My Confession

“My Confession”- Seunghoon Scenario

“Is something bothering you?”

You asked, your hand along the side of your boyfriends arm, the soft wool texture of his thick winter coat brushing along your fingertips. Your gesture snapped him out of his trance, breaking his fixated gaze. “Huh?”

“I said, is there something bothering you? You haven’t said much since we left”

“Oh, right…”

“Seunghoon, you can tell me anything. Clearly there’s something going on”

He stopped, snow continuing to flake in his hair as it descended from the thick winter clouds, the cold breeze sending chills through your body. You turned to face him, taking a few steps to close the space between you as you looked up at him, his warm eyes easing your thoughts. You slipped your cold hands out of your coat pocket and into his, his large hands surprisingly warm as they wrapped with yours. “Hey…talk to me” you spoke softly, the frozen air from your breath escaping your cold lips.

He stared at you deeply, finding yourself lost in his gaze as you felt him gently pull you towards him as he leaned down to kiss you, pressing his lips to yours. The kiss caught you off guard, but you didn’t bother to protest as you hovered on your toes in order to kiss him back. You could feel a smile spread across his face as he took his hands out of his pockets and wrapped his arms around your waist, lifting you gently off the ground and onto his own feet, elevating you by a few inches. You broke away first, giggling to yourself as your foreheads pressed against each other, slightly panting as the visible breath cumulated from your lips. You wrapped your arms around his neck, looking back at him. “Ya! Seunghoon, you can’t just do that to avoid the question.”

“I love you”

You smiled, pecking his lips once more. “I love you too, is that what’s been bothering you?”

“I’ve been wanting to ask you something”

“What is it?” you asked, tilting your head at him.

 “Why do you love me?”

You couldn’t help but smile up at him. “Let’s see, you’re willing to balance me on your shoes so I can look up at you, you make me laugh, I love your personality, every time I smile I think of you…”

You noticed his solemn countenance change, a slight smile spreading across his face with every reason you listed, his softened expression giving you motivation to continue.

“And I would want to spend the rest of my life in your arms”

He now looked at you slightly different than he had before; the way his eyes searched yours indicated that he had finally found his answer. He took a deep breath, “Come on, let’s hurry and get inside. I don’t want you to get sick” he finally said, before detaching himself from you carefully before walking down the sidewalk, his hands shoved in his pockets once again.  You were left standing alone, little white flakes continuing to fall as you hurried along after him, left slightly dazed after your encounter.

 

You both entered the company building together, dusting off the remaining snow and wiping your boots on the mat before heading to the practice rooms. Seunghoon trailed a little ahead of you, your hand locked with his. “Remind me, why are we here again? Isn’t it late?” you asked, keeping your pace even with his. He didn’t respond, but continued to guide you through the halls until you reached the entrance to the practice room. The lights on the inside were completely dark, making you wonder what he was up to. He finally turned around to face you, grabbing both of your hands and bringing them up to his lips, kissing them gently. “Wait here” he spoke, then disappeared into the room.

You smiled, not surprised by his spontaneous gesture as you tried to get a glimpse inside the room, but it was too dark to see anything. Then suddenly one of the lights , music began playing in the background, and you saw Seunghoon in the middle of the room, his jacket off and staring straight at you, gesturing for you to come inside. You faltered as you entered, knowing something was up.

Then you heard a familiar song fill the room, you knew exactly what it was, it was “Confession”; one of Taehyun’s songs. You looked to Seunghoon who took a deep breath and started to dance.

You fixed your eyes on him, fascinated by the amount of elegance and ease he had while dancing, the way his body moved to the music in perfect rhythm, his facial expressions captivating you.

When I wake up, I don’t like mornings without you
It feels like something’s empty
I want to put you by my side and look at you so only I can have you
I want to give myself to you baby

You watched him use the space around him, his long limbs accentuating the choreography, his eyes never tearing from yours.

I’m going to tell you right now
I hope you will smile

You took a step closer to him, entranced by his motions.

Then he faced you directly, making his way onto one knee, pulling something out of his pocket.

I’m confessing now, I want to make you my girl
I want to open my eyes with you, smile and kiss you

Your eyes widened at the small velvet box he presented towards you, your hands flung over your mouth, tears welling in your eyes as your eyes flickered from his to the small ring perched inside. “Seunghoon…”

Just stay by my side
This is my confession

He was slightly panting, his eyes searching yours.

“Three years ago, you stumbled into this room by accident in the middle of our practice…and it was that very day I knew I had fallen for you. I want to spend every moment with you for the rest of my life. I promise to love you every second of every day because you are my life now, and I want to be there for you. (Y/N) will you do me the honor…of marrying me?”

Tears began to streak your face, your watery eyes illuminated in the light. Words couldn’t express how you felt about him, how much he meant to you, and how much you truly loved him. You nodded your head, your body trembling as you tried to form words. “Y-yes, Seunghoon of course. Yes!

He made his way to his feet as you flung yourself into his arms, sobbing into his shoulder with pure happiness as he wrapped his arms around your waist, lifting you up and swinging you around. When he put you back down, you backed away to get a good look at his face, his moistened eyes comforting yours as he took your hand in his. He plucked the ring from the small box and slid it onto your finger, admiring the way it looked on you. You looked to the ring on your finger then back at him, your smile unable to falter as you wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him. He kissed you back deeply, pressing your body closer to his, closing the space between you completely as you lost yourself in his arms, knowing that this was going to be the beginning of the rest of your life together.