly while she was crying. “It's okay sweetie pie. Daddy is here” he whispered kissing her head while he cradled her in his lap. “Don't leave daddy” she sobbed while Jonghyun held his crying princess tightly. “Honey daddy isn't going anywhere” he whispered removing the tears from Amanda's red apple cheeks. “I don't like it when you go” she confessed. “I know sweetie” Jonghyun whispered kissing his princess for a second time. “Want daddy to stay home for a few days?” he whispered removing the hair that was sticking to her face. Amanda just blinked looking at her daddy. Was he serious? She quietly nodded and wrapped her little arms around his neck while Jonghyun got up from the bed. “Let's eat some breakfast okay?” he assured his little girl that was clinging to him like a little monkey.

“Ashley honey, let's have some breakfast now okay?” you slightly shouted from the kitchen. Well behaved Ashley got off her little chair and rushed to the kitchen to climb onto a chair and sit down as Jonghyun walked in holding Amanda. “Is everything okay?” you asked worrying about her red cheeks that looked warm. “She missed daddy huh?” Jonghyun smiled kissing her head and put her down in the chair next to her sister. “Poor thing. I really do wonder why she is so attached to you the way she is” you asked and sat down next to Ashley and pulled her hair in a ponytail. “I didn't shower yet mommy” Ashley corrected you since you usually never did their hair before they were showered. “I know, but you don't want hair in your soup” you smiled and her head. Jonghyun sat down next to Amanda and pulled her hair together in a ponytail as well. “It's good to be home on Christmas” he smiled at you looking to both his daughters afterwards. “I missed my girls” he then sing-songed before feeding himself some soup. Once everyone finished their breakfast, you got up and started to clean up the table and put the dishes in the dishwasher after you rinsed the plates and bowls one by one. The girls on the other hand had disappeared into the living room and were sitting in front of the TV. Amanda on the couch and Ashley in front of the TV copying Sistar's Shake It as it came on. The second Jonghyun passed the living room to get showered and dressed he noticed his little princess dancing in front of the TV not able to control the smile plastered on his face. He wondered how his four year old was practically perfectly synchronizing the dance on the TV. Amanda noticed her daddy looking and started laughing but Ashley didn't notice anything and seemed to be caught in her own little world. “Yah” Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter