~Final~

Hyung, Will You Let Me Be Your Present?

 

I pressed my nose against the ice cold window, staring at the bare ground outside. I pouted, wishing that snow would
come soon. I still had no idea what to buy for the other members. Every time one of them asked if I’d gotten them presents
yet, I would always say “Of course” and laugh it off. Of course the truth was that I still hadn’t decided what to buy them
yet, and I was running out of time. It was already Christmas Eve-eve. I sighed and looked over at Jungkook, who was busy
watching… shopping channels?! “Umm, Jungkook, why are you watching this?” I questioned, raising an eyebrow.
He shrugged his shoulders. “Can I tell you a little secret? Promise not to laugh?” I nodded. “Well,” He looked down
at his feet, his cheeks turning pink. “I still haven’t got the others a present yet.”
I burst out laughing straight away. To be honest, I was relieved. “Yah! Don't laugh!!"
 
“Ahh, Kookie, I am relieved. I thought I was the only one. Let’s go together, okay?”
His eyes lit up. “Really? V hyung you’re the best!” He exclaimed, throwing his Christmas jumper-covered arms around
my neck. I pulled my face away, trying to hide the blush appearing on my cheeks. Now is not a good time for that. “So, what are
you waiting for? Let’s go! Or we may miss a deal.” I rolled my eyes and put on my coat, hat, gloves and scarf. Jungkook stared
at me for a few moments. Once he noticed that I had seen him, he smiled. “Good idea. It’s cold outside.” I shifted my feet around.
“Do you think it’s going to snow soon? I rarely get the chance to see the snow with you… lot.”
The corners of Jungkook’s lips curved upwards, as if he knew what I meant.
“I can’t think of someone better to see the snow with than you… guys.” He teased back. I nudged him.
“Okay, okay. We’ll go now. Keep your bobbly woollen hat on.” His finger flicked the bobble of my green hat.
I reached over to flick the bobble of his red one. He grinned back at me.
 
𝐻𝓎𝓊𝓃𝑔, 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒 𝐵𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉?
 
I stuffed my hands into my coat pockets, watching as my breath turned into puffs of white in the cold winter air. Beside me,
Jungkook was busy looking through every shop window, seeing what was on sale. "Hyung! Look!" He yelled, catching my
attention. "Do you think Jimin would like this?" He pointed to a red plaid snapback. I stared at it for a moment before grinning.
"You know he would! Why didn't I think of this before?" I took hold of his wrist, dragging him into the shop to buy it.
"Hold on! They might have other snapbacks too!" Jungkook called out as we entered the shop.
"Ahjumma, can we buy one of those snapbacks in the window?" The shopkeeper looked up from the computer and smiled.
"Just one? You don't want matching ones? All the couples do that nowadays." I looked down at our hands which had somehow
become intertwined. My cheeks flushed. I shook my hands. Jungkook stared at me, laughing.
"It's not for one of us, it's a present for our friend." Huh? Why isn't he denying it? I saw a smirk appear on his face.
That brat! He's teasing me!! "Oh well. I think you would have looked cute in matching hats." My eyes widened.
"Thank you for selling us the snapback! I'm sure he'll love it." I shouted as a dragged Jungkook out of the shop.
 
𝐻𝓎𝓊𝓃𝑔, 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒 𝐵𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉?
 
"Oh look, they have games in here. Didn't Jin hyung say he wanted some new nintendo games?" I hummed.
Peaking at his face from the gap in my fringe, I smiled. He's cute when he gets excited. I quickly looked away, stuffing
my mitten-clad hands into my pockets. "Are you coming in then? Maybe you'll see a game you like too!"
I nodded, not that he could really see because he had already wandered into the shop, looking around.
"Wah, it's a big place. There are so many games. Oh! Look at this. We should totally play this together some time."
I took a look at his beaming face as he held up an almost embarrassingly cute kart racing game.
"Yeah... we should." I turned my attention back to finding a present for Jin. "Hyung really likes these nowadays."
I held up a few different games for Jungkook to look at. "Let's get them!" He looped his arm through mine.
After being dragged, we paid for the games. "Planning on playing games together whilst you're snuggling up with blankets?"
My cheeks flushed again. I bet he's enjoying this right now. "It's not like that! They're a present!!"
Why does everyone think that we're a couple? It's making me go crazy. Do we look that good together?
 
"I'm going crazy! Why do all the shopkeepers think we're a thing?" I looked over to see him smirking. "And you! You're
enjoying this, aren't you?" I accused him, pointing a finger at him. He pinched my cheek, wiggling the skin.
I brushed him off. "Hyung, it's funny. Why are you annoyed by it? Fans ship us together all the time!"
"But that's different! They do it for fun! They know we're not really a thing." I folded my arms over my chest.
Jungkook looked away, biting his lip. "No, we're not." Why does he sound so sad about that?
 
𝐻𝓎𝓊𝓃𝑔, 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒 𝐵𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉?
 
"Kookie, let's look in here." Jungkook hummed, not saying a word. Silly, I want to get you the present you really want.
As soon as we walked in, I turned to him. "Let's split up and look, okay?" He nodded halfheartedly.
I watched him unenthusiastically scanning the rows of clothes. I sighed and walked over to the shoe section.
"What kind of trainers would he like...?" I felt a hand rest on my shoulder just as I reached for one of the trainers.
"Hyung," Jungkook panted, laughing his face off. "I just thought of the best present ever."
I raised an eyebrow. "How about this..." He explained his idea of a present for Hoseok.
 
I held my stomach, trying to keep myself on my feet. I wiped away a small tear. My legs wobbled as if they were jelly.
"He'll love it." I breathed out in between laughs. "Can they do that before Christmas day?"
Calming down, Jungkook shrugged. "I hope so. Anyway, what were you looking at? Trainers?"
This is my chance to figure out which ones he would like! I saw him looking over the racks when suddenly he paused.
His eyes lit up, but then he shook his head and they went back to normal. "Too expensive." he muttered.
I, however, grinned to myself. Too expensive my , it's Christmas. Why not spoil yourself?
"I'll be over in a minute." I told him as he turned to order his special present.
He gave me a suspecting look, but then the corners of his mouth twitched into a subtle smile.
 
𝐻𝓎𝓊𝓃𝑔, 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒 𝐵𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉?
 
"Are you thirsty? Why have we come here?" Jungkook asked, confused as to why we were standing in a shop
looking at the fridge of drinks. I clicked my tongue. He should know why. Why else would I be looking at energy drinks?
"No, silly, I was going to buy some for Yoongi hyung. He's always saying how tired he is all the time."
Jungkook chuckled to himself. "If it was anyone else, you'd be murdered, but hyung is too lazy for that." he joked.
I smiled. What a loving family we are. But thinking about Jungkook as my brother feels odd.
It shouldn't; I call him bro all the time, but it still feels so... alien. "How many does he need?"
I stared down at the drinks in my arms. I must have been picking them up while I was thinking about him.
"I'm not really sure. Shall we say 3?" I slowly started putting the extra drinks back into the fridge, my cheeks on fire.
All of a sudden, a stranger bumped into me, making me stumble right into Jungkook's side. I gulped.
Since when did our maknae look so handsome? I've always said it, but I've never actually felt my heart pounding before.
Jungkook just gave me an embarrassed smile and asked, "How do you feel about getting some ice cream?"
 
𝐻𝓎𝓊𝓃𝑔, 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒 𝐵𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉?
 
I shivered, my teeth chattering. "H-how can you e-eat that? Are you c-crazy?" The man sitting opposite me smiled slyly.
He slid a cup of hot chocolate towards me. I didn't even hesitate before taking a sip. "Ouch!"
"Too hot for you? Let me blow on it." He's really enjoying all of this, isn't he? Is this a hidden camera?
I glared at him, smacking his hand away. "Stop messing around. It's driving me crazy."
He grinned cheekily. "If you talk like that, I won't give you your present." He folded his arms over his chest.
I pouted, taking another sip of the hot chocolate. "I bought you the best present ever. Yours had better be just as good."
Jungkook bit his lip. It looked as though he was holding back a smile. "Yeah, it's even better."
"Ice cream?" he asked, holding up a spoon full of brownish icy goo. I scrunched up my nose, cringing.
"Try it. It's good." Jungkook looked at the spoon. "Despite it's consistency. And colour." he added.
I shrugged and accepted the small scoop. My eyes widened. "Wow. It reminds me of Christmas."
"Want to see how much ice cream we can eat before we turn into snowmen?" He leaned forward and raised an eyebrow.
 
𝐻𝓎𝓊𝓃𝑔, 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒 𝐵𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉?
 
I held my forehead in my hands, groaning. "I think my brain has frozen over. Seriously, why did I accept the challenge?"
Jungkook held his head too. He turned his head to face me. "I can't even feel my tongue anymore." He complained.
I shivered. "Well that is your fault, silly." I flicked his forehead. He groaned and rubbed the skin.
"Let's try and get out of the cold. Wait, what time is it?" Jungkook looked at his watch and sighed. "The shops are closing."
I frowned. We still had one more present to get. "Unless..." he suddenly looked up at me, smirking.
I shrugged, confused. "What do you have in mind? I'm not sure I like that look on your face." I leaned away from him.
"What's the one thing that Namjoon hyung want the most?" He grabbed my shoulders excitedly.
I cleared my throat. Our faces were too close for my heart to cope with. "U-umm... a day's peace?"
Jungkook laughed and shook his head, leaning in the whisper in my ear. "No. That's-well he wouldn't say no."
"Looks like we have some matchmaking to do!" He exclaimed, taking my hand in his and dragging me along.
 
𝐻𝓎𝓊𝓃𝑔, 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒 𝐵𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉?
 
The clock ticked and tocked as a prolonged silence fell over us. Jungkook clicked his tongue, waiting for someone to
say something and finally break the silence. "What? You want me to be his present?!" I smiled sheepishly.
Taeyoung turned to me, puzzled. "Oppa," she whined. "I told you before, he doesn't like me like that!"
I rolled my eyes. "Are you blind? Of course he does. Only the two of you can't see that." I facepalmed, shaking my head.
The shorter girl blinked in surprise. "Y-you think so?" her cheeks turned the colour of a strawberry.
I looked at Jungkook, who also looked at me. "We don't doubt it for a second. He looks at you like.. like..."
Taeyoung grinned. "Like you and Jungkook oppa look at each other!" I gasped and cupped a hand over .
"U-umm. She was just joking." I laughed awkwardly. Jungkook bit back a smile.
"And how do we look at each other? Hmm? Like how hyung's dad looks at cheesecake?" He joked, winking at me.
I crossed my arms over my chest, sighing in playful anger. "Aww, don't be like that." Jungkook pinched my cheeks.
Whilst he was teasing me, I heard Taeyoung mumble, "That's how you look at each other. Like you're in love."
 
𝐻𝓎𝓊𝓃𝑔, 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒 𝐵𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉?
 
"I hope you spent your money on useful stuff! I don't want washing-up liquid or makeup this year!" Jin yelled, running downstairs.
I laughed heartily. We always did love teasing him about being the mum of our group. “Don’t worry.” I assured him.
He pointed his finger at me. “You! You’re the worst. You bought me a pink apron last year.” I shrugged, feigning innocence.
“But you love pink, hyung.” I reasoned, smirking. Jin shook his head in (half-serious) annoyance.
He put his hands on his hips. “Not when the apron is glittery and says ‘pretty princess’.” I laughed at the memory.
“You don’t complain when the fans call you a pretty princess.” I stuck out my tongue at him. He sighed, walking into the kitchen.
“No! Hyung don’t look. I haven’t had chance to wrap your present yet. It came like 5 minutes ago!!” Jungkook whined behind me.
I chuckled at the chaotic scenes all around me. “So what did you get me?” Namjoon hugged my arm and fluttered his eyelashes.
I shook him off and scrunched my nose up. “Eww hyung you look weird when you make a face like that.” Namjoon gasped.
All of a sudden, I heard Jin clap his hands loudly. We all turned to face him. “The opening of the presents shall now commence!”
Crunch. Everyone looked towards Jimin, who was munching on his favourite snack. He shrugged. “What? I couldn’t wait.”
Hoseok pouted. “Hey, you opened my present without waiting for us first.” Jimin offered him a bite and he gladly accepted it.
 
I turned to Yoongi who was snoring lightly, his head leaning on Jimin’s shoulder. “Yah! We paid money for your present!”
Yoongi woke up, rubbing his eyes. “We?” he questioned groggily, one of his eyes still closed since he had just woken up.
Jungkook handed over the present, smiling from ear to ear. “Yup, we bought all the presents together.”
The others held back a smirk. “Together, eh? What were you doing, going on a date?” Namjoon nudged Jungkook.
I rolled my eyes. “Just open your presents guys.” I handed Jin his present too. He took it excitedly, beaming at me.
“Seriously? Energy drinks?” I chuckled and grinned cheekily. “Well at least I should stay awake for today.” Yoongi shrugged.
“Woo! A new game!! This is just what I wanted guys. I’m going to make you play it with me.” Jin laughed evilly.
“Whaaatever.” I smacked his arm playfully, watching Jungkook hand Jimin’s present that was obvious what it was from the shape.
He put it on straight away, doing a happy dance and singing a random tune. I raised my eyebrow, looking away at Jungkook.
I hope he enjoys his present just as much. I know how much he’s been wanting those trainers ever since he saw them.
“Kookie, come here. I’ve got your present.” I handed over a box. His face lit up with joy. Maybe he’s hoping it is…
His jaw dropped. “H-hyung. B-but these are so expensive!” I looked down at the floor, hiding my cheeks that had heated up.
“You really bought them for me? How did you know that I wanted them?” I scratched my neck nervously.
“Well you looked like a kid in a candy shop. Your eyes went all wide and started sparkling.”
Jungkook bit his lip. “Well now I feel as though my present isn’t good enough to beat that.”
I slung my arm around his shoulder. “Don’t feel bad. It’s the thought that counts, not the price or the size.”
 
𝐻𝓎𝓊𝓃𝑔, 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒 𝐵𝑒 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉?
 
"Tada!" a petite brunette cheered as she popped out of a 'present'. Everyone but me and Jungkook were surprised.
“Oppa… say something?” Taeyoung blushed furiously as Namjoon stood in front of her, shocked. He looked at her, then at me.
“Well the two of you have been crushing on each other since forever and I’m sick of it. So I will say this now; get together already!”
Namjoon laughed awkwardly, chewing on his lip. “Well, if your brother accepts it, what do you say? Date me?” Taeyoung giggled.
Just as she was about to speak, Hoseok burst out laughing. “Guys really? This t-shirt is the best!” he roared with laughter.
Everyone turned to look at him as he wiped away tears. I admired the genius of Jungkook’s present. “I am horseu.”
A t-shirt depicting him riding a toy horse. Genius. I grinned, looking over at Jungkook. He gave me a thumbs up.
Hoseok galloped off to change into his new favourite t-shirt while we all laughed at him.
“Aaaand for you, Mr Kim.” Jungkook pulled a small present out from his pocket. I looked at it, wondering what it could be.
As my eyes fell on the paper, my whole world seemed to freeze. I looked up at Jungkook, who looked away, blushing.
 
“A coupon for a free date. Tonight, 6pm at the park nearby.” I smiled, feeling my heart melt. I hesitantly pulled him to me.
“Thank you. This is the best Christmas present I could possibly hope for. You don’t know how long I’ve waited for this.”
Jungkook laughed. “Y-yeah, me too. I’ve wanted to say it for a while and I decided that now was the best time to say it.”
"Then... say it? Officially I mean. I want to hear it." I smiled shyly.
"Pabo." he whispered, cupping my cheeks in his hands. "Hyung, will you let me be your present?"

I pouted, hitting his arm playfully. “Not that.” Jungkook laughed, nodding his head.

“Okay, okay, I’ll say it for real.” He looked deep into my eyes. “I’ve loved you for a while, so will you be mine?”

He gave me a toothy grin. I bit my lip. “Do you think I’d seriously say no?” I answered, hugging him tightly. “I’ll be there.”

 

 

 

 

 

By the way, I just made up a name for V's little sister. Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed reading this!