The Preliminaries: Momo x Mina Chapter 12 [Season 1]

Cheese in the Trap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's all a mix of sweat, smoke, and maybe alcohol. It made her close her eyes for a moment, think—think of what this place could be.

They traveled a little rough an hour, stopovers included which are demanded from that girl who gave her meaningful glares constantly whining that she needs to pee. She remembered her name is Sana.

When they walked out of the car though, she was astounded to be facing a huge concrete, completed with broken window panes and a massive brown door. Two bulk men on each side seems to be guarding that entrance, wearing black sunglasses in suits that smelled like cheap perfumes.

Well, the sun's down but they're wearing sunglasses which made Mina grimace for a moment.

She did felt a bad feeling on where they're heading but when Momo stopped for some seconds to wait for her and hold one of her hands, she knows there's nothing to worry about.

Momo's hand is cold. Mina loves it. They say that a person with cold hands has a warm heart. Momo looked steadily infront, no hint of fear as they all walked at a dark hallway. They walked with the other girls behind and she heard how Dahyun wanted Sana to take her steps carefully as the girl whined that she's doing actually fine.

Mina only stared at Momo though. Momo's face that's blank. Then she let her eyes cast down on their hands that are entwined  together. The place is dark and she's sure the others haven't seen them holding hands yet. 

It's also eerily quiet to the point that your normal breathing can be heard thrice as loud as it is. Soon they saw a man wearing a red suit with a dagger at his hands, leaning back against the unpainted wall. He played with it like it's his favourite toy and it seems like he mastered fiddling with it for some time now.

"Boss, you're finally here."

The guy turns to Momo with an enticing smile and puts back his dagger at his pocket. Mina saw the way Momo nods before she walks further as she held Mina's hand tightly. Mina also looks back to see the guy greeting Nayeon and Dahyun with that same smile.

"Don't mind him. He's a natural flirt."

Mina heard the girl say and before she knew it, Momo is looking at her with her face just inches away. They also stopped walking so there's enough light from the window to see the girl's tantalizing orbs.

"But don't worry, we all never flirt back. Maybe Sana did but they both know their limitations. She told me Jackson is her exact type when it comes to men." Momo added before they walk again knowing that the others have catched up.

How long are they walking in this huge building for now? Mina slightly sighs but when she hears sounds other than their breathing all of a sudden, she looks up to see another huge brown door. This time however, there are plenty more men. Same sunglasses, same suits.

Momo nods at them before one of them opens the door, revealing a huge room full of people.

So that's where the sounds are coming from.

The room is just as huge as the building if she's not mistaken. It seems to be a massive hall to her. The lights barely fading and champagne sounds clicked. It is very fancy looking, but the only thing that seems to be out of place is the boxing ring on the very middle and the way she dressed up along with Momo. They're both wearing sweaters and skinny jeans, only then, Momo's are ripped ones which definitely looks good on her.

Mina looked in awe at the place before she felt herself being dragged by Momo.

Yes. A mix of sweat, smoke, and maybe alcohol. Mina closes her eyes for a moment and thought what this place could be.

There are alot of people. She seriously couldn't count them with just her fingers and toenails combined. It seems like it's a party as well as not. Some are wearing expensive suits and dresses while the others just wore boxing shorts and gym outfits.

Mina is literally confused with this place's whole setup.

But Momo noticed the girl's uncomfortable state so she lowers her face and tilts her head to the side, eyes focusing on Mina's closed ones.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

Mina opens her eyes to see Momo's face dangerously close so she shrugs and tries to look away, anywhere but those hypnotizing brown orbs,"I don't know, exactly." She covers her nose when a guy smoking a huge fat tobacco passed by their side.

Momo sighs,"Come on, let's take you somewhere. A place that'll suit your taste better."

Mina nods before they head up the spiral stairs.

---

"Don't worry. I'll take care of her, Master."

Momo shakes her head,"No. Call right-hand Im and tell her to come at the VIP room along with the others."

The guy nods once before hurrying out of the fancy room.

Mina's head is bowed down as she sat at the soft bed with red covers. The aircondition is chilly and Momo saw the girl secretly shivering. So, she takes her jacket that is placed on top of a table and lays it at the back of Mina. It's been there for how long but it doesn't smell that bad. A year has passed since the same event as this one occured, she and the others surely left some of their things here. It's fine since it's well guarded.

She sat beside the girl and fixes the jacket's collar.

"I told you to just come home instead of coming with us." Momo says, eyes not looking at Mina's questioning ones as she busied herself with fixing the jacket that she placed at Mina's body.

"What is this place anyway?" Mina asks, full of curiosity. She saw how Momo sighed before the girl steadied.

"It's kind of hard to explain."

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm afraid you would hate me once you know what I'm truly am..."

Momo looks away and Mina was fast to cup her cheeks. She let Momo look at her back before she says,

"But how could I hate someone like you when I know from the start that I couldn't?"

Momo blinks and she saw the sincerity in Mina's eyes. It was just like they're speaking to her, telling her what the girl said was true. She was about to talk but the door opens and in comes Nayeon's loud voice and Sana's constant whining.

"I like babie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter