Pictures are worth a thousand words

Two Way Street

"Jimin would never cheat!" Jungkook exclaimed, outraged by the meer thought of his boyfriend of three - close to four- years, with another on his arm. But as he examined the photo further, the more his mind began to wander, his trust began to waiver... until he wasn't so sure of the words he had spoke just moments ago. "…would he?" His voice had broken as he spoke those two words that filled him with so much sorrow.

Jin placed a hand upon the youngers shoulder, squeezing once as a sign of sympathy, "That's what we've been trying to tell you, dear..." he said, kneeling down to be face to face with Jungkook, "That boy's nothing but trouble.."

The maknae shook his head, still refusing to believe it, his heart trying so hard to convince his mind what it already knew was a lie.

Tears began to appear at the corners of his eyes, spilling over not too long after. His body began to shake with sobs that he couldn't hold back any longer. Hiccups escaped his throat the harder he cried. 

Hoseok stood then to sit next to the heartbroken male, wrapping his arms around him as he did so. The younger automatically curling into the other's side. 

"Why?" Jungkook cried, "Why would he do something like this to me?" he asked himself, "What did I do wrong?" 

"Oh, honey." Jin started, moving his hand to the younger males back then, rubbing soothing circles as he did so. Yoongi, Namjoon, and Taehyung made their way over as well, deeply bothered by the scene in front of them. "You are not the one at fault for this, no. None of this is your fault." 

"Jin's right. " agreed Yoongi, grabbing the youngers hand in his as he went to kneel in front of him, similar to how Jin was doing. "This is not your fault, Jungkook-ah. Anyone would be lucky to have someone like you by their side. That bastard just didn't realize just how special you really are. " 

Taehyung nodded his head in silent agreement. Namjoon stood there with a stern look on his face, "You deserve much better than him, Kook. I swear if I see that little punk, I'm gonna - " 

"Hmm - ugn." Jin cleared his throat, giving Namjoon a clear glare that, he knew, meant "Shut. Up." Regaining his composure, Namjoon continued. 

"I mean, we'll take care of this for you, if you want?" He asked, knowing better than to straight out say they were going to do something for him. He knew how much Jungkook hated being waited on and made to feel like a little kid who was capable of nothing.

That was the downside of being the youngest in a group of friends.

Jungkook sniffled and pulled his face from Hoseok's shirt. "No," he said, "I appreciate the offer, but this is something I'm going to have to do alone."

The others shared a look of concern for Jimin. He really didn't want to have hurt their Maknae. Despite him being the youngest, he was quite the force to be reckoned with when he was mad. Yeah, sure they were all mad as hell with the other, and would want to give him more than a piece of their mind, (more like fist), but they knew that what Jungkook had planned would be a whole lot worse.

Plus, they never said anything about not getting a hold of Jimin after Jungkook had dished out his punishment. They were fair in what they promised. 

Silently agreeing to make sure the other would still be alive, they all began to plan how to go about following their youngest friend.

 

~

 

Jungkook walked down the steps in front of the house the seven of them shared, wordlessly wiping away his tears. Taking a deep breath, he began to make his way to where he knew Jimin would be.

His thoughts couldn't escape from the depths of pain-inducing news he had learned just moments ago. He could feel the thoughts geting to him, as tears threatened to make another appearance, but he quickly stopped them. "No," he said to himself, "the time for tears is over. There's no need to waste tears on someone who don't deserve them."

His face grew dim, and his body grew ridged. His fists clenched tight until his knuckles turned white.

The rain started to pour, as the dark grey clouds burst overhead, which just made the sight that was Jungkook, that much scarier to the occasional passer by.

The young man stayed like that for a few moments until he was sure of what he was going to do. Snapping out of his current [scary] state of mind, Jungkook quickly made his way to Jimin's place of work.

Rushing inside the building, he looked around quickly for the head of red hair he was familiar with seeing. It didn't take him long to find said colored hair.

"Jimin!" he called happily, ignoring all of the weird stares and angry glances he got from his [so-called] boyfriend's co-workers. But what else would you expect from a bunch of accountants?

Jungkook scoffed, if he had his officer's uniform on, he bet those looks would've never reached the surface of their faces.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here?" Jimin asked rushed, lowering his voice to a harsh whisper. Jungkook noticed this and feigned hurt.

"Are you not happy to see your boyfriend?" he pouted. Jimin's face lightened, but not the way Jungkook remembered. He could read that there was a lot more than pure surprise at his unexpected visit.

"Oh, of course not, Kookie," Jimin cooed, grabbing the younger's hands in his, "but you know how my boss is concerning people just barging in and keeping people from their work. He's really serious about his company." he said.

The taller male sighed "Yeah, " he said trying to sound dejected, "I know. But I just wanted to tell you to meet me later tonight. Eight o' clock. By the park." he smiled slightly.

Jimin looked at him confused, "Okay... What's the occasion? And couldn't you just have texted me this? I mean, we do live together, after all. "

"I just wanted to see you." Jungkook said, "I've not had the best day today, and just felt like I really needed to see you."

Jimin looked concerned, "Is everything alright, Kookie?" he asked, reaching out to touch the other, before stopping himself and putting his arm back by his side. 

Smiling slightly, the younger came up to wrap his arms around the elder's shoulders, pulling him close. He felt the others arms wrap around his waist, and smiled sadly, "It is now." That was the first time in a long time that they had even attempted to hold each other again. 

Pulling away, Jimin chuckled at Jungkook's antics. "Crazy." he said rustling his hair, "But I have to get back to work. Just call me if you need anything, Okay? I don't like it when you're upset." Jungkook nodded and began to turn away.

"Oh! And Jungkook?"

"Yeah?"

Jimin rushed and left a quick peck on the taller's lips. "See you tonight." Jungkook smiled, but unbeknownst to Jimin, the smile didn’t reach his eyes. It never would. Not anymore.  

 

~

 

"Guys! I know ... where they're ... going to be!" yelled Taehyung, rushing into the livingroom, out of breath. Bending over, he put his hand on his knees and tried to catch his breath. His clothes were soaked through, and he was chilled to the bone, thanks to the surprise rain storm. 

"Well?" Namjoon rushed, only to get a raised finger in response, making him slouch back in his seat. 

"Tae, dear, just come over hear and have a seat. You've done enough today." Jin told his dongsaeng, who just nodded and did as he was told. Placing the towel that he was handed by Jin, down,Tae took a seat next to Hoseok. Reaching over, he grabbbed the glass of water that was offered to him by one of his hyung's, and drank gratefully. Offering a small smile once he was finished, Taehyung took a deep breath and began to explain what he had witnessed. 

The group leaned in, listening closely - intently - not missing a word that the youngest (in the room) spoke. One by one, their eyes became wide with the realization of what was to transpire later that night. As soon as Tae finished, everyone released a breath they didn't know they had been holding.

"Oh, man. Jimin's done it now." Spoke Yoongi, to which everyone nodded silently. 

"But what are we going to do?" Asked Hoseok, "The last time this happened, we could't get him to talk or come out of his room for a week!" 

"I wouldn't worry to much about that, guys." Spoke Jin. Everyone looked to him, questionably. 

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I kept something from the last time this happened." He explained, leaving the room momentarily only to return with a small bottle in his hand. "I just hope that this is enough to do the trick..." 

Looking at the small bottle in his hand, he really hope it would be enough. They all did.