A Winter Day Before Christmas

Dreamcatcher: A Christmas Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MISA'S POV
Just an ordinary day like any other. The only exception however, Christmas was here. Almost that is. You were more than happy to celebrate these holidays with your loved ones. Especially with the man who meant everything to you. Your husband of two years, Mr Jung Yonghwa. With Christmas only two days away, you were slightly stressing because your inlaws were coming over for an exclusive dinner, which Yonghwa promised to prepare. No matter how much you were accepted within the Jung family, you were missing your own. India is not exactly next door and flights are not the cheapest either and most definitely not around the Christmas holidays. No matter how much you tried to enjoy yourself and make the best of it, you were missing them. The family that raised you into the woman, wife and soon mommy to be, you are today. 

Just when you were about to take the homemade bread out of the oven, your cellphone started dancing on the kitchen table. Instead of taking the bread out you switched off the oven leaving it slightly open so that the heat could escape. Smiling you picked up your phone when you noticed it was your husband. "Hii". "That was fast" Yonghwa chuckled in your ears. "You're not doing anything crazy right now are you?". You rolled your eyes followed by a sigh "No. I am taking very good care of myself" you convinced him with all your might and rubbed your baby bump when you felt your little bear kick in your womb. "Good. I was wondering if we have any plans for tomorrow night?" Yonghwa asked straight to the point. "You are not coming home late again today are you?" you murmured sounding disappointed taking a seat at the kitchen table. "No baby. Listen. I just got off the phone with Jonghyun and he asked what our plans were for tomorrow night. They invited us for dinner" "You do know it's Christmas eve tomorrow evening right?" you reminded your dearest husband running your fingers through the lengths of your hair. "Yes I know. I didn't forget about that. If you're not feeling okay to go, we can stay home too. I am sure they understand that too" Yonghwa continued. You sighed "It's not that I don't want to go. Are you sure they don't have plans? According to Jamie Jonghyun wasn't going to be home until Christmas?" you added sounding somewhat confused. "Yes about that" Yonghwa chuckled "Jonghyun is flying in home earlier from Japan so he will be able to make it. And didn't he just invited us? He wouldn't invite us if he wouldn't have been there would he?". You chuckled at his statement "I guess so. Wait, does Jamie even know he is coming home?". "I don't think she knows and you my love, will not tell her either". "Alright alright I will keep a secret" you smiled giving in. You didn't know why, but you seemed to have turned into a big softie since the day you found out you were going to be a mommy. "Just in case you worry about me, I will be home soon okay?" Yonghwa whispered growing your smile even wider. "Okay. That's a relief because I miss you" you confessed.

Just when you wanted get up from the chair you felt a pair of cold hands covering your eyes. You knew it had to be your one and only husband. "You miss me that much?" a husky voice whispered in your ear. "Yah, your hands are cold" you winched. Slowly Yonghwa removed his hand and leaned forward to kiss your temple. "Sorry?" he smiled handing you a bouquet of lillies that he held behind his back with his right hand. "Oh my god. Is this for me?" you replied full in awe inhaling the scent by which you could tell they were fresh. "They are for the most beautiful mommy to be in the world" Yonghwa smiled ily with a never ending twinkle in his eyes. Carefully you rose from your chair pulling on his coat gesturing him to kiss you. "They are pretty. Thank you" and kissed him again. "But these lillies are not as pretty as you" he smiled cutely tucking a few hairs that were hanging in front of your face behind your ear before he placed his hands on your baby bump. "Are you feeling okay?" he asked with a great amount of worry in his voice. You nodded "Yes, please don't worry. Everything with me and our baby is fine. You heard what the gynecologist said right?" you reminded your overly worried husband. "Yes I did" Yonghwa gave in pulling you in his arms. "I am just worried because the baby can come any time now and I just don't want you to be by yourself when that happens" he confessed. You shook your head "You are here now aren't you?" He nodded once more "And I will be home for the next few days so you definitely won't be alone" Yonghwa assured you. "What about CNBlue?" you added giving your husband a confused look. "This guy has taken a few days off so I can spend some quality time with mommy. Don't worry about it okay?" Yonghwa whispered followed by a smile before he leaned down to kiss you again. "What are you making?" You suddenly turned around in panic worried you left something burning in the oven. "Thank goodness I already switched it off" you sighed with relief holding your hand onto your forehead. "Let me get that" Yonghwa insisted picking up the oven gloves and took the homemade bread out of the oven and placed it on the counter. "This bread looks good" he complimented you when he the stove. "I know you like this bread and I know it something I am good at. Despite of my horrible cooking skills". Yonghwa chuckled "Honey, your cooking skills ain't so bad" "Because I have improved because of you" you sing-songed taking out some vegetables out of the fridge ready to prepare the rest of the dinner. Yonghwa shook his head "I never thought you were a bad cook" "That is because you are my husband now and you are suppose to compliment me". Yonghwa raised his eyebrow with a never ending smile on his face rolling up his sleeves "Really?". You blinked "Don't give me that look" you gestured with your hand washing the paprika's under the running water. 

"What are you making?" Yonghwa asked with a curious tone. "I wanted to make a veggie stew. I thought it would be nice with this weather" you sing-songed. "Mhm" Yonghwa smiled widely suddenly hugging you from behind again. "My wife is making sure I eat good and something vital" and kissed your cheek. You chuckled. "Of course. Besides my mom would scold me if I didn't take good care of my husband" and turned around after you put the washed vegetables on the counter. "You're the head provider right now so the only thing I can do right now is be a good wife and make sure you eat healthy food when you come home after work". Yonghwa shook his head "Don't pressure yourself. I don't mind being the head provider because I want to take care of our little family and that little family includes you too" he assured you taking your face between his handpalms. "Don't you ever think you are just my wife. You're a mommy now and I am appreciating every little thing you have been enduring these last months to make sure our baby's growing healthy. Let me handle the finances. You shouldn't worry about any of that okay? Just leave it up to me okay?". You nodded while holding tightly onto his shirt when Yonghwa's warm lips met the skin of your temple. "Let's finish dinner together" he insisted leaving you a little dazed while he started cutting up the vegetables you just washed. "You know what?" he suddenly interrupted putting the knife down. "How about wifey will relax her feet in the living room while hubby finishes the stew?" and carefully pulled your hands dragging you into the living room. I am going to bring you something to drink, so you just make yourself comfortable". "But, I wasn't even finished? I feel good. I can finish dinner too" you pouted. Yonghwa smirked "I know you can. I never said you couldn't. As from now I want you to relax and let your hubby take care of everything. You just worry about the bundle of love in your tummy" and kissed your cheek before he disappeared into the kitchen and later came back with a glass of juice.

"Anything else I can bring to you ma'am?" Yonghwa smiled cutely after he put the glass of fresh made juice down on the table in front of you. "Since you're not allowing me in the kitchen anymore, can you please bring me my book? It's on the night stand" you begged nicely. "Done" your husband assured you and really went into the bedroom to get your favorite book of all times, Pride and Prejudice. No matter how many times you read this book, it always you right in. Once you started reading there was no way you would put the book aside until you were entirely finished. A classic love s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter