IV: JIN

Why Can't We Be [UNDER EDITING BUT CAN STILL READ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Indie's Note: Hi everyone! I'm sorry if my updates took so long. I promise to give you updates every weekend.Thank you for understanding and I hope you'll continue to shower love with this story. Thank you and Happy New Year! :) -Indiegrey90

 

♦ JIN ♦

 

@HnielPxrk Thank you for always adopting me, Kwon Fam! Merry Christmas!

@JKwkxn Merry Christmas with the stray kitten, @HnielPxrk! No one loves you! Hah!

 

Haniel is cooking with my mother and sister for Christmas lunch. I keep on laughing at Haniel’s face because the task that my mother given to her is her least favorite. Preparing the veggie salad. Hahaha! What do you expect from someone who doesn’t eat salad? Hahaha. She looks like going to cry.

She puts the carrots and some herbs that my mother believes as the recipe of her youthful skin. Haniel is just mixing everything but she doesn’t know what will happen or what’s going to be the taste of that salad.

I walked towards her but she did not even tilt her head to greet me. “Mom, Han don’t eat veggies.”

She glares at me. I am not helping them because it is not my duty to do it. Besides, I’m already tipsy because my cousins invited me for an early drinking session right after I picked up Haniel from their house.

Actually, we are not in good terms now. I called Xin last night and they are all upset to what I’ve done. Haniel is not in the mood to talk to me and to take my apology. I’m trying to lighten our long drive a while ago by asking the guy whom they met last night.

 

 “Just shut up. Your mom said that I should mix these…PLANTS.” She even called the vegetables as plants.

“HAHAHA! Plants? You know that it is not the right term for vegetables. You’re a writer.”

“Just shut up, bastard.” She is annoyed but at least, she talked to me. I don’t like it when she is holding grudge on me.

“Jin, just go to the living room and leave us alone.” Dasom said while putting out the cake from the oven. Dasom is my second elder sister. We are always fighting since we were toddlers. However, I really love Dasom because whenever I’m in trouble, she is the one who is fighting for me. We just don’t know how to talk nicely to each other.

“Okay, GRANDMA!” I ran away from the kitchen before Dasom throws some flour to me. “Come with me.” I also drag Haniel so that we can talk.

We went to the rooftop where my mother has her own botanical garden. It’s relaxing and I know we can talk here without any distractions because I locked the door going to the rooftop.

“I am still not finish! You mother is going to get angry!” She shouted with exasperation. She tries to go back but I pull her and tighten my grip. “Hey, it hurts!”

“Here.” I handed her a red envelope. “I don’t like it when you’re angry to me.”

“What’s this?”

“Christmas gift.” She opened the envelope. It is her trip ticket to Hawaii after New Year. I promised her before that we are going to Hawaii as our celebration to our stronger friendship.

“Jin, how about Jess-

“It’s a promise right? And we decided to go to Hawaii for our friendship celebration. Jess is not with the plan. And…” I picked one of the daisies that my mom grown. “I’m sorry.” Her smile is beautiful when I gave her the flower. I know that daisy is her favorite even if she did not say anything about it. Haniel, I am an observer and your silent moves are worth remembering than you words.  

 “Why are you always apologizing? Are you sorry for choosing being happy?” I was stunned by her question.  Is she not angry to me? But why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter