Chapter 20: The Sense of an Ending

The Perfect Lyrics of Us

As I walk out of the apartment. I tried to figure out what is going on between us or what might be bothering Sooyoung that bad. I tried to think of every possibility but only one thing registered in my mind.

 

(Flashback)

When we arrived from the Philippines, we went directly to our apartment so we can get some rest for our activities the next day.

But when we reached my room, my Company’s CEO together with my manager was waiting outside. I tried to hide the sight from Sooyoung but the CEO saw me and I knew I needed to face the consequences of my actions. When we inched near them, Sooyoung was giving me a puzzled look but I just gave her a smile to assure that things will be okay.

 

“So you weren’t really sick. Where have you been all this time?” My CEO asked with authority. I looked at my manager who looked rather troubled than I was.

 

“Sir, look, let me just take care of---“

 

“You’ve done enough Ms. Ahn. You may go and please don’t show your face in the company ever again.” He harshly said and I was forced to take responsibility.

 

“Wait, hyung-nim, Don’t you think you are being unfair with my manager? I mean I was the one who went on a vacation on my own.” I told him while my manager started to cry and gesture me not to talk more.

 

“I know, but the fact that she covered up for you and fooled us that you were sick that’s why you can’t attend your promotions is a totally different story.” He pointed out but I remained calm. I glanced at Sooyoung who was holding on my hand very tight and she has the look in her eyes I never wanted to see.

 

“And I think this girl beside you is also one to blame. I heard she was on a vacation as a reward so I suppose she initiated this whole vacation idea, am I right?” He turned to Sooyoung and she was about to talk when I speak again.

 

“Hyung-nim, I think you are going overboard. I told you, this was my idea and no one, not anyone has something to do with it.” I explained once again but my CEO shook his head.

 

“Well, I am sorry but your manager is fired today and I am suspending you for a week to give you time to think if you still want to work with the company.” He said with a straight face and headed off.

 

“Noona, I am really sorry. I will talk to him once again. It’s not fair for you.” I told my manager but she shook her head as she wiped her tears.

 

“Don’t bother anymore. I am actually fine with it, I really wanted to quit this job and thanks for helping me. I am not being sarcastic here, Joonyoung. I’m seriously tired of the nagging and interrogation of that CEO and he made my life hell. At least now, I can work on my own. I am free.” She said and gave me an assuring smile.

 

“I’ll see you later then.” I told her and she nodded before leaving me and Sooyoung. I turned to Sooyoung only to find out she was glaring at me.

 

“What’s all this? What is actually happening?” She madly asked and I sighed before answering.

 

“I can explain everything Sooyoung. So please calm down.” I said and she grew even more serious.

 

“Then explain.” She demanded.

 

“Okay, I wasn’t really on vacation. Well, I was but only a one-day rest, that’s why I wasn’t lying when I told you I was free on the day of our flight. I really planned to take you somewhere near for one day but because I saw how you worked hard and took away your free time just to finish your work, I decided to bring you somewhere where you can relax. After our first day in the Philippines, my manager called me and asked where I was and told her about the situation. So I asked her to cover up for me. I didn’t know the CEO found out about it. I actually missed 2 special promotions of our newest Album this season so I suppose that was his reason for being too furious. But believe me, I would have told you about this after we come back here. I was really going to tell you everything, but then---“

 

“Enough! Since I heard enough, just tell me why you did that? I didn’t ask for your time. I didn’t ask you to sacrifice your time.” She raised her voice at me and I was guilty with that but she need to understand me too.

 

“I did that because I wanted to be with you. We barely saw each other, we barely talked to each other because of our busy schedules and I was afraid I might lose you once again. I was afraid that if we grew distant with each other, I might not be able to get a grip on you hand and lose you for real. That’s why I did that even though I know my career will be affected.” I explained and I saw tears in her eyes. I was about to wipe it but she dodged my hand.

“Let’s cool down first. I’m going to my room.” She said and I agreed even though I wanted to make thing clear to her.

After that, we really did talk it out. We settled things and we fixed things together. That’s why I thought we were already good.

But then she changed a bit. She is easily irritated at times and she sometimes avoids me. She actually blamed herself when she saw my manager doing laundry as a sideline. Then when I went back to the company, we really had a new manager and she looked strict. After our band meeting, she talked to me in private.

 

“If you don’t want to give up the girl you love, you must follow orders. And you must not break another rule. Or else she will really be gone.” She told me.

(End of flashback)

Wait… What if…

Was that… Oh my God! Was that the reason…

 

-I think my heart figured it out, my footsteps get slower

I don’t think I can bear to look at

The pretty face that will break up with me-