Rememberance

Two Way Street

Hello, wonderful readers! <3 As you may've noticed, this story is marked as complete. I know what you're thinking, 'it's only the second chapter - what did I even suscribe for if it's already over?' Well, I have two, maybe three  more stories after this since I just recently had a epilogue ideaDon't worry, they will all be connected, as they follow a certain theme to songs by Kimbra that my crazy mind connected together, so there is more to this story ... just not in "Two Way Street". And I'm happy that this story had some success! I'm grateful for all of the views and the subscribers I have gained from this story, so thank you all so much! You're suscribing wasn't in vain, I promise! Also, real quick, the text that is centered is taking place in the present, and the regular text placed to the left is Jungkook remembering events, just so you know. 

So without further ado, here is the final chapter of T.W.S :) Kimbra: Two Way Street Audio (open in another tab, or look up the mp3 if on mobile)


Jungkook walked away from the building, so much on his mind. He should be so happy that he even got a kiss, but now that he knew the truth, he never wanted to touch those lips again.

Why? he asked himself for the umteenth time. What was it that went wrong? 

He wandered around the streets, mind scanning each and every moment they were together from start to their upcoming finish. 

He could remember the first time he met Jimin.

Jungkook was eighteen, at the time, fresh out into the adult world. He had graduated high school with honors, and was enrolled into the police academy. 

His family was all kinds of great things: Jin, a doctor; Namjoon, a rapper; Yoongi, a cadet; Hoseok, a race car driver, and Taehyung, a private investigator. Jungkook wanted to follow in their footsteps and make something of his young life as well. 

When he had told them he wanted to be a cop, they had supported his choice whole heartedly. It wouldn't be the first time that someone in their family went into the academy, but unlike Tae, he was going into the line of duty, directly. 

Joining the academy was nerve-wracking; Jungkook didn't know what to expect. He had heard stories of people getting tasered and maced while in training, and boy was he not looking forward to that. But once all was said and done, he was just glad to get it over with. Even if he had to stay at home in the dark for a few days afterwards. 

He was about a third of the way done with his training when Namjoon decided that they should go out to celebrate all of Jungkook's recent progress. Everyone had been pretty busy with their jobs, so they all hadn't had time to really sit down and spend time together as a family. 

Of course, everyone was on board, so they all packed into the family car and headed out to a nearby restaurant. 

It had been a dreary day, one filled with clouds overhead, and a slight chill to the air, but Jungkook didn't mind. Those were the days he enjoyed the most. He could remember sitting in the back, watching the world pass by through the window, thinking about what life had in store for him years from then.

If he only knew. 

They had gone to the park later on; Jin, Namjoon, Taehyung, Hoseok, himself, and Yoongi.

Thinking back on it, why did it have be that day? Out of all three-hundred-sixty-five of them, that had to be the one they decided to go out.

If only he knew what was to transpire beforehand, he would've never went to the park with them. He could've just made up some silly lie about some paperwork he needed to get done. 

But he knew if he had done so, he would've never lived it down; all of it had been for him, in the first place, afterall.

It seemed pretty normal in the beginning; Hobi and Yoongi were playing basketball, while Tae ran around playing with some kids on a nearby playground. Namjoon and Jin were walking the track, hands clasped together, while talking softly.

Jungkook watched as Jin laid his head upon Namjoon's left shoulder and closed his eyes. It was a calming sight, one Jungkook himself would never get tired of seeing. They were so sweet with each other... he sighed and wished that he could find a love like that one day.

Smiling slightly, Jungkook turned and walked towards one of the big fields where a small soccer game was being held. Having nothing else to do, he sat on the small set of bleachers the park had provided, and decided to watch the game - even if he only gazed on with halfhearted intrest.

It had only been a few minutes, before loud cheering could be heard from one of the teams. It figures, the one time he chose to check his phone was the moment when something exciting happened. Looking to the field, he could see one team lift a raven haired male above their heads, carrying him a short ways around the field.

Hm..

From his standpoint, the guy didn't really look that bad... Charcoal black hair, slightly tanned skin, a bright smile that made his eyes disappear... yeah, not bad looking at all.

He continued to watch as they put the boy down, and patted him on the back.

Must've scored the winning goal... he determined.

The team members began to disperse, and Jungkook began to do the same. It was getting kind of late, and he needed to catch up with the others. Jin would be out of his mind with worry if he didn't show up on time, and an angry Jin in mama mode, was not a pretty sight. He shivered at the thought.

"You cold?" Came a voice. Jungkook flinched, looking immediately to his right where he came face to face with the same male he had just analyzed a few moments earlier - only he was much better looking up close.

Not letting his surprise show anymore than it had already, Jungkook shook his head. "No, I was just lost in thought." He said, truthfully. The boy smiled a sweet smile.

"Ah," he said, "Are you sure? I could let you borrow my jacket - I won't really need it anyways."

A dark eyebrow rose at this. "You'd really let a complete stranger borrow your jacket? Are you insane?" He asked, scoffing slightly. The tiniest of smiles was playing at his lips, as to not offend the other, who just laughed in responce.

"Ah, I guess you're right." The guy said, taking off his damp jersey and showing off his toned midsection in the process.  Jungkook didn't let himself be tempted and resisted the urge to look at the sight.

"I'm Jimin." The male said, sticking out his hand in greeting. Jungkook took it, hesitantly, choosing his words carefully as he spoke.

"Is this your way of picking up dates?" He asked in all seriousness, allowing himself a glance over the toned muscles.

The guy - Jimin - followed his gaze and  laughed wholeheartedly. "Not usually," he said, "but if it's working, then what do you say?"

Jungkook chuckled. "Oh, trust me. It's going to take a lot more than smooth words to win me over."

Something in Jimin's gaze changed. His eyes glistened with what Jungkook could only guess was peaked interest. He watched as an eyebrow rose, and a small smirk that showed off a glimpse of  the top row of white teeth began to appear.

Challenge accepted, it seemed to say.

"Jungkook! Jungkook, where are you?!"

He could hear Jin's voice raise above the silence that had made it's way between him and Jimin. Oh, great...Raising a hand, he could hear a herd of footfalls rushing to him in pure distress.

Jin must be in mother mode again.

"Kookie! Where-" Taehyung started, only to stop mid sentence as he gazed upon the scene.

It must've been quite the sight, he thought, chuckling.

Him, still holding onto the hand of a shirtless guy that he had just met. Yep, that was totally normal.

Letting go of the stranger, Jungkook sighed and regained his composure before turning around to face his Hyungs. The look on everyone's face was priceless, until you got to Jin and Namjoon. There was a reason they were called mom and dad.

"Jeon Jungkook. Get. Over. Here. NOW!" Jin punctuated, but the worry was still evident in his voice, no matter how strong he tried to sound. Jungkook sighed audibly, and lowered his head, before looking back up to Jimin. "Well, guess I'll catch you around, Jimin." He said, not meaning a word. What were the chances of him meeting this guy again, anyway? Turning around, he was stopped by a hand on his wrist. 

"Wait."

In a flash, the pressure was gone and he could hear Jimin groaning in pain. 

"You lay one more finger on him and it'll be your life." 

It was Yoongi. 

The blond had grabbed Jimin's wrist and forced his arm behind his back, similar to how they had showed him at the academy in training videos. 

Jin and Namjoon were by his side in seconds, their arms around him. Protecting him. Jimin was desperetly trying to get out of Yoongi's grasp, yelling as he went. He couldn't really see much, as Namjoon had moved to stand in front of him, but he could hear the struggle.

"Hey! Get off of me!" 

"Who the hell are you - what did you do to Jungkook?!"

It was then he heard a loud thump of something hitting pavement. 

"Yoongi!" He heard Hoseok yell, "Yoongi, that's enough!" 

Pushing his way through, Jungkook looked on as Hoseok and Namjoon suddenly took off to where Yoongi had Jimin pinned to the ground. It took them both to pull the small man off of him. 

Despite his small appearance, Yoongi wasn't a military cadet for nothing. 

Jungkook didn't know what pushed him to do so, but he rushed past Jin and went to kneel by Jimin's side. 

"What the heck are you doing, Kookie? Stay away from him!" He heard Yoongi protest, but he ignored him. Namjoon went to collect his 'son', but a hand on his sholder stopped him. Taehyung stood there, his eyes desperately trying to commute with Namjoon to give the two a minute, and against all of his better judgement, he relented. 

"Jimin, are you okay?" He asked, putting a hand on Jimin's shoulder. 

"You know this guy?!" Yoongi and Namjoon yelled, only to get a glare in response. 

Jimin held his head, "Ah..." he groaned, "I've definitely have had better days..." he said jokingly, and Jungkook couldn't help but laugh. "Well, seeing how you've had to endure the rath of my family... what do you say I take you up on your offer?" 

Jimin smiled, but winced as he chuckled, "Is this your way of picking up dates?" Jungkook just shook his head, smiling brightly. 

~

"It had been such an easier time back then..." Jungkook spoke to himself. Looking around, he found himself outside a small café, ironically the same one where he and Jimin had their first date. 

Jungkook smiled sadly as memories of that day came flooding back as he stared through the glass. 

~

Fingers tapped impatiently against the crystal ware stand rhythmically. Dark brown eyes scrutinized about all the figures in the multitude of them steadily passing by. Looking down at his watch, a sigh escaped his lips. 

"It's five o'clock now. He was supposed to meet me here an hour ago." 

Placing his chin atop his hand, his brown eyes darted away from the terrace to the inside of the café. His mind became flooded with negative, second thoughts as there was still no sign of his date, even after ten more minutes of waiting. I knew he was just like the others... I'm just wasting my time. Pushing back against the table, the male was just about to get up to leave when a yell of his name escaped into the air. 

"Jungkook!" 

Closing his eyes in annoyance, the said male sighed.

Who am I kidding...

A shorter, well built male came rushing to his side, "Jungkook, I'm - " he started, but was cut off by the raise of a paler (in comparison to his own) hand. 

"Jimin, I know what you are going to say, so I'm going to stop you now." He stated, opening his eyes and looking at the other male, "Let's just sit down and do what we came to do, yeah?" With that, Jungkook moved to sit down at the table again, Jimin following in his footsteps. 

~

Jungkook could remember sitting across from Jimin, trying so hard to stay mad at him... but failing. Sitting there with Jimin made Jungkook smile inside. He could remember the exact feeling of hatred at the fact that he had then knew that he was already falling closer to the male he hadn't known but for a short time. 

. . .

And it had only gotten better (worse?) from there. The two of them began to grow closer and closer, as the months went by. Kisses were shared, along with sweet words and wild dreams of their upcoming future together. Until one night, 

Jungkook decided to make it official. 

To seal his and Jimin's fates together as one forever,

Or so he thought at the time. 

Jugnkook didn't know what it was about his thinking back then, but it seemed so childish to him now. He grew up knowing about affairs people would have, and the certain wild, carefree ... dangerous ...  lifestyle that most of the population lived with their random sleeping and hooking up habits, but Jungkook thought that it would be different for him. 

But was he ever wrong, and he knew that now. 

Just because giving himself wholly meant so much to him, that didn't nessasarily mean it would to other people, despite what they might've said at the time. 

People tend to be able to say and do a lot when "in the moment".

It hurts to have to find out the hard way. 

Jungkook knew that now. Too little too late, it seemed. 

And this wasn't even the worst of it, no, not by a long shot. This was only the calm before the storm.  


 And there you have it. Sorry if it wasn't what you were expecting, but I tend to want to write chapter fics when they're really not needed. The next story will explain both sides of the story, and hopefully it will be longer, in either chapters or chapter length, if there are few chapters. Thank you for reading, and keep an eye out for Cameo Lover, coming soon :P