I must be crazy.

He's a Monster.

            "I must be crazy" Mark thought to himself as he walks towards gate number 7, Mark turns to look back at his friends and family who came to see him off. He waved at them for the last time and smiled brightly despite the fact he feels like throwing up.

Mark exhales nervously and steps forward "it’s now or never..." Mark thought and walks through the gate and into the tunnel that will lead him to the plane. As Mark continue to walk his thoughts are all over the place, the boy is debating whether to turn back to the comfort of his family and friends and pretend this never happened or to it up and just go for it. The boy choose to just it up.

"I was the one that accepted the offer, I wanted this" Mark thought. Mark never actually thought of being an idol or an entertainer but when a JYP scout approached him and asked him if he wanted to be an idol Mark got excited. Mark was tired of his everyday life, Mark felt it was like a vicious cycle that’s on repeat. Nothing is changing so when the offer to do something new and exciting Mark jumped at the offer. But that doesn’t stop Mark from being nervous, Mark has never been to Korea or know the language besides hello what’s more he’s going to be alone. “it’s going to be ok, yeah it’s going to be fine the scout said there are others like me; foreigners from different countries…”.

“Your seat is this way” a steward smiled warmly at Mark as she pointed in the direction to his seat, Mark gave her a timid smile and hurriedly walks towards his seat. Mark smiled to himself when he finds his seat to be by the window. Mark felt less nervous as he position himself by the window and looks outside, looking at L.A for the last time.

Mark was never the type to stand out, Marks likes being in the background like a wallflower silently observing the people around him but as Mark has gotten older Mark began questioning his existence like any teenager would. While everyone him seems to go about life with a purpose, Mark felt stuck there was nothing he was particularly good at. His grades were average, he’s decent at sports and skateboarding and he’s looks aren’t too bad but Mark felt it wasn’t enough, he wants to do something and shine a bit, he doesn’t want to stand out like the sun but more like the stars that shine ever so slightly at night.

“Please put your seatbelt on and remain seated until further instructions” This pulled Mark out from his thoughts and he puts his seat belt on and Mark began to notice how packed the plane has become. Wanting to distract himself he began playing with the small screen in front of him, Mark decided to check out the planes music selection and came across the genre “Kpop”. Mark figured he’s going to be trained to produce such things he might as well start learning about it now.

“Please take your luggage with you and walk out in an orderly fashion” the speaker announces through the plane. Mark rubbed his eyes as he grabbed his book bag from the compartment above his seat. “I’m finally here huh, no turning back now…” Mark thought to himself as he follow the group of people towards the gate.

Mark looks around the airport awkwardly for a sign or any indication of where he’s supposed to go until he felt a tap on his shoulder, “Hello, you must be Mark Tuan?” Mark turned around to find a man in his late 30’s staring at him. “Uhh yeah, that’s me” Mark awkwardly laughed, the man introduced himself as Peter and helped Mark with his luggage.

Mark less nervous with an English speaker next to him as he follows him out of the airport and towards a black a van. “I’m taking you to your dorm so you can get some rest, don’t worry too much about your training right now” Peter smiled and lightly pat Mark’s back. Mark didn’t realize how late it has gotten, it’s already midnight. Mark climbed into the back sit of the van looking out the window observing Seoul, “it’s kinda like L.A…if I squint my eyes…” Mark thought

“ya know you don’t have to be so scared, you’re in good hands everyone here at JYPE is friendly, you can call me hyung” Peters voice broke Mark’s train of thoughts “s-sorry what?” Mark stared at the driver confused. “It’s a thing in Korea, people call someone close to them that’s older hyung, it pretty much means big brother” peter explained. “Oh” Mark thought, the driver figured Mark was too tired for his tiny Korean lesson so he left the L.A native alone to his own thoughts.

“Here it is! Your new home” The man explained, Mark slowly stepped out of the van observing his dorm, it’s an apartment complex with many floors “I’m gonna be living here starting today huh.” Mark mumbled silently to himself, “Huh? What’s that?” Peter asked as he pulls Marks luggage from the back. “Uh o-ohh nothing I was just talking to myself ah..ha..ha.a..aa..” Mark rubbed the back of his head embarrassed. Peter smiled and lead the new trainee to his new home and knocked on the door, a black hair boy with two tiny moles on his eyelid answered “oh hey hyunng! Is that the new trainee?” “You got it” Peter responds back as he hand some of Marks luggage to the boy.

Mark awkwardly stared at the two exchange comments in Korean, until the black haired boy spoke in heavily accented English “Heyy whats up? I am Jaebum” Mark smiled brightly and responded back “Hi, I’m Mark” Peter smiled at the fact Mark seems to have gotten more comfortable and instructed Jaebum to help Mark get accustom to class tomorrow. Jaebum gave a firm “yeh” and proceeds to help move Mark’s luggage to his room.

Mark looks around his room that he shares with 3 other people, it’s pretty small and majority of the room is filled with cloths and mattresses. Mark got nervous at the fact he will be sleeping next to strangers on his first day in Korea. Mark wished Jaebum was one of his roommate but sadly he’s in the room across from his, Mark decided to walk around the apartment to distract himself from being so nervous.

As soon as he walks out a slender boy walks out of the bathroom with a towel around his neck, nervous Mark blurted out “WHATS UP MAN? I’M MARK!” The slender boy turns to look at Mark, Marks heart skipped a beat. “I’m JYP" the slender boy said with a poker face.

“Huh? Uh ohh” Mark stuttered, strange Mark was sure the CEO was much older. Mark stared confused at the slender boy. The slender boy burst out into laughter slapping Mark on the shoulder “ahaha sorry sorry, I just have same name as JYP-ssi, I’m Jinyoung” The slender boy said smiling brightly at Mark with wrinkles around his eyes.

Mark’s heart skipped a beat again as he stared at the smiling boy. “Woah” Mark thought as his hand went to his chest feeling his heart to see if it’s ok. Mark was feeling very confused, "why is my heart beating so fast? He's just a boy" Mark thought. Jinyoung’s smile turned into a pout and asked if the new trainee was ok,waving a hand over Marks face. Mark blinked “ohh yeah I’m fine, sorry, I’m Mark” Mark laugh nervously scratching his head.

Jinyoung’s pout returned back to a smile and asked Mark in broken English if he was hungry. Mark nodded in response before stuttering a “y-yes” Mark bit his lips, “good job playing it cool” Mark thought to himself and follows Jinyoung towards the kitchen. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, thats it for now, ahahaha. I know this is kinda boring so far but I wanted to establish a good setting for the story so yeah, I'm going WaYyYYYYYYyyy back. I got to idea from Got7's mini show/video Got2Day when Mark and Jinyoung was talking about their first time meeting each other back during their trainee days. Hope you guys will stick with me a little longer it will get interesting I promise. PEACE.

83a93927a16182ef047d1e8a84547e33.jpg